Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I think
the gay guy is just an a-hole. plain and simple. 3 12.00%
he has neurosis and is very immature. 1 4.00%
old fashioned rudeness/bigotry that further ruins the gay liberation movement 4 16.00%
neutral. have no clue. makes no sense to me. 6 24.00%
He has the right to judge others negatively. Leave him be. 4 16.00%
It's not a problem to me. Effeminate men always **** me off. 5 20.00%
other opinions not listed on here but I will discuss it on the forum. 2 8.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 10:48 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,977,964 times

Advertisements

This is a controversial topic that sometimes occurs within the gay community. What are your opinions of Gays who discriminate against gays for being too effeminate?

I believe gay on gay discrimination/unfair treatment of any kind is a way for an oppressed homosexual to feel unoppressed and make up for whatever inferiority complex (most realistically feeling inferior about his masculinity). I read some research article recently about gay men feeling inferior about their masculinity because of their gayness. Therefore going to the extreme of displaying perceived heterosexism (smoking, drinking, using people for sex, not caring too much about appearance, using women as means to cover up their gayness, etc.)

Last edited by artsyguy; 08-06-2009 at 11:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 10:55 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,923,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
This is a controversial topic that sometimes occurs within the gay community. What are your opinions of Gays who discriminate against gays for being too effeminate?
how are they discriminating??? like not hiring you for a job? or not going out on a date with you? because the two issues are completely different...

Old 08-06-2009, 10:58 PM

In general. It can be whatever hypothetical situation(s) you can think of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
how are they discriminating??? like not hiring you for a job? or not going out on a date with you? because the two issues are completely different...

Old 08-06-2009, 10:58 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,615,606 times
internalized homophobia.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:30 PM

Any more comments?

Old 08-07-2009, 01:46 AM

689 posts, read 743,619 times
Quote:

I believe gay on gay discrimination/unfair treatment of any kind is a way for an oppressed homosexual to feel unoppressed and make up for whatever inferiority complex (most realistically feeling inferior about his masculinity). I read some research article recently about gay men feeling inferior about their masculinity because of their gayness. Therefore going to the extreme of displaying perceived heterosexism (smoking, drinking, using people for sex, not caring too much about appearance, using women as means to cover up their gayness, etc.)
I get being effeminate (no bigs). What I don't get is being more effeminate than any female I have ever seen. I don't know any females who act as effeminate as some gay men. This really has nothing to do with this other than an observation...Maybe some gay men are finding this odd too. Maybe they are overcompensating for the men who are more woman (acting) than any other woman on the face of the Earth. Besides...are there gay rules out there or something? Maybe they were born redneck gay. I think the gay guys who act more girly than girls are overcompensating too. It's like...dude...you're gay, I get it.
I don't see being mean to them though (from gay or straight people). I find it really odd that gay guys are picking on gay guys now though.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:38 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,230,174 times
If you're not talking about legal types of discrimination isn't this a topic better suited for the relationship forum?

Old 08-07-2009, 12:26 PM

That is the point of the thread. Why be mean? That is just not right.

To moderator: Can you move this thread to relationships?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTD2.0 View Post
I don't see being mean to them though (from gay or straight people). I find it really odd that gay guys are picking on gay guys now though.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:39 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,150,110 times
Quote:
That is the point of the thread. Why be mean? That is just not right.

To moderator: Can you move this thread to relationships?
LOL.... "Why be mean? That is just not right" on a thread about being too effiminate. Why am I not surprised?

Thanks for the chuckle!

Old 08-07-2009, 12:41 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,673,593 times
some people are jerks. they feel that others give them a bad name. thats silly.

i think people should just be themselves. if you are a guy that likes sports be that. if you are a guy that likes fashion be that too. that should not have anything to do with being a gay or an un-gay.

just be yourself and if people dont like you for being a super gay, then thats their issue. a BIG issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies