Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2009, 08:47 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
So no matter how brilliant, no matter how hard working, no matter how successful minorities or women are you will make yourself feel better about your lack of intellect and your lack of accomplishments by telling yourself that it was "affirmative action" that made "them" Rhodes Scholars, respected surgeons, summa graduates of Harvard, President of the United States...and not you. Well, all I can say is if we women and minorities have a president who represents US in President Obama, you sure had one that truly represented YOU in George Bush.
I don't have to tell myself anything, liberal freaks have already done that. I didn't create the hateful and discriminatory program, you liberal freaks did. I am just throwing your hatred and bigotry back into your face. Maybe if you choke on your own bile and bigotry long enough you will do the right thing and treat everyone as equals. Then there will be no more Affirmative Action Presidents, Governors, Senators, Representatives, and Supreme Court Justices, but not until then.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:48 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
That is precisely what liberal freaks want minorities and women to believe, which is why they created Affirmative Action.

Any true American would be insulted by such an erroneous assumption and demand that Affirmative Action be abolished. Liberal freaks, on the other hand, embrace their bigotry and fully support government instituted discrimination.
Hmmm, let me count how many nonwhite or female presidents has there been since the inception of this country.....(still counting)

Old 08-12-2009, 08:49 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,066 times
Quote:
No, there has not "always been Affirmative Action."

The government instituted discrimination was implemented by federal agencies enforcing the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and two executive orders, which provided that government contractors and educational institutions receiving federal funds to develop discriminatory practices. The Equal Employment Opportunities Act of 1972 set up a commission to enforce government discrimination.

You clearly have no clue whatsoever. Just like the Affirmative Action President.
Oh, so it was purely by merit that everyone in a position of power for most of the United States' existence was a white male. Oh yeah, purely merit. No affirmative action whatsoever. Uh huh.

So why is it that we needed laws that allowed white women, black men, and black women the rights and privileges that your affirmative action allowed white men by nature of their birth?

Poor little white men who propped themselves up by excluding others through the laws of the land because these same men couldn't hack it with real competition. Bunch of limp-*ick losers and their descendants who now whine about catch-up affirmative action for others. PATHETIC!

Last edited by helenejen; 08-12-2009 at 08:58 PM..

Old 08-12-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Not true but did the majority of Blacks voting for him happen because he was qualified or because he was Black?
Did the majority of whites who did not vote for him b/c he was black?

Old 08-12-2009, 08:54 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,581,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I have absolutely nothing in common with these barbarian, ignorant, uneducated trash that are showing up at these townhall meetings. If something happens to Obama, they will be fully responsible. Bunch of neanderthals who are totally unable to cope with reality.
Good for you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
As an aside; If someone does the unthinkable, and shoots Obama .. it would most likely be because of his policies/politics and not his color.
And more than likely you would be okay with that. I can guarantee it won't have anything to do with his policies, hell the fool that would even attempt it probably has is a complete idiot with no real insight on politics and/or policies. He/She would merely be doing it because of the ignorant loud mouth idiots creating a hostile environment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
""""If someone does the unthinkable, and shoots Obama .. it would most likely be because of his policies/politics and not his color.""
Neither. Obama would be the victim NOT the CAUSE.
The CAUSE would be because of the violence instigated by the drooling, gangsters on the right....the illiterate slimebags who post lies, the "Palin's" who have NO qualms about who they may hurt, the followers of Limbaugh and his like who have NOTHING going for them , canNOT use what little brains they have and so, like cavemen and woman, resort to the lowest level...violence.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
I find it pitiful that some, especially here in this thread are trying to make this whole thing look cute and in their own way are justifying the actions.
Pitiful doesn't even begin to describe some of these animals! I say savages because that's exactly what they are beginning to act like

Old 08-12-2009, 08:57 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
That is precisely what liberal freaks want minorities and women to believe, which is why they created Affirmative Action.

Any true American would be insulted by such an erroneous assumption and demand that Affirmative Action be abolished. Liberal freaks, on the other hand, embrace their bigotry and fully support government instituted discrimination.
Yup...and ha ha HA!

But it is a good excuse to abdicate your PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for the lack of success in your life.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
I don't give a damn. He wanted the job, he got it, with all it entails. He's destroying this country. Tell me: why should I care a bit about him?

And BTW: the race card is very old. And that incident in NH was much ado about absolutely nothing.
So what you are saying is that people who take high risk jobs such as police officers and the military who risk their lives daily for the sorry likes of you b/c they "wanted" the job and all that it entails.......you are truely a sorry azz person

Old 08-12-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
There has always been affirmative action. You are just in a rage because you as a white male aren't the object of it anymore. Poor you and all the discrimination that you now have to withstand on a daily basis. Boo-hoo.

You nailed it !!!

Old 08-12-2009, 09:03 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,109,923 times
Quote:
No, there has not "always been Affirmative Action."

The government instituted discrimination was implemented by federal agencies enforcing the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and two executive orders, which provided that government contractors and educational institutions receiving federal funds to develop discriminatory practices. The Equal Employment Opportunities Act of 1972 set up a commission to enforce government discrimination.

You clearly have no clue whatsoever. Just like the Affirmative Action President.
You clearly have no sense of irony. The form AA always took before was through "legacy" admittance to colleges, "old boy network" way of doing business, and getting hired at a place because your dad or your uncle or both worked there and so they hired you. Good grief....THAT is how affirmative action ALWAYS worked for white men in this country. That is WHY there needed to be an Affirmative Action plan for the rest of us. Because of there had NEVER been a black or hispanic parent admitted to a college in the FIRST place then there could be no "legacy" enrollment possibility. And if there was no person of color or woman in the "old boys network" then there was no way for a person of color or woman to get any of the business. And if no black or hispanic dad or uncle and no mother had ever been hired by a company in the first place than there was way to get their foot in the door. If people want to pretend that white men never had a leg up in this society then they've been going through life blindfolded...or they're 12 years old.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Oh, so it was purely by merit that everyone in a position of power for most of the United States' existence was a white male. Oh yeah, purely merit. No affirmative action whatsoever. Uh huh.

So why is it that we needed laws that allowed white women, black men, and black women the rights and privileges that your affirmative action allowed white men by nature of their birth?

Poor little white men who propped themselves up by excluding others through the laws of the land because these same men couldn't hack it with real competition. Bunch of limp-*ick losers and their descendants who now whine about catch-up affirmative action for others. PATHETIC!
I agree ....good one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies