Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Am I a racist?
Yes, and I agree with your statements about race. 10 4.44%
Yes, and I disagree with your statements about race. 100 44.44%
No, I wouldn't call you a racist, but I agree with your statements about race. 72 32.00%
No, I wouldn't call you a racist. I also disagree with your statements about race. 43 19.11%
Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 09:50 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times

Advertisements

I believe there are differences between the races. For example, I believe that, on average, Asians are more intelligent than Whites, Whites are more intelligent than Latinos, and Latinos are more intelligent than Blacks.

With that said, I don't believe that any one race is superior to others in all areas. For example, I believe that Blacks are more athletic than Whites, on average.

I'm in favor of treating everyone equally under the law. I just think it's foolish to try to pretend that there aren't differences between groups of people who evolved in very different environments over many thousands of years.

So, would you define me as a racist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 10:00 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
No I would identify you as a realist.

i don't care what anyone says but blacks kick butt on the dance floor!

Old 08-08-2009, 10:00 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I believe there are differences between the races. For example, I believe that, on average, Asians are more intelligent than Whites, Whites are more intelligent than Latinos, and Latinos are more intelligent than Blacks.

With that said, I don't believe that any one race is superior to others in all areas. For example, I believe that Blacks are more athletic than Whites, on average.

I'm in favor of treating everyone equally under the law. I just think it's foolish to try to pretend that there aren't differences between groups of people who evolved in very different environments over many thousands of years.

So, would you define me as a racist?

Nope I agree there are differences in races just as I think there are differences in the sexes. I think Indian and Asians are more intelligence then any other group especially in math and sciences. I think woman are better at multi-tasking then men. I don't think it is raciest at all.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:05 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
Nope I agree there are differences in races just as I think there are differences in the sexes. I think Indian and Asians are more intelligence then any other group especially in math and sciences. I think woman are better at multi-tasking then men. I don't think it is raciest at all.
My thoughts as well. There are simply differences, regardless of what the PC police say.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:08 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Something about the IQ stuff - those are only averages. And the averages only differ by a few points.

There are Hispanic and black people who are far, far smarter than almost every white person/Asian person. There are white people who are far, far smarter than almost every Asian person.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:12 PM

507 posts, read 678,355 times
Well I guess I need to go back to my remedial class and pick up the basketball after school. It's my only hope since it's the only area where my race is superior.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:17 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Something about the IQ stuff - those are only averages. And the averages only differ by a few points.
Yes, they are averages, but the averages differ by more than a few points - particular between Whites/Asians and Blacks/Others. This is a map of average IQs of indigenous populations around the world, according to Richard Lynn, author of Race Differences in Intelligence:

File:AverageIQ-Map-World.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Keep in mind that the map shows the indigenous populations, not the populations are they are today.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:23 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,998,346 times
Fred Astaire was one heck of a dancer.

Ben Banneker and George Carver were incredibly intelligent black men.

Sonia Sotomayor, whether you agree with her or not, is one accomplished latina.

And the list goes on.

But the jist of what you ask is more an inquiry into what is in the eye of the beholder. What is "intelligence"? What is great dancing?

To deny all generalities would be saintly, to act on generalities consistently without exception is racist. I don't personally know too many too many saints.

And then we get to another matter. Is it appropriate to insist that a child become something that he/she is not capable of being? I sure would have liked to be a highly paid NBA player....darn it...

Old 08-08-2009, 10:26 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th Street View Post
Well I guess I need to go back to my remedial class and pick up the basketball after school. It's my only hope since it's the only area where my race is superior.
The only area? How about football and some of the others? Actually I am glad that you posted because I don't think that blacks would be so much better in this country if they didn't have to use that as their way out of the ghettos for so long. Too many are making so much headway in all other kinds of white collar life today to think like that. Don't let people hold you back because they see you like you said.

I know you weren't serious about that but don't ever give in.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:28 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,998,346 times
And additionally, there are things that each gender does better, in general terms.

A certain woman construction worker can outwork the average man. Just as certain male nurses are much more productive than average females. But these are simple generalities.

Every woman contruction worker and every male nurse should have an "opportunity" to work without obstruction. But just because a man wants to be a nurse (or a woman wants to be a construction worker) does not mean that he/she has a right to such an occupation when, as an individual, they are not cut out for the job. Nor should the standards be changed just because of the person's gender.

I think it's high time that we celebrate the differences instead of being stooged headed and forcing square pegs in round holes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies