Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 12:30 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
What a lame sport golf is. We are having the Hazeltine PGA here in the metro area and I can't even understand what is so freaking exciting
about it. I would not even call golf a sport because a "sport" usually involves physical activity and excitement.

These stupid fake mostly GOP supporters have the audacity to bring kids to these boring tournaments, most kids do not give a crap about it. 90% of people who claim to be golfers hate the sport and only do it for "status"

Such a fake "sport" that attracts mainly posers and people that have no real income! Golf, a great sport if you are 80 years old and a GOP supporter!
I bet Tiger Woods voted for Obama..

Old 08-11-2009, 12:31 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,050,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Golf is a great sport and probably my favorite. And if you don't think there is any excitement in it, you clearly don't know much about the game.

And no, I'm not 80 years old nor a GOP supporter.
Years ago it was an elitist country club sport/game. Not any longer. It is played in urban areas now and appeals to people of every race, ideology, and social class. The OP is an ignorant angry envious loner who would rather sit in a raft in one of the 10,000 lakes then be challenged.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:33 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Obviously! Golf goes hand in hand with the GOP lifestyle, a lie of a sport
Wow! Another absolute - only the Republicans play Golf!

So, how about all the Democrats that like Golf? Like, let me think now - oh yeah - Barrack Obama!

And, you know all those celebrities that support the Liberal way - MANY of those leftist celebrities play golf too - or, is that wrong?

Some believe Football is stupid. Or Baseball. Or ......

So you don't like Golf - so what? Does that make it bad? It seems that is what you are trying to suggest -

As for the exercise component - I saw some golfers last week, playing here in Arizona (Phoenix area) - temps well over 100 degrees. Walking the course - no cart.

I guess they were all Republicans and they were not getting any exercise either !

Any other foolishness you want to post??

Old 08-11-2009, 12:36 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I love watching GOLF on TV while reading something thrilling like "The Dictionary of Geological Terms". They make for a relaxing afternoon. Even watching teaches you that in GOLF perfection is impossible to obtain because even the very best miss and land in the sand traps. I wonder if the game is a metaphor for something.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:38 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Wow I think we found something the left and right can agree on!!

Old 08-11-2009, 12:44 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,909 times
I usually watch the first 10 minutes of tournament game, fall asleep and wake up a couple hours later to some wooded area on TV and some very polite clapping. It has been happening for the last 20 years

Old 08-11-2009, 12:46 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,513,781 times
Quote:
What a lame sport golf is. We are having the Hazeltine PGA here in the metro area and I can't even understand what is so freaking exciting
about it. I would not even call golf a sport because a "sport" usually involves physical activity and excitement.

These stupid fake mostly GOP supporters have the audacity to bring kids to these boring tournaments, most kids do not give a crap about it. 90% of people who claim to be golfers hate the sport and only do it for "status"

Such a fake "sport" that attracts mainly posers and people that have no real income! Golf, a great sport if you are 80 years old and a GOP supporter!

Now the PGA is a division of the GOP? Wow buddy...get some help.

And its a sport in the sense that you are pitting yourself against other players to see who will win. Not exactly an athletic sport, but its a sport nontheless.

Please get informed before flapping those soup coolers of yours.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:47 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
I usually watch the first 10 minutes of tournament game, fall asleep and wake up a couple hours later to some wooded area on TV and some very polite clapping. It has been happening for the last 20 years
Perhaps you should simply recognize the FACT that, just because YOU don't like the sport - it is NOT sufficent reason for you to completely CONDEMN and demonize the sport - then TRY to turn it into a policital issue as you did - that was silly

Old 08-11-2009, 12:52 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,513,781 times
I'd love to see the OP try to make a shot. I'm sure he'd be shooting chili peppers all day.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:26 PM

5,167 posts, read 11,434,314 times
This topic is in the wrong forum... you can post this in the Sports forum, if you so desire.

forum rules, please read them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies