Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 06:24 PM

7,930 posts, read 9,154,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th Street View Post
SEIU is not a fringe group organized over the internet, it is a union that represents over 2 million workers. There is a huge difference.
Yeah, more thugs.........and a FREE OBAMA POSTER
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 06:26 PM

409 posts, read 1,459,390 times
The difference between this is an astroturf organization is that we know who is funding it and what they want to achieve. When a energy company creates and funds an environmental organization to spread their propaganda under the mask of an independent science-based organization then that is a different story. There is no deception here.

Old 08-09-2009, 06:27 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Speaking about the extreme right ....

Old 08-09-2009, 06:29 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
Why do you think I have to prove everything to you? Who are you? and what difference does it make? It is common knowledge that Republicans paid people to protest in the 2000 elections, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH!!!!

I swear it god its like the only news source these people have are Fox News, Rasmussen reports, and city data.

You are funny, just say the first thing that comes to mind and presto chango its a fact! Your new name is now common knowledge guy. Facts are so common that there is nothing to support them!

Last edited by shorebaby; 08-09-2009 at 06:46 PM..

Old 08-09-2009, 06:33 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,414,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
You are funny, just say the first thing that comes to mind and presto chango its a fact! Your new name is now common knowledge guy. Facts are so ciommon that there is nothing to support them!
So I guess you are now reverting to baseless insults because you have nothing of value to say. If you ever do get curious as to what I was talking about, just research the "brooks brothers brigade" and you might actually know what you're talking about next time you try to pick a fight with an enlightened person.

And to the rest of you non ignorant posters, don't fall for this guys trick of having to do a research project on whatever you are saying. No matter what, these people will not listen to a word you say nor even admit they were wrong. Even when you post concrete evidence, such as I have, they just stomp their feet and yell insults and refuse to have a mature, adult conversation. There really is no point in trying to convince these people. Sounds like some other republicans Ive heard about in the news recently...

Old 08-09-2009, 06:41 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
But lets not forget if the RNC hires someone to go and question Democrat leaders in Townhall events they are wrong so very wrong.

But this will be excused and a great idea. Watch

Old 08-09-2009, 06:43 PM

507 posts, read 678,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fopt65 View Post
Yeah, more thugs.........and a FREE OBAMA POSTER
Yes, nursing home workers, hospital employees, janitors, and security officers are all thugs.

Old 08-09-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
So I guess you are now reverting to baseless insults because you have nothing of value to say. If you ever do get curious as to what I was talking about, just research the "brooks brothers brigade" and you might actually know what you're talking about next time you try to pick a fight with an enlightened person.

And to the rest of you non ignorant posters, don't fall for this guys trick of having to do a research project on whatever you are saying. No matter what, these people will not listen to a word you say nor even admit they were wrong. Even when you post concrete evidence, such as I have, they just stomp their feet and yell insults and refuse to have a mature, adult conversation. There really is no point in trying to convince these people. Sounds like some other republicans Ive heard about in the news recently...

Yeah guys just spout off say what ever you like don't bother with those pesky facts.

Old 08-09-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th Street View Post
I do policy work in DC, and I know a lot of people who are field organizers and directors. I believe that if anyone is intentionally disrupting town hall meetings, it is probably fringe groups organized over the internet. Can you imagine if a nationally known organization was caught doing this? It would be a major PR nightmare.

Ever hear of ACORN, they paid field workers to register voters. Some of the field workers promptly made up voters. It's common knowledge!

Old 08-09-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Derf View Post
The difference between this is an astroturf organization is that we know who is funding it and what they want to achieve. When a energy company creates and funds an environmental organization to spread their propaganda under the mask of an independent science-based organization then that is a different story. There is no deception here.

Yes it seems many on the left agrees with you. If the left does it it is not astroturf, even knowing the right doesn't do it accuse them of it anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies