Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 10:44 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,490,456 times

Advertisements

Wooldridge - Ethnic Cleansing Of Americans In US Cities

I was on google bored searching about ethnic cleansing, and this is what poped up.

It's an interesting article, and everything stated it's true.

Just wanted to share it with you guys .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 10:51 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,903,605 times
I could see this very same article being written by Sitting Bull or Chief Joseph all of those not so many years ago ..

We've done it to others already .. and now others are doing it to us .. I fail to see the travesty in that ..

There's an old saying;

"What Goes Around .. Comes Around"

Old 08-11-2009, 11:09 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,512,704 times
So were the Irish immigrants "ethnic cleansing" the Anglo Protestants out of the slums of New York in the 1840s? And were the Italian and Jewish immigrants responsible for "ethnically cleansing" the Irish out later on? And likewise did African-Americans "ethnically cleanse" Detroit of whites?

One immigrant group is always replacing another in the urban neighborhoods of America..it's part of the cycle of our capitalist society. As long as there are countries where people see the opportunity of America as a place to make $10 an hour rather than $10 a week, there will be immigrants coming here. While illegal immigration is a major problem in our country, I fail to see how migrant workers trying to make a buck in America can be compared to past governments that strove to eliminate or marginalize ethnic minorities through force.

And by the way the definition of ethnic cleansing is:

"The systematic elimination of an ethnic group or groups from a region or society, as by deportation, forced emigration, or genocide."

Old 08-11-2009, 11:59 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,559,257 times
Jack thanks for that racist article including the ad about Obama. You being from Miami should know better that the city was never purely "white" to begin with. Are you aware that a man named Silus Austin, a black man signed the city's incorporation charter? That hundreds of Bahamians built the city from it's inception? (ever heard of the Goombay Festival to celebrate our Bahamian culture?) That Jews started arriving in the early 1920s just 2 decades after it's founding? Hispanics started to arrive in the 1950s including my own family.Haitians in the 1970s.
Whites as you call them didn't come in droves until after WW2 after thousands of troops returned after the War. Cubans didn't ethnic cleanse anything but you cowards fled after the Mariel boatlift in droves leaving Miami with a Cuban majority. Typical white flight racist BS, there is no ethnic cleansing of US cities but pure abandonment by whites of Detroit & LA & NYC & Miami. Let me hand you a tissue you poor white people! There is always Idaho Jack!

Old 08-12-2009, 01:06 AM

24 posts, read 23,305 times
Frosty Wooldridge is a racist loser hack.

Old 08-12-2009, 04:51 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times
If you'd ever seen REAL ethnic cleansing, you wouldn't make such a silly statement. There literally is NO comparison.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:06 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Seriously?

America is a melting pot. People may look different, we may talk different, we may have different cultures, but we are Americans.

The illegals coming in aren't so many that they are going to take over our country. Also, most illegals that come in just want to work, and thats one hell of a lot more then a lot of idiots who are already in this country.

What this add is really talking about, is how scared a bunch of white people are when someone a little darker moves into their neighborhood. I saw it in my own neighborhood when I was a kid. My grandfathers neighbors moved out, and a black family moved in. Their son and I became best friends, but my grandfather kept telling me, "He is a child of Cain, all blacks are, thats their scar for killing their brother".

Its a wonder I didn't grow up a racist, and sure enough about 5 years later my grandparents and a lot of other white folks in that neighborhood moved away. Its crazy, they were clean, they were nice, they didn't listen to loud offensive music all night, and people were still moving away.

I just don't get it, I'm a child of immigration (Irish), and people thought we were a bunch of dirty lazy folks. However, we made this country better than it was, because we were willing to work. Mexicans are willing to work to. I think they should have to learn English, and pay taxes, but otherwise, let them in. We should open up a Ellis Island type facility along the border, and open it up. When jobs start running low, they'll stop coming over.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:53 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Seriously?

America is a melting pot. People may look different, we may talk different, we may have different cultures, but we are Americans.

The illegals coming in aren't so many that they are going to take over our country. Also, most illegals that come in just want to work, and thats one hell of a lot more then a lot of idiots who are already in this country.

What this add is really talking about, is how scared a bunch of white people are when someone a little darker moves into their neighborhood. I saw it in my own neighborhood when I was a kid. My grandfathers neighbors moved out, and a black family moved in. Their son and I became best friends, but my grandfather kept telling me, "He is a child of Cain, all blacks are, thats their scar for killing their brother".

Its a wonder I didn't grow up a racist, and sure enough about 5 years later my grandparents and a lot of other white folks in that neighborhood moved away. Its crazy, they were clean, they were nice, they didn't listen to loud offensive music all night, and people were still moving away.

I just don't get it, I'm a child of immigration (Irish), and people thought we were a bunch of dirty lazy folks. However, we made this country better than it was, because we were willing to work. Mexicans are willing to work to. I think they should have to learn English, and pay taxes, but otherwise, let them in. We should open up a Ellis Island type facility along the border, and open it up. When jobs start running low, they'll stop coming over.
Most against illegal immigration have nothing against any race wishing to immigrate to the USA. WE do take issue with those individuals who feel that they shouldn't need to do it legally.
WE have a fair and just system in place. Yes it can be a stressful process.
I in fact feel that we need to raise our standards. We produce enough unskilled uneducated workers on our own.
Its not about race its about this entitlment mentality that the USA seems to owe them a free pass.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:58 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Watch Larry Wilmore Senior Black Correspondent segment (starting about 3:30 into the show) will explain it all to you.

Hulu - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart: Tue, Aug 11, 2009 - Watch the full episode now. (http://www.hulu.com/watch/89164/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-tue-aug-11-2009 - broken link)

Old 08-12-2009, 06:11 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Most against illegal immigration have nothing against any race wishing to immigrate to the USA. WE do take issue with those individuals who feel that they shouldn't need to do it legally.
WE have a fair and just system in place. Yes it can be a stressful process.
I in fact feel that we need to raise our standards. We produce enough unskilled uneducated workers on our own.
Its not about race its about this entitlment mentality that the USA seems to owe them a free pass.
Fair and just system?

75% of natural born Americans couldn't pass the naturalization test that immigrants have to pass to get into this country.

I don't think everyone is racist that is against illegal immigration, hell I'm against illegal immigration. I think it should all be legal, and a simpler system put in place. Let them learn English in their first 2 years, and have them paying taxes. There are plenty of jobs that Americans aren't willing to do, that these immigrants are willing to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies