Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 10:02 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,490,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Of course you realize that pointing out the reality of the situation has very little effect on someone with a set of beliefs like our fellow poster has (and which he makes sure to promote in every thread he can). If he says the Jews control the media...why then we do!
Of course, I was just having a bit of fun at his expense. My main concern is that he would threaten me or something. I once hung up on a guy who, unbeknownst to me, may have been a mafioso and nothing happened. Still mocking a Nazi might be riskier.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:11 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,858,916 times
Hitler didn't deport Jews. He stole from them, took their businesses away, and murdered them. That is a big huge difference than deportation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZKay1 View Post
Well, that depends on exactly how you choose to define bad. If Hitler thought Jews were going to destroy Germany, it would be fair for him to want to deport them. I really don't know his thinking. I've never sat down and had a conversation with Hitler, nor has anyone here. You can't really define a person by their actions either, it's really what's in their heart that makes them good or bad.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:15 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,858,916 times
Emigration of Jews became illegal in Nazi Germany. Europe was also ruled by Hitler, so there were no nearby countries for the Jews to seek refuge in. Also if the Jews wanted to leave they were forced to leave all of their money and belongings behind (during the early part of Nazi reign).

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlabel View Post
In all fairness to Hitler, he did tell the Jews to get out. If I had been a Jew in Germany around 1938 and saw some of the stuff going on in the streets, I would've gotten me and my family outta there asap.

Hitler really crossed the line when he started killing the disabled, the mentally ill, the gypsies, etc. and started using people for cruel medical experiments. That just ain't right.

Old 08-08-2009, 11:56 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,661,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
You have a very good point, the thing is jews control the media and they are obsessed with something that happened 60 years ago.
Daryle, do you wear your hood and robe when you troll on city data?

Old 08-09-2009, 12:04 AM

2,783 posts, read 6,661,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
You have a very good point, the thing is jews control the media and they are obsessed with something that happened 60 years ago.
we're silly like that!

Old 08-09-2009, 12:12 AM

61,289 posts, read 87,208,860 times
yes he was. that is why general eisenhower made sure to carefully document the death camps bek right bout now people would be saying it never happened. i would suggest looking at the films b4 questioning history's judgment of hitler. 25 million people dead from WWII courtesy mr hitler.

Old 08-09-2009, 01:38 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,858,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LZKay1 View Post
Well, that depends on exactly how you choose to define bad. If Hitler thought Jews were going to destroy Germany, it would be fair for him to want to deport them. I really don't know his thinking. I've never sat down and had a conversation with Hitler, nor has anyone here. You can't really define a person by their actions either, it's really what's in their heart that makes them good or bad.
By his own words he admitted to be willing to kill tens of millions in Eastern Europe to create "living space" for German colonists and even entertained the idea of introducing mass slavery (making slavery in the Americas look small scale) in the European colonies in Africa.

So, yes, Hitler was evil from both his actions and what was in his "soul".

Old 08-09-2009, 01:48 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,858,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
I do think it's interesting how demonized Hitler is (rightfully so), but no one says a hoot about Stalin. Stalin was every bit as evil, if not more so.
I think Hitler has a bit of an edge considering that he was eventually stopped, but Stalin ruled for almost 30 years unmolested.

The reason is because I think Hitler makes a better morality play. He rose to power, killed some people, started a war, killed a lot of people, and went down in flames.

Stalin sneaked his way into power, played a previously existing system, became even more powerful, and died in his sleep.

Which one makes a better story about how being a dictator sucks?

Old 08-09-2009, 02:20 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,435,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungeon View Post
I don't mean to imply that he was good in anyway, but when I read up the history of what american presidents did to Americans, what English, french, belgium, dutch, spainards, portugese, and so on were doing to africans, and asians and natives, it is not much better or worse than what hitler did to jews. I don';t see how king leopold or king louis, jan smuts, king george, mao zedong, charles de gaule, stalin, or any of the allied leaders were any less evil than Hitler. They all went around the world killing people, murdering and rping and pillaging. I don't see how concetrations of germany are any worse than the reserves in america and canada where indians were wiped out and forced to live on. I don't see how the acts of europeans in africa to wip out entire nations are any less evil than hitlers gas chambers, the only difference is that jews knew they were going to die because they would go to a camp first. Africans, natives and indians never knew when an englishman would come and kidnap you or blow your brains out in your sleep

Old 08-09-2009, 02:35 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,067,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc99 View Post
Also I think it was the German's meticulous record keeping that brought to light the horrors. Stalin and the Russians did their best to hide and destroy records or just didn't keep them so the number of atrocities wil never really be known.
Good point. Stalin did destroy records, especially of those committed during the Purges. Not only were archives closed, but camp sites were forbidden and no television crews filmed Soviet camps or their victims as they had done in Germany at the end of the Second World War (Gulag by Anne Applebaum). It has been estimated that 7 million or so died under Stalin (I've seen even higher estimates).

The Social Affairs Unit - Web Review: Stalin the Mass Murderer: How many victims?

I urge people, if interested at all in history, to educate themselves in Stalins purges, collectivization, and the Gulags (forced labor camps). That dark part of Soviet history is every bit as horrifying as the Holocaust and sadly, not taught in schools.

Last edited by annika08; 08-09-2009 at 02:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies