Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2009, 02:25 PM

7 posts, read 8,535 times

Advertisements

OF THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE

Thought for the day

Ask yourself, why, do you vote Democrat or Republican?
Is it do to the influences of family, and Friends, that you grew up with?
Is it because of all the publicity that surrounds their names at election time?

What is it? That gets you to vote, one way or the other? Do you really-- here what they are saying?

When you go to the store, do always buy brand names?
Prescription, and over the counter drugs. Have you ever bought generic brands? If you did, did you find that they did the same job as the brand name? But for less cost.

If so!
If you are willing to take a chance on generic drug, that may or may not work, or possibly harm you, but you still put them in your body, to make you feel better.

So--Why not take a chance, and listen to the guy who is not a brand name, but might have some new ideas, about how to help our country.
Do you not,--vote for him, because he is not running on the Democratic or Republican ticket, or because his name is not being plastered all over your TV, News Paper or magazine?

The two main political parties have the money and influence over our media, they get big discounts on their political adds, they also have all kinds of special interest groups who fill in, the mudslinging for them so that they won’t get their hands dirty.

Don't think for an instant, that when one the special interest groups, adds go's to far, that the political party didn't know about it. It just gives them the excuse that they acted on their Owen,---and,---thous are not our views, we do not run that kind of campaign.

That brings me back to my main talking point. NO MORE INCUMBENTS. Give the other guy a chance.
Send our government a message. Let them know that we do have a voice, and a choice, and minds of our Owen.

NOT!!!! OF THE POLITICIANS, BY THE POLITICIANS, FOR THE POLITICIANS.
Stephen Thomsen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 06:02 PM

83 posts, read 160,715 times
Default Good Point

Americans waste way too much time, and showcase their ignorance, when
they spend time fighting over Obama vs. Bush, or Dem. vs. Rep.

NEWSFLASH PEOPLE: That is not the issue, it's what is happening in this
country under BOTH!!!!!!!! Especially over the past few decades, and
increasing daily!!!!!!!!!

There will always be differences of opinion over certain things, laws, values etc. However, we need to focus on OUR freedoms and OUR future
and the principals this country was founded on!!

Old 08-11-2009, 06:11 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,093,726 times
As an Independent I do not always vote for one particular party but I would NEVER vote for a Democrat because of what they support and the type of people they elect, Palosi, Reid, Frank, Franken, Kennedy, Kerry, hussein obama and a host of others that I find repulsive and they sure as h*ll do not have the best interest of America or Americans in mind.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:00 PM

7 posts, read 8,535 times
OF THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE.

Yes!

It's like I said. WE as Free Americans need to make the Change.

All of our politians sell us the same line of crap, in every election, And most of us fall for it. And in the end nothing really changes.

They all are so deeply indebted to the unions and special interest groups, and to spineless to stand against their Party.

There are only a couple of our Politians that have minds of there owen, the rest just go along with the flow, trying not to make any waves within the party.
If we do not take charge of this they will stay in there for life, handing down the tradition to their sun or daughter. (Thus creating Ruling Family's)

That's were we really get in to trouble, the children are taken by the hand and introduced to all of the lobbyists,----this guy will do this for you,----that guy will give you that.
The lobbyists don't even have to work for it, its handed to them.

Ask yourself-- Why!!--- why do "WE" alowe this, "WE" do have a vote. "WE" need to use our heads at election time.

That brings me back to my main talking point. NO MORE INCUMBENTS. Give the other guy a chance.
Send our government a message. Let them know that we do have a voice, and a choice, and minds of our Owen.

NOT!!!! OF THE POLITICIANS, BY THE POLITICIANS, FOR THE POLITICIANS.
Stephen Thomsen

Old 08-11-2009, 09:11 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,810,681 times
Just wanted to say that I always get the generic, yes, but I have heard some talk suggesting the the drug delivery rate is not to the same standard. But yes, I agree with you, we need to put more emphasis on politics in school, that's the problem. It's all just too much if you don't stay with it and keep up with it, just like sports, if you miss the games you don't really know whats going on, I can watch highlights all day but my husband is always watching the games and listening to it on the radio when he's in the car.....it's time consuming to really know whats going on, there are tons of things I have no clue about, including money, I mean heck I don't know, can the country afford this or that? Yes? No? Uhh ok...that's irrelevant to me know because I can't balnace that kind of budget, sure I can guess just like anybody but who does know this stuff? Keep up with different politicians? It's all just so much, it has to be instilled earlier.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:38 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,398,124 times
I am open to voting third party, though I have not found one I like yet. As it stands I will probably not vote republican in general due to the religious right and warmongering. However, I generally read all of the issues and check up on all of the endorsement before voting. If I see someone I like I may vote for them. I will not however, be persuaded to become part of some ideological movement. Nothing gives me a better laugh then when somebody says "Your a sheep, for not joining our movement" or "Are you happy just being a sheep and going with the system." I do not do ideological movements nor do I like a lot of quick hasty change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies