Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 09:15 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
.... but unfortunately all Bigots and racist are Republicans. which is why I'll never stand with them.
what a lie

Old 08-08-2009, 09:23 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Quote:
.... but unfortunately all Bigots and racist are Republicans. which is why I'll never stand with them.
Now I've heard it all. I grew up in a small town in Oklahoma with probably two black people living there. Practically everyone in the town was Republican and treated anyone of a different race with nothing but respect. The people of this town didn't give a whiff about your color; all they cared about was the character of the individual, and it went both ways. Bigots and racists come in all forms, colors, shapes, sizes, and political persuasions. For you to make such a blanket statement shows a lot of ignorance on race relations.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:29 AM

486 posts, read 1,034,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Gimme a break...there are plenty of racists across the board of every political affiliation.
I agree with you, but I think if you're talking of white racists in the U.S., it's safe to say that most, but not all, are Republicans in this day and age. On the other hand, other groups have their racists, and they're probably mostly Democrats. I also think it's safe to say that the vast majority of white Democrats are not racist. Most I know of anyway. Definitely not all Republicans are racist, but I'd bet that there's a percentage that's not negligible.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:47 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,478,235 times
Quote:
Originally posted by muman
I agree with you, but I think if you're talking of white racists in the U.S., it's safe to say that most, but not all, are Republicans in this day and age. On the other hand, other groups have their racists, and they're probably mostly Democrats. I also think it's safe to say that the vast majority of white Democrats are not racist. Most I know of anyway. Definitely not all Republicans are racist, but I'd bet that there's a percentage that's not negligible.
Well, if not Republican, the majority do fall on the right wing of the political spectrum.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:49 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muman View Post

Since most racists will not freely admit that they are racist, we will never know.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:26 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
That is completely false and ignorant. It is racist and provincial. Funny how these closed minded libs, who have never lived anywhere outside of large urban centers and do not read, condemn conservatives for being close minded, when in fact the libs are the provincial, closed minded, urban "bumpkins" who cannot deal with individuals, so they must rely on stereotypes- the convenient refuge of the uneducated. When you grow up, read, and see how people actually deal with one another in real life, you may stop drinking the liberal kool-aid and think for yourself. Digesting propaganda is alot easier- you don't have to think.

Anyone who was not a liberal when they were young has no heart. Anyone who is not a conservative when they are older has no brain.
You lost your way when you took the hypocritical path. Generalization and stating what you believe is fact without any conclusive proof is almost as bad as what the OP started in his post

Old 08-08-2009, 10:33 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Clearly a troll, nothing to add to the conversation, just a freaking, ignorant troll.

Where was the racism and sexism coming from during the last presidential election? From the democrats, their candidates, their campaign staff members, the DNC and elected democratic politicians themselves, none from elected republicans, their campaigns or the RNC.

But then, you are apparently blind, deaf and dumb to any of that truth.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:44 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:

My, my the party of Robert Byrd are the true racists!

washingtonpost.com

The civil rights act of 1964 was passed because of the Republicans.

"The House of Representatives debated the bill for nine days and rejected nearly one hundred amendments designed to weaken the bill before passing H.R .7152 on February 10, 1964. Of the 420 members who voted, 290 supported the civil rights bill and 130 opposed it. Republicans favored the bill 138 to 34; Democrats supported it 152-96. It is interesting to note that Democrats from northern states voted overwhelmingly for the bill, 141 to 4, while Democrats from southern states voted overwhelmingly against the bill, 92 to 11. A bipartisan coalition of Republicans and northern Democrats was the key to the bill's success. This same arrangement would prove crucial later to the Senate's approval of the bill."

CongressLink: [Congress: The Basics - Lawmaking] Civil Rights: Major Features of the Civil Rights Act of 1964

Educate yourself do not be a tool of the left wing racists. Who only approve of minorities who share thetr views. See how vile they are when a minority doesn't follow them in lock step. Miguel Estrada, Clarence Thomas etc. Open year mind and your eyes.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:46 AM

486 posts, read 1,034,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
My, my the party of Robert Byrd are the true racists!

washingtonpost.com

The civil rights act of 1964 was passed because of the Republicans.

"The House of Representatives debated the bill for nine days and rejected nearly one hundred amendments designed to weaken the bill before passing H.R .7152 on February 10, 1964. Of the 420 members who voted, 290 supported the civil rights bill and 130 opposed it. Republicans favored the bill 138 to 34; Democrats supported it 152-96. It is interesting to note that Democrats from northern states voted overwhelmingly for the bill, 141 to 4, while Democrats from southern states voted overwhelmingly against the bill, 92 to 11. A bipartisan coalition of Republicans and northern Democrats was the key to the bill's success. This same arrangement would prove crucial later to the Senate's approval of the bill."

CongressLink: [Congress: The Basics - Lawmaking] Civil Rights: Major Features of the Civil Rights Act of 1964

Educate yourself do not be a tool of the left wing racists. Who only approve of minorities who share thetr views. See how vile they are when a minority doesn't follow them in lock step. Miguel Estrada, Clarence Thomas etc. Open year mind and your eyes.
Uh, did you miss out on the Republican 'Southern Strategy' and the last, say 40 years or so of American politics?

Old 08-08-2009, 10:49 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muman View Post
Uh, did you miss out on the Republican 'Southern Strategy' and the last, say 40 years or so of American politics?

Are you suggesting that southerners of today are the same as 45 years ago? You are truly enightened!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies