Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 08:58 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Ok so this is just your take on the events. And your take on the event is worth what to the rest of us?
Do you not know how direct quotes work? Forget any characterization, if you like, but the quotes speak for themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 09:00 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Do you not know how direct quotes work?
I know how the direct quotes work but you are not supposed to post quotes without a link. Just trying to help.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:02 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
One thing for sure is you can tell Specter used to be a Republican. Unlike the Democrats who ran like little girls and canceled their town halls, he had his.

Ignoring the stupid left wingers trying desperatley to discredit the concerned citizens, there were great questions asked and if he can be trusted and believed even Spector cannot support hussein obama's health care bill.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:03 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Ok so this is just your take on the events. And your take on the event is worth what to the rest of us?
Zero, of course. You can never, ever trust their interpretation of an event.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:04 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
I sat and watched it too.
Sure, ignore all the good questions and concentrate on the guy that was just ranting and raving....but that was because he was told he could speak and found out he wouldn't have a chance.
One thing A Specter stated is that he would not vote for any plan that gave illegals health coverage.
It's about the only definite thing he did say.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
I know how the direct quotes work but you are not supposed to post quotes without a link. Just trying to help.
Can you point that out to me in the TOS? And, in case you hadn't noticed, you can count on people trying to keep you honest in this forum, so posting made-up quotes about an actual event that was taped isn't really a smart move.

Oh, but here is an OP that could use your help, as there is no link and no direct quotes. //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...can-child.html

But that thread doesn't bother you, now does it. I wonder why.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Zero, of course. You can never, ever trust their interpretation of an event.
*LOL* Sometimes the author of a post makes all the difference in the meaning of the post. Pure irony.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:10 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,084 times
Quote:
This is what a guy, handing to Arlen Spector what I assume to me a menu, said to Specter as he began his question about the health care bill at a townhall this morning. Of course, there was no question, no dialogue, just some big middle-age guy getting in the face of Specter.

This stuff is pure moronic theater, except for the occasional relief by an intelligent question.

Oh, now there is a vet talking about how he wants Specter to go back to D.C.to declare that he is an American first and to tell Obama that Obama is an American. When Specter said, "Obama is an American," there were all these boos and hisses.

We're definitely running a surplus on stupid in this country.

If anyone else was watching this townhall, what was written on the little pink signs that some people were holding up?
I know, right? Can you believe millions of people voted for a guy who's bumper sticker motto was "hope and change"? Instead of electing someone who actually ran something in his life, they elected a human hallmark card. You hit the nail on the head about the surplus in stupidity. We the sheeple indeed.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:11 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
The whole townhall was televised both on CNN and Fox. I'll certainly put up some links to video once it is available and hope that others will as well.
You'll certainly have to do that for those who have been on another planet for the last few weeks....

They must've missed all the coverage of anti-American repubs disrupting townhall meetings and taking away other's right to free speech....odd how they miss that stuff..

Old 08-11-2009, 09:13 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
I know, right? Can you believe millions of people voted for a guy who's bumper sticker motto was "hope and change"? Instead of electing someone who actually ran something in his life, they elected a human hallmark card. You hit the nail on the head about the surplus in stupidity. We the sheeple indeed.
Wasn't that the Mother of ALL Stupidities?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies