Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 02:05 PM

608 posts, read 1,346,660 times

Advertisements

I recently had to go to my county government office to pay a bill, and got swept into a town hall meeting. I could hear the anger and yelling from the unemployed and retired people who actually have time to go do this nonsense, and I was watching adults yell at other adults (which by the way my middle schoolers have more sense and know that that is wrong) I thought were are the cops?

Why aren't people being arrested for disturbing the peace, disorderly conduct, etc? These people want democracy, fine, rule of law is paramount in a democracy. Everytime someone yells at the speaker who is trying to talk, arrest them. Set up an arraignment court, right next door, and let them have their day in court. Give them the option of a $500 fine or you go to trial, if you go to trial and lose $2000 fine plus court costs, no jail time. Imagine the narrowing of the budget gap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 02:07 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Yeah another person wanting to take away peoples freedom of speech. People are feed up

Old 08-10-2009, 02:07 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrgy View Post
I recently had to go to my county government office to pay a bill, and got swept into a town hall meeting. I could hear the anger and yelling from the unemployed and retired people who actually have time to go do this nonsense, and I was watching adults yell at other adults (which by the way my middle schoolers have more sense and know that that is wrong) I thought were are the cops?

Why aren't people being arrested for disturbing the peace, disorderly conduct, etc? These people want democracy, fine, rule of law is paramount in a democracy. Everytime someone yells at the speaker who is trying to talk, arrest them. Set up an arraignment court, right next door, and let them have their day in court. Give them the option of a $500 fine or you go to trial, if you go to trial and lose $2000 fine plus court costs, no jail time. Imagine the narrowing of the budget gap.
Ladies and gentlemen here is the lefts idea of free speech!

Old 08-10-2009, 02:09 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrgy View Post
They're old white people in public not old black professors in their own homes.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:11 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,971,196 times
Each town can enact a law if it wishes. If you do it at the federal level, you're 110% a tyrant.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:12 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I've been to some heated city council meetings and seen people scream at each other in the parking lot over housing paint colors. But where people get the most hysterical are school board meetings. You would think that they were sentencing people to death instead of deciding whether to build a school or fund a program.

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
knew that was coming

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:

Nice, make it about race. If that is what you like. The only violence committed during these townhalls was by the left. As a matter of fact a white SEIU member was arrested for beating a black town hall participant.

5,165 posts, read 6,052,792 times
Quote:
It does not get more naive, ignorant and intolerant then this post. You out do your self every time you touch the keyboard. Good Work

Old 08-10-2009, 02:14 PM

608 posts, read 1,346,660 times
Rule of order has NOTHING to do with free speech. Speech by definition involves two or more people having dialogue or a conversation, not 100 people yelling at once at each other. Thats not speech....thats NOISE.

Go reread your constitution...Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech. No one is abridging your right to have your point heard, but if you can't do it in an orderly fashion your now disrupting the peace. Dont just throw terms around and think that you actually know something, and dont act all superior like the left is trying to take your rights away. I am a card caring member of the republican party and my family has been all the way back to Lincoln, I have met every republican president since Nixon, and am a big contributor to the party. I have been to the Eisenhower library more times than I can remember. But our party is turning into what the left side wants us to look like, again just shooting ourselves in the foot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies