Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the Death Panel Nutters apologize for lying?
Yes, it's shameful 21 77.78%
No, they aren't lying it's real 6 22.22%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 06:55 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,418,340 times

Advertisements

Should these people apologize for LYING about Obama's "Death Panels"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 07:03 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,574,235 times
I think that Georgia Republican Senator Johnny Isakson, who said the following of Palin's "death panel" comment, would probably agree that she should apologize, at least for being "nuts":

"I just had a phone call where someone said Sarah Palin's web site had talked about the House bill having death panels on it where people would be euthanized. How someone could take an end of life directive or a living will as that is nuts."

Ezra Klein - Is the Government Going to Euthanize your Grandmother? An Interview With Sen. Johnny Isakson.

Last edited by helenejen; 08-12-2009 at 07:36 PM..

Old 08-12-2009, 07:06 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,537,716 times
I'm 25, and I've spoken with my doctor about a living will (which I have), power of attorney (which I also have) end of life directive. I did this first when I was 19, and every two years after that since.

I never considered it a 'death panel' and think it's ridiculous that anyone would.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:11 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,936,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
SLCPunk, you should be the one apologizing. We are not lying. You are spinning dem talking points that are simply not true. Here is a story of an Oregon woman who was denied cancer treatment in lieu of an offer for assisted suicide. There is truth in our fear and my link should settle it. There will be rationed care, with rationed care people will be denied health care, like the woman from Oregon.

Last edited by mossomo; 08-12-2009 at 07:15 PM.. Reason: Had to change link, first link was wrong

Old 08-12-2009, 07:14 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,195,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
SLCPunk, you should be the one apologizing. We are not lying. You are spinning dem talking points that are simply not true. Here is a story of an Oregon woman who was denied cancer treatment in lieu of an offer for assisted suicide. There is truth in our fear and my link should settle it. There will be rationed care, with rationed care people will be denied health care, like the woman from Oregon.
Something that happened under Oregon law - which is the only state that allows assisted suicide - somehow proves something to you about a federal law that hasn't been written yet?

Seriously?

You are delusional.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:26 PM

914 posts, read 4,433,467 times
Quote:
If you actually read the article:
Assisted suicide is a "covered benefit".
The cancer treatment she wants is not a covered benefit. (Unfortunately. I think that is crappy.)

They are two separate things. They the cancer treatment is not being denied because they offer assisted suicide. The women simply seemed to find it ironic that they won't pay for her treatment, but they will pay for assisted suicide. While I think it is a problem that the state won't pay for her treatment, so say is she not being treated "in lieu" of assisted suicide is taking it completely out of context.

And I think you should apologize!
(Actually, I don't. Americans have the right to say things like this. I think most are just uninformed. I don't think people should have to apologize for things like this. I do, however, think people should be ridiculed for it. Yay free speech!)

Old 08-12-2009, 07:50 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,894,121 times
They should apologize to every person they made look foolish that believed and spread their lies.

Many of our forum posters should get an apology for the damage to their credibility.
(I'm kidding, the folks who repeated these things likely care nothing about their own credibility)

Old 08-12-2009, 07:59 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,851,690 times
What is the goal of end of life counseling?

Old 08-12-2009, 08:03 PM

1,133 posts, read 708,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
It is real not in the sense of that which is being proposed in any written form, though who knows it may well be because no one is going to read it. They will just pass it and work out the details later. The devil is in the details. So the leftist nuts will spend their lives running from their leftist creators and supporters right from the birth canal till someone knocks them in the head, never catching on, that they are running from themselves. Poor dumb bastards.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:04 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,201,206 times
Quote:

Ooops. Don't look now, but YOU'VE ALREADY GOT RATIONED CARE if you have health care insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies