Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 04:06 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
No, we would be a BROKE Nation.

How much tax revenue do you really think it would take to keep over 300 million people healthy?

If you think a $900 hammer is bad, wait till you see the price tag for a CAT Scan machine.
Either we pay one way or the other or we all suffer and die of our ailments, right? Or do just some people suffer and die?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 04:17 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Oh? How so?

Didn't vote for the man in the first place, as gov he had ties to fundamentalist organizations and his policies sucked even then. Every one of his questionable, and outright illegal, policies had me campaign writting my representatives and attempting to change the minds of neocons and right-wingers on as many forums as I could post to, particularly that next election cycle.

My taxes, if that's what your attempting as some "gotcha moment" are a civic duty of each and every American citizen. I completed my civic duty to my g'ment, without whining, without pretending to be some internet toughguy and claiming I woudn't pay income taxes, nor did I unpatriotically whine and cry about seccession.

So, you tell me, how did I support Bush43.
I was hoping you picked up on how stupid it was to say I supported Bush when you could not possibly know.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:17 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
The fact that no rightwingers are interested in this topic enough to post here, let alone read the link, says an awful lot.
Rightwinger here.....

I read the link. Yes, there is a problem with getting affordable health care in the US. It certainly can improve. Yes, pre-existing conditions can affect the coverage that you get. I know that from personal experience. Years ago I had a medical problem. It's completely gone, and isn't something that is considered chronic. But there is was. I decided to get healthcare coverage myself, to avoid the problems that employer coverage creates. So I did my homework and SHOPPED AROUND. Yup, took advantage of the great system called "free market". I was turned down twice. But I kept at it, and finally found a VERY affordable plan that lets me use any doctor I choose. It took some work, time and effort - something a lot of people that are screaming "government option" don't want as part of their idea of a perfect system. Our nation of veal calves want everything spoon fed to them, with no effort or financial expense on their part.

I didn't expect anyone to hand the plan to me on a silver platter. I didn't quit after the first rejection. And I expect my coverage to do what it's meant to do: cover my expenses in a medical emergency, so that I don't lose everythng I own. It doesn't cover every little hangnail or cough that happens to me. I have a large deductible, so I pay for those things myself, as it should be. That allows me to keep my costs down, and gives me peace of mind.

And this "right winger" would like you "liberals" a few questions. Questions that nobody on the left wants to answer.

Why are you not mentioning tort reform in any discussion about health care reform?
Why are health savings accounts never mentioned as a option for health care reform?
Why won't you consider a pilot program, in a state or two, to see if a government run plan would work? (Oh wait, there are two, and they are both unbelievable failures.)
Why do you ignore the fact that a very large majority of the "46 million uninsured" are either in this country illegally, or choose to not have health insurance? Why do you ignore the actual number of americans-at-risk is closer to 15 million?

I don't disagree that we need reform. I think there is a segment of the population that needs assistance from the government to pay for their healthcare.

I DO NOT think that the government can run healthcare any more than it can run any other losing agency that it is in charge of. It will increase the debt in this country tenfold. And if you really think that the government run option won't use pre-existing conditions to keep people out of the system, you're delusional.

See you at a town hall......

Old 08-17-2009, 04:23 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,309,332 times
Coverage Denied?

We have the best system in the world, Rush told me so

Coverage Denied?

Did you know that prime ministers and presidents come to the USA for treatment, Glenn told me so

Coverage Denied?

There is nothing wrong with our system!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies