Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 04:09 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,055,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Hey ... if we did that, there wouldn't be any neocons or liberals left in the entire nation ... how much fun do you think we would have once we got rid of the ones we love to make fun of ... hmmm? ..
Kind of sad to think that you are right, who would really be left to vote?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 04:10 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
But the average of all polls is still 53% approve, 42% disapprove.

Pollster.com - Political Surveys and Election Polls, Trends, Charts and Analysis

That's because old polls with higher approval ratings are averaged in with the most recent polls that show BO slipping. Your numbers are out of date.

Old 08-09-2009, 04:11 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
But the average of all polls is still 53% approve, 42% disapprove.

Pollster.com - Political Surveys and Election Polls, Trends, Charts and Analysis
Not much to write home about and lower than Bush at the same time even after a disputed election. Not a good sign for him.

Historical*Bush*Approval*Ratings

Old 08-09-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by checking out View Post
Frankly my thought is that being POTUS is not a popularity contest. It's about taking prudent and responsible action which often is not popular because many today seek nothing but a hand out.

But this guy is famous for handouts and losing his popularity.

Old 08-09-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majordomo View Post
I think Obama's numbers would look much better if he had given the legislators more time to draft a real stimulus bill. I know many people that have lost their jobs and businesses. Obama shouldn't have started pushing for healthcare reform until he fixed the economy. Having food on the table and money to pay your bills is more important than healthcare reform. Obama needs to stop playing with unemployment numbers and actually do something to help us.

It's not about helping us. It's about the next election. That's where that money went. That's why the democrats want a second stimulus and a "public option". It's all about squiring your tax dollars away along with every penney they can borrow or print to buy votes in 2010 and 2012. He has never run anything except a campaign, so what would you expect?

Old 08-09-2009, 05:56 PM

7,930 posts, read 9,154,161 times
Quote:
Just curious if you felt the same way about Geo. W. Bush?
Yes, I did. I didn't and still don't have much interest in the polls for someone who has a long way to go before possible re-election.

Unless we go to a Parliamentary system run by the people, a poll indicating no confidence by the populace really is meaningless.

Old 08-09-2009, 06:04 PM

459 posts, read 804,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
It's not about helping us. It's about the next election. That's where that money went. That's why the democrats want a second stimulus and a "public option". It's all about squiring your tax dollars away along with every penney they can borrow or print to buy votes in 2010 and 2012. He has never run anything except a campaign, so what would you expect?

It's like voting for someone who thinks the vice president's job is to rule over the senate Or it's like voting for someone who thinks the way to fix the economy is with a spending freeze Or it's like voting for someone who manipulates their daughter into marrying her boyfriend because it would look bad to for their campaign Or it's like voting for someone who when asked admitted to not knowing alot about the economy Or it's like voting for someone who claims they have foreign ploicy experience because they govern a state across the ocean from Russia HAHAHAHAHAHA I can't wait to see what retard the republicans have run against Obama. It's going to be fun to watch

Old 08-09-2009, 06:06 PM

459 posts, read 804,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
That's because old polls with higher approval ratings are averaged in with the most recent polls that show BO slipping. Your numbers are out of date.

How come I or anybody I know hasn't been polled? I guess we missed their call because we were actually at work instead of sitting at home watching Fox News.

Old 08-09-2009, 06:56 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,415,423 times
Quote:
Frankly my thought is that being POTUS is not a popularity contest. It's about taking prudent and responsible action which often is not popular because many today seek nothing but a hand out.
Then he should be soaring in popularity, so far all he has done is give hand outs, hasn't paid for any yet though.

Old 08-09-2009, 07:21 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What would Obama's approval rating be if just the intelligent people were polled? I am guessing 99%.
Way to slap democrat voters the poor in their face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies