Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 11:44 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times

Advertisements

Democrats? Plural?

I wasn't aware that Ms. Jackson was schizophrenic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Let the excuses come. She works for us , She works for that lady that was asking her a question but instead she thought taking a phone call was more important
Doesn't the person on the phone qualify as one of "us?" Are "we" not allowed to ask questions over the phone?

Old 08-12-2009, 11:58 AM

5,475 posts, read 12,240,734 times
Isn't this the same Yahoo who attended the Michael Jackson memorial and wanted Congress to fast track an MJ postage stamp and to sign a bill to name him a humanitarian? As if we don't have more pressing issues? Figures.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:00 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times
You know, if this represents the entire picture of what happened, I'll stand by my opinion that it was rude.

However, if it turns out that the scenario went something like this:

Rep Lee: Excuse me, I have to take this quick call. Next person, go ahead and ask your question and one of us will answer it for you.

Woman: Goes ahead with her question

Rep Lee: Finishes quick call then responds appropriately to the question asked.

Well, that still wouldn't be polite, exactly, but it would be a very different scenario than how it's portrayed in that edited clip.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:00 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Isn't this the same Yahoo who attended the Michael Jackson memorial and wanted Congress to fast track an MJ postage stamp and to sign a bill to name him a humanitarian? As if we don't have more pressing issues? Figures.
What's that got to do with the topic?

Old 08-12-2009, 12:22 PM

5,475 posts, read 12,240,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
What's that got to do with the topic?
My point being, she needs lessons in developing priorities.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:27 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Though taking the phone call was certainly rude, the woman asking the question has much bigger problems. Having survived cancer, getting divorced, and now needing her own health insurance, it's going to take a miracle for her to get insured.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
My point being, she needs lessons in developing priorities.
How is she supposed to prioritize without answering the phone? What if it were her daughter on the phone and she was hurt in an accident?

Old 08-12-2009, 12:34 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,435,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post

Though taking the phone call was certainly rude, the woman asking the question has much bigger problems. Having survived cancer, getting divorced, and now needing her own health insurance, it's going to take a miracle for her to get insured.
She's a perfect example of people who don't get it. She likes her current health insurance. But she's about to lose it. She's going to have to look for her own coverage, and thinks she doesn't want this reform because it would be government interference. Except that without the government instituting this reform, she's nearly 100% likely not to get insurance from anyone. She's totally screwed, but acting against her own best interest because she's fallen for all the hysteria and lies. It is my fervent hope that we get this legislation passed in time for her to be able to have the choice to even get insurance. Not until this thing passes, will the private insurers be forced to accept her into their policies, or will she have the competitive forces keeping her premiums affordable for her. I suspect she'll be one of the first to change her mind once all is said and done.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:36 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
HER Constituents came to see her. HER constituents are HER BOSSES - She works for the PEOPLE.

Her actions were wrong - were rude - and were unnecessary and uncalled for.

When someone runs for her seat at the next election - this rudeness should be a campaign issue against her.

In other words - HER bosses should fire her butt!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies