Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 07:09 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,782,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So why post a damn thing in these forums?

Why not just every post by saying "Anyone who debates PurpleLove08 is wasting their time, because PurpleLove08 is just a mouth piece of propaganda with zero legitimacy and no substance."

BTW - you just made Greatday legitimate in his earlier comment.

//www.city-data.com/forum/10374802-post94.html
I'm having a hard time understanding, "Why not just every post by saying [whatever bull**** nonsese you posted about me]".....

Sure I could dig up all the stuff you wanted me to dig up because it would be pointless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 06:29 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,933,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
An insurance company today can retroactively rescind someone's coverage all because they don't want to cover someone's surgery or a test.
Provide some proof of this statement. I believe it to be hyperbole and exageration, and not a true representation of any health insurance plan.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
The point of this thread is about the possibility of UHC in America...not how the UHC is in Canada. There are threads that talk about the health care system in Canada.
Of course, it was perfectly acceptable for you to point to what you saw as a positive in the Canadian health insurance program. But once the flaws in that system are pointed out, you want to push it off and say Canada's health care is not part of the discussion. It's either part of the discussion or it isn't; you can't make up rules for the conversation and change them to benefit each of your posts.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:36 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,292,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot05 View Post
So my money either goes to a health care provider or the federal govt?

I'm paying for my health care right now, just mine. With UHC, I pay for other people's health care as well. Hm... which one will I choose.
No, if you're paying health insurance, you're already paying for other people's healthcare + you're lining the pockets of quite a few wealthy executives in the process.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:40 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,782,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Provide some proof of this statement. I believe it to be hyperbole and exageration, and not a true representation of any health insurance plan.
Former Members Sue Blue Cross -- latimes.com

Health Net ordered to pay $9 million after canceling cancer patient's policy -- latimes.com

Doctors balk at request for data -- latimes.com

Commentary: Health care outrage goes uncovered - CNN.com

'Rescissions': The neutron bomb of health insurance - Feb. 13, 2007

How Insurance Companies Hurt Policyholders - ABC News

Old 08-23-2009, 06:42 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
Why are people worried about the cost of UHC?

Because when the government's money runs out, we will be left without any other viable healthcare options. The best case scenario in the event of governmental budget cuts would be rationing of health care. The problems we have today are fixable without invoking government-run UHC.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
The chances that God is real are NIL also but we have plenty of threads on that now don't we?
Oh God is very much real despite the attempts of denial that folks like yourself engage in.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:53 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,788,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot05 View Post
So my money either goes to a health care provider or the federal govt?

I'm paying for my health care right now, just mine. With UHC, I pay for other people's health care as well. Hm... which one will I choose.
You're not just paying for your health care! That's ludicrous. Who do you think pays for all the uninsured? The insurance companies? Of course not. You do! It's part of your premiums that have been rising at like 6-8% per year over the past ten years.

Why would you say it goes to the Fed government? The point of the OP was that it would go to actual health care, not profits. As conservatives love to point out, it's not the government's money it's our money. So when you say give it to the government, aren't you saying giving it to us?

Old 08-23-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
You're not just paying for your health care! That's ludicrous. Who do you think pays for all the uninsured? The insurance companies? Of course not. You do! It's part of your premiums that have been rising at like 6-8% per year over the past ten years.

Why would you say it goes to the Fed government? The point of the OP was that it would go to actual health care, not profits. As conservatives love to point out, it's not the government's money it's our money. So when you say give it to the government, aren't you saying giving it to us?
Don't forget to factor in the cost of the pay, benefits, pensions, etc of the bureaucrats that will mismanage (er manage) the UHC program.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:57 PM

Your first link is from 2006. In that case, Blue Cross defended their cancelations, saying that the people they dropped had lied about or misreprested preexisting medical conditions. They settled the suit and agreed to an additional review of all policies they had cancelled. In those reviews, if wilfull misrepresentation by the policy holder was not found, Blue Cross would pay all the medical bills for that person.

I haven't had time to read & research all your links. My research of the first proves the point though. Insurance companies cannot just drop policy holders when they file for payment or when they get sick. Complaints of such actions are investigated and the insurance comnpanies are made to do the right thing. Pointing to an action like this that got settled and saying that it proves that insurance companies can do this is akin to pointing to the number of murders in the US and saying that Americans allow murder. It's simply not true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies