Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 12:38 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,971,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Did you stamp your foot when you said that?
No, just ending the discussion.

Quote:
You can declare your misinformed position to be right all you want, but you're still wrong.
Suuuuuuuuuure.

Quote:
"Uncle Tom" is a hit on character, not race and is therefore not racist.
You are entitled to your opinion. You are NOT entitled to your own fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 12:39 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I'll take that one. Stay in school, get an education, be able to put a proper sentence together, work in the white man's world where he can better himself with hard work - it all starts with the education.
Oh yes, that describes all the white people I know.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:41 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I'll take that one. Stay in school, get an education, be able to put a proper sentence together, work in the white man's world where he can better himself with hard work - it all starts with the education.
You mean like the white folks who sit in their rocking chairs on the front porch with shotgun in hand.....yep us white folks have a real good edumaction alright, get your racist ass from in front of that computer screen and do something useful with your life.....sheesh

Old 08-11-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
You are entitled to your opinion. You are NOT entitled to your own fact.
My opinion has nothing to do with it beyond that my opinion is based on fact.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
My opinion has nothing to do with it beyond that my opinion is based on fact.
A fact is 3 feet = 1 yard.

An opinion is something YOU HOLD suggesting the term "Uncle Tom" is not racist. You enjoy playing in your own sandbox, but don't expect others to play in it as well.

My OPINION is that you stating this is somehow a fact makes you more of a racist.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
A fact is 3 feet = 1 yard.

An opinion is something YOU HOLD suggesting the term "Uncle Tom" is not racist. You enjoy playing in your own sandbox, but don't expect others to play in it as well.

My OPINION is that you stating this is somehow a fact makes you more of a racist.
Now wait....now wait....how did I become a racist? Are you actually suggesting that I'm a racist simply because I know the meaning and origin of the term "Uncle Tom"?

Old 08-11-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Now wait....now wait....how did I become a racist? Are you actually suggesting that I'm a racist simply because I know the meaning and origin of the term "Uncle Tom"?
If you don't know by now why I and others believe you're a racist (and an even bigger one for trying to elevate your opinion to a fact), you should read back in the thread.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:08 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

YouTube - Union Thugs Beat Up Innocent Civilian -- Or Did They?

Old 08-11-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
If you don't know by now why I and others believe you're a racist (and an even bigger one for trying to elevate your opinion to a fact), you should read back in the thread.
The best I can tell is that you thnk I'm a racist simply because I know the meaning and origin of the term "Uncle Tom". With that logic, does that mean people who don't know those things aren't racist.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:13 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Did you stamp your foot when you said that?

You can declare your misinformed position to be right all you want, but you're still wrong.

"Uncle Tom" is a hit on character, not race and is therefore not racist.
So what exactly makes a person an "uncle Tom"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies