Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 04:14 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,931,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorkdoc View Post
I have a question about Obama ,but I didnt want to start a new thread for it.

Did Obama ever produce a birth certificate? I continue to receive mail at my home to join the fight against him since, as the letter says, he hasnt produced one yet.
Here's a couple of threads to get an update.................................
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...th+certificate

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...th+certificate

Old 08-25-2009, 04:40 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,411,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
What makes you think that is where I get my information?? Your side acts like you got another source and when it boils down it's usually nothing, but CNN & MSNBC watchers. So, don't act like your facts are better then mine.

As a matter of fact you are being lead by a ring in your nose!! If you think this administration has the PEOPLE in mind you have been blinded by the OBAMA SMILE!!!
Funny, when did Centrists become a "side"? Are we Independants now considered the official "Middle" to the Dems "Left" and the Cons "Right"?

Woohoo, we are an official party ideology now!!!

*cartwheels*

Hate to break into your little white-and-black world view fantasy, sparky, but I don't watch the news.

Nor did I even VOTE for Obama.

Ron Paul was my choice, and who I wrote in on my ballot.

Your "Us vs Them" mentality is part of what's wrong with this Nation today.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:50 PM

195 posts, read 427,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel713 View Post
Amid raucous protests on health care, some worry about Obama's safety - Yahoo! Canada News (http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/090811/world/us_obama_death_threats - broken link)

Tue Aug 11, 6:20 PM
By Lee-Anne Goodman, The Canadian Press

WASHINGTON
- Death threats are part of the job for any American president, but Barack Obama has reportedly had more levelled against him than any commander-in-chief in history.

Concerns about his safety are mounting in the midst of a tense summer that has seen mobs of angry demonstrators showing up to protest Obama's health-care reform plans - including a man openly carrying a pistol on Tuesday in New Hampshire, where the president held a town hall meeting on health care.

Moderator cut: please post link and first couple of sentences only/copyright
--------------

More at the link.

This is no surprise to me. There are still a ton of racists in this country that will never accept a black man in office. Honestly I am surprised there hasn't been a known attempt yet. I even heard about pools going around on how long it will be before someone takes him out.

Im surprised that is not at 1 million percent. It sure feels like it.

Last edited by Genonfire; 08-25-2009 at 05:07 PM..

Old 08-25-2009, 04:54 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,445,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genonfire View Post
Im surprised that is not a 1 million percent. It sure feels like it.
Go with your feeling, the OP certainly has. Reality has no place in the life of a liberal.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:09 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,315,918 times
Quote:
Ms Placed Democrat » Why Is ACORN Involved In Health Care Reform? (http://msplaceddemocrat.com/http:/msplaceddemocrat.com/why-is-acorn-involved-in-health-care-reform/ - broken link)

Sorry, you need to take a look at HISTORY and see that you are supporting a GOVERNMENT run America. Wake up before your FREEDOM is gone!!!
You are too late, you are speaking to a decedent of slaves how much trust do you really think that I have for any part of this country run by wealthy lawyers However, since I'm still an American and my ancestors help build this country I will do everything in my power to help get it on the right track! This included spending over half of my life in servitude through the military like my father and like my son is currently doing now. So you non-servingcryingfreedomisbeingtakenaway snivelers can take a long walk on a short pier!

Old 08-27-2009, 08:11 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,315,918 times
Quote:
If you believe this, I have lake front property in Nevada, that I will sale you!!! They are NOTHING but PAWNS for the Democrats!!!
Like those old not-so Swift boat bastards for the repubs

Old 08-27-2009, 08:58 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,304,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
You are too late, you are speaking to a decedent of slaves how much trust do you really think that I have for any part of this country run by wealthy lawyers However, since I'm still an American and my ancestors help build this country I will do everything in my power to help get it on the right track! This included spending over half of my life in servitude through the military like my father and like my son is currently doing now. So you non-servingcryingfreedomisbeingtakenaway snivelers can take a long walk on a short pier!
My, my - another decendent of slaves who thinks she is owed something.

Did you personally feel your decendant's pain of being a slave? Do you know if the decendent was treated like a slave...or just referred to as a slave? Do you think that maybe the slave owner might have treated your decendent more like a member of the family instead of a [so-called] slave? Nope - you don't have a clue do you? But you are SO willing to share with anyone that will listen that you (have been told) are a decendent of slaves. My, my! What do you want that will make you forget the pain of it all?

Old 08-27-2009, 09:09 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,214,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
My, my - another decendent of slaves who thinks she is owed something.

Did you personally feel your decendant's pain of being a slave? Do you know if the decendent was treated like a slave...or just referred to as a slave? Do you think that maybe the slave owner might have treated your decendent more like a member of the family instead of a [so-called] slave? Nope - you don't have a clue do you? But you are SO willing to share with anyone that will listen that you (have been told) are a decendent of slaves. My, my! What do you want that will make you forget the pain of it all?
I have a few questions for you. Do you personally feel your KKK decendant's hatred? Are you a ranking member in the David Duke fan club? Do you post on stormfront? Oh, yes. Do you have a genetic memory of the lynchings of black people and the bombings of churches in the 1960s and 1950s, or are you so old you participated? Just askin'

And, what will make you forget the horrible cultural conditioning to which you have been subjected which causes the clear, hard-edged, rigid, hatred which exposes itself over and over in your posts?

Old 08-27-2009, 09:10 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,229,314 times
Death Threats Against Obama Up 400%

And he's still alive... and vacationing. What's up with that?

Old 08-27-2009, 09:23 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,304,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
I have a few questions for you. Do you personally feel your KKK decendant's hatred? Are you a ranking member in the David Duke fan club? Do you post on stormfront? Oh, yes. Do you have a genetic memory of the lynchings of black people and the bombings of churches in the 1960s and 1950s, or are you so old you participated? Just askin'

And, what will make you forget the horrible cultural conditioning to which you have been subjected which causes the clear, hard-edged, rigid, hatred which exposes itself over and over in your posts?
Don't be obtuse! People like you need to get over slavery. It did not personally affect you. It was a way of life "back then". Yes, it was a terrible thing, but many things happened in our history that were terrible. To use slavery as a reason for not advancing like any other race is simply stupid. We truly are becoming a melting pot of all races, which is a good thing. Yet some people hang onto something that for many, many generations has not affected them personally...except by trying to "use" it as a reason for not advancing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies