Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 02:51 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,123 times

Advertisements

Backpedal much?

Quote:
Despite Sarah Palin's suggestion that President Obama's health care plan will institute "death panels" to evaluate elderly and disabled citizens — a claim that was quickly debunked — her latest message to the public is a bit more conciliatory.

Posting once again on her Facebook page – the former Alaska governor's recent soapbox of choice — Palin on Sunday called on critics of the health care plan to turn down the volume.
CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time - Blogs from CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 02:54 PM

5,476 posts, read 12,244,635 times
You know, Palin just needs to shut her trap. The more she talks, the stupider she sounds. She brings up language like "Obama's death board" or whatever and then spouts this off. I'm not a supporter of the Obamacare bill, but I'm just getting annoyed with Palin. She is flighty and unpredicatable and doesn't seem to be ruled by much logic. I liked the energy she initially injected into the GOP but I think now, she just needs to go away because she is not the voice of most reasonable people.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:03 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,737,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
She has a way of stirring up the mob mentality, then retreating once things get violent.

I wonder if someone may have mentioned to her that the resulting violence is escalating to what could qualify as domestic terrorism.

Quoted from the USA Patriot Act, Title VIII:

(5) the term “domestic terrorism” means activities that—
(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;
(B) appear to be intended—
(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:19 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,754 times

YouTube - Sybil (1976 - Part 6)

Old 08-10-2009, 04:49 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
I think the protestors at town hall meetings should bring along their guns and make sure the guns are visible, such as in hip holsters. As a matter of fact I think everybody should wear hip holsters with guns in them. This is America!

Old 08-10-2009, 09:37 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,123 times
Keith Olbermann ripped Sarah Palin a new one in his Special Comment tonight, based on the fact that she intentionally incited fear and anger with her ridiculous comments the other day, and then backpedaled today, when she presumably realized that her prior comments were inaccurate and over the top.

Quote:
Madam, you are a clear and present danger to the safety and security of this nation. Whether the 'death panel' is something you dreamed, or something you dreamed-up, whether it is the product of a low intellect and a fevered imagination, or the product of a high intelligence and a sober ability to exploit people, you should be ashamed of yourself for having introduced it into the public discourse, and it should debar you, for all time, from any position of responsibility or trust in the governance of this nation or any of its states or municipalities.
Countdown with Keith OlbermannCountdown with Keith Olbermann

Old 08-10-2009, 10:54 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,880,923 times
I want to see those "death panels" that she's talking about. I'm sure that she has an inside track on some of the healthcare issues. Maybe she was confusing the BlackWater/Xe group with death panels?

Old 08-10-2009, 10:57 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,465,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Typical right wing double talk.

Also: Keep away from my family! They are only to be exploited by me, Sarah Palin.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:57 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,828,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
She has a way of stirring up the mob mentality, then retreating once things get violent.
I think she gets upset when her audience tries to steal her thunder. She wants a monopoly on crazy.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:58 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,465,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
I think she gets upset when her audience tries to steal her thunder. She wants a monopoly on crazy.
haha, she's got a LOT of competition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies