Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: So, How's Obama's "Hope" and "Change" working out for you?
It's not enough change 9 10.71%
It's too much change 6 7.14%
He's leaving my grandchildren only change 34 40.48%
I'm happy I voted for him 20 23.81%
I'm sorry I voted for him. 7 8.33%
He's doing great!! 5 5.95%
other 3 3.57%
not sure 0 0%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 02:09 PM

5,475 posts, read 12,243,147 times

Advertisements

I love how Obama b*tches about the mess left behind when he was the one who wanted the job so badly. For someone who claims he wants to look ahead, he spends way too much time looking behind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 02:15 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
I love how Obama b*tches about the mess left behind when he was the one who wanted the job so badly. For someone who claims he wants to look ahead, he spends way too much time looking behind.
He's not bytching, he's setting the record straight. People are trying to desperately to cast him as the creator of the problems we have. He's trying to fix them and I don't blame him one bit for stating facts..I know, facts get in the way of conservative lies.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:18 PM

989 posts, read 2,498,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Agreed. Economist are now estimating that we will be out of the recession by the end of this quarter versus the early estimates of 2-3 years
Thanks to whats left of the free market.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:32 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,463,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXIronHorse View Post
Thanks to whats left of the free market.

The "free market" FAILED and was about to take us into the next great depression. Propping it up was the only choice we had, just like Bush did. I don't like it either, but given the other option, it would probably be best to quit your bellyaching.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:54 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,650,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Agreed. Economist are now estimating that we will be out of the recession by the end of this quarter versus the early estimates of 2-3 years.

I have also seen many unemployed people I know get jobs in the last few weeks from the stimulus and more hopefull that they will be returning to work soon due to more stimulus money on the way.
Ya know...... some people believe everything their corrupt govt tells them.

Do you realize what you print here we can go back to in your and your govt time spans given and laugh and point at you when things are worse? And they will get much worse...you mark my words. Your text will not go away. You are going to get laughed at.

If you think some how in your wildest dreams that this economic depression is going to turn soon then I have to call you something that wil get me in trouble so I wont.

I beg of you to not believe anything your govt tells you. You know deep down in your heart they are lying. They never told the truth in 200 years. Why would they now?

Stimulas money? Yea right. 90% of that went to give raises to the fat cats who ran those companies to the ground. The banks were given all that money to make loans and stimulate the economy. Instead they used it to buy more banks and give million dollar bonuses to their fat cats. There is no humanly way on earth that can help the economy.

That money should have been given to WE THE PEASANTS. It was ours to begin with and was not theirs to give away without our consent.

Pizz on your govt. Bunch of lying ________!!!

Old 08-10-2009, 02:56 PM

5,475 posts, read 12,243,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
He's not bytching, he's setting the record straight. People are trying to desperately to cast him as the creator of the problems we have. He's trying to fix them and I don't blame him one bit for stating facts..I know, facts get in the way of conservative lies.
He says he's above this pettiness, then it SHOULDN'T matter who is to blame. He keeps reminding people that he wasn't at the scene of the crime and that gets really old.

Old 08-10-2009, 03:07 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,347,398 times
Energy prices assisted greatly in bringing the world's economy to the edge before and prices are now rising again. I'll count my chickens when all the eggs have hatched.

Old 08-10-2009, 03:28 PM

5,765 posts, read 10,998,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Ya know...... some people believe everything their corrupt govt tells them.

I agree, some people do.

I however, use information from reliable sources since I work in financial services and it is my job to read information from trade journals and news sources on a daily basis. None of which, include the government.

Quote:
Do you realize what you print here we can go back to in your and your govt time spans given and laugh and point at you when things are worse? And they will get much worse...you mark my words. Your text will not go away. You are going to get laughed at.

I'm already laughing at the post I am responding to.

Quote:
If you think some how in your wildest dreams that this economic depression is going to turn soon then I have to call you something that wil get me in trouble so I wont. .
It's a good thing we arent in a depression then.

Economies go in cycles. It always has and always will. It will rebound. You can quote me on that.

Quote:
Stimulas money? Yea right. 90% of that went to give raises to the fat cats who ran those companies to the ground. The banks were given all that money to make loans and stimulate the economy. Instead they used it to buy more banks and give million dollar bonuses to their fat cats. There is no humanly way on earth that can help the economy.
Uh, 90% of the stimulus hasnt even been paid out. Actually, 50% of the stimulus money hasnt even been paid out yet.

It's nice of you to pull figures out of your ass though. Good try.

You say I am going to be laughed at?

Do you have a single reliable source to back up anything you have said?

Old 08-10-2009, 04:21 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
He is whining like a little girl

While he forgets that he helped create the mess he whines about

Old 08-10-2009, 05:24 PM

24,401 posts, read 23,053,611 times
Obama's changing hope into despair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies