Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 12:57 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,214,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Not necessarily. The issue of expectation of privacy with emails is the subject of lots of legal challenges right now. We will have to wait to see what the courts say - not you.
Apologies for being off-topic, however, since you brought this up, can you give us the names of some of those legal challenges? I am wonder why then so many emails are listed in discovery demands and used in hearings and trials if the "expectation of privacy with emails" is an issue?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 01:01 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,943,425 times
I love it when Barry agrees with me:

Q: This legislation is going to cost more than a trillion dollars: how can we afford that?

A: The majority of the initiatives that would pay for reform will come from cutting waste, fraud, and abuse within existing government health programs; ending big subsidies to insurance companies; and increasing efficiency with such steps as coordinating care and streamlining paperwork. ...

They can't control waste, fraud and abuse in what they have - and they want us to believe they can handle a bigger piece of the pie?!

Old 08-10-2009, 01:02 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,147,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Nope, that goes back to my first post which you called a non-sequitur. They have trillions of dollars at their disposal to identify what they think are lies or "fishy" yet they wanted information forwarded to them.
And I replied to you, "They were being inclusive."

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
No I don't believe in running to mommy and daddy with things I identify as lies I attack them with the truth. I know many of the proponents of Obamacare need to be told what to believe because they can't think for themselves.
>sits back and waits for the results of your attacks on the lies<

Old 08-10-2009, 01:03 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
What is up with you liberals petty and childish little endings to your posts? This is like the 4th time today that somebody has added a snide little remark at the end of their post. Does this make you feel superior? Does it make you feel that you won the debate? Do you think that trying to belittle me will somehow discourage me from providing facts that you can't and won't debate?
What's with you Obama opponents that makes you think everyone who disagrees with you is a liberal? Black-and-white much? Stereotype much? I'm not a liberal. Far from it.

The "pettiness" comes from seeing tired old excuses over and over and over again. Do you think screaming "Constitution!" makes you superior? Do you think it scores points in the debate? Do you think you are a constitutional lawyer?

Quote:
If you want to debate with me, do so in a manner which warrants even an ounce of respect.
Sorry, but I'm not going to obey this request.
Quote:
Otherwise, don't respond to my posts. I don't have time to debate with people who act like their 12.
Don't have time? LMAO! What, pray tell, are you doing here? Shouldn't you be out presenting cases to the Supreme Court?

(Clue: If what you claim were actually unconstitutional, someone would have challenged those laws by now. Comprendes?)

Old 08-10-2009, 01:05 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,748,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
And I replied to you, "They were being inclusive."

>sits back and waits for the results of your attacks on the lies<
Inclusive? They call people voicing their concerns at townhall meetings as un-American. Interesting definition of inclusive. This is another debunking of a lie.

I have attacked the lies time and again and will continue to do so, as are many other folks. Hence the desperation on the left as UHC circles the drain.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:07 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
If you've tuned into the news in the past few days, it's clear that the debate about health insurance reform has heated up as Senators and Representatives return to their home states and districts. A troubling trend has also emerged: as more people become engaged in the issue, defenders of the status quo have responded by muddying the waters with more wild rumors and scare tactics.

It's time for a reality check.

Today the White House is rolling out a new website that focuses on what reform really means for you and your family, debunks some common myths along the way and provides you with online tools and content to share the facts with friends, family and anyone else in your social network.

The White House - Blog Post - Reality Check
This is the site: Get the facts about the stability and security you get from health insurance reform | Health Insurance Reform Reality Check

How sad that the idiot rumors and lies are such a blizzard that they have to do this -- but they had to during the campaign, too.
Who is going to create a web site to protect us from Obamas lies? You Obama supporters appear to be under the impression this man doesnt lie to us. That this web site they created is the truth

Old 08-10-2009, 01:08 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Not necessarily. The issue of expectation of privacy with emails is the subject of lots of legal challenges right now. We will have to wait to see what the courts say - not you.
Links?

I seriously doubt there exists an expectation of privacy with sent e-mails. Take regular mail, for example. If you send me a letter, it becomes my property. You have no expectation of privacy with my property. I suspect e-mail is the same.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:09 PM

2,229 posts, read 1,686,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
What does your link to the article in the New York Times about the costs of Medicare going up BECAUSE OF THE RECESSION have to do with "overhead costs" of the program?

How does that article explain anything about a comparison between overhead costs of the private insurance industry and Medicare, "carl"?
I suppose I could find a better link to validate the fact that medicare has been in financial disrepair for some time. Either way, the private healthcare industry saw a boost in profits during the recession while the public option continued its decline.

By the way, my name is Jake.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:09 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,252,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Apologies for being off-topic, however, since you brought this up, can you give us the names of some of those legal challenges? I am wonder why then so many emails are listed in discovery demands and used in hearings and trials if the "expectation of privacy with emails" is an issue?
I'm not suggesting we don't ask for them during discovery. But, if I send you an email - intended for you and then you arbitrarily send them to your cousin Ralphie (for whatever reason) - this is where some of the questions are - does the Sender have an expectation that Cousin Ralphie won't see that e-mail?

As for the case titles - if your interested - go look for them.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:13 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,252,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Clue: If what you claim were actually unconstitutional, someone would have challenged those laws by now. Comprendes?
Not necessarily.

And, the health care bill is totally different.

IMO, we will see litigation if any of the plans are enacted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies