Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 10:48 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,411,687 times

Advertisements

Isn't withholding medical care from a person who will die without medical care considered passive euthanasia?

Last edited by pommysmommy; 08-12-2009 at 10:50 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 08-12-2009, 10:53 PM

700 posts, read 637,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Isn't withholding medical care from a person who will die without medical care considered passive euthanasia?
Perhaps but how do you propose we end this practice by the insurance companies

Old 08-12-2009, 10:53 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Isn't that what we get from the current health insurance model?

Old 08-12-2009, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5trillion View Post
Perhaps but how do you propose we end this practice by the insurance companies
Insurance companies do not have the power to deny medically necessary care to a covered member. I am not referring to pre existing clauses. I do not support pre existing clauses and the insurance industry needs to step up to the plate on this issue. The proposed legislation will allow a government panel to base care decisions upon a patient's age and expected longevity. This is passive euthanasia.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:00 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,736,702 times
Quote:
Well, let's see.

You and your 20 years of experience...oh, my bad...30 years of experience as a coder/office manager should have already filled you in on that reality.

In cases of terminal illness/end-stage disease, imminent death, and brain death, certainly YOU must have read a chart or two where palliative care was instituted.

Am I right?

In those instances, tell us all how many of the decisions for instituting palliation were directed SOLELY by an insurance company rather than the patient, the patient's legal representative, or the physician(s) working in tandem.

I'm waiting.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:02 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,736,702 times
Quote:
Insurance companies do not have the power to deny medically necessary care to a covered member. I am not referring to pre existing clauses. I do not support pre existing clauses and the insurance industry needs to step up to the plate on this issue. The proposed legislation will allow a government panel to base care decisions upon a patient's age and expected longevity. This is passive euthanasia.
How you can call yourself a healthcare "professional" defies all reason.

Show us all the EXACT quote from the proposed HR bill that states this to be the case.

Do you cherry-pick and misinterpret to this degree in your work?

Old 08-12-2009, 11:03 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,279 times
Quote:
You might be on to something... Maybe you could ask United Health Care the same question...

Old 08-12-2009, 11:05 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,276,662 times
Quote:
"Insurance companies do not have the power to deny medically necessary care to a covered member."

Really? Gosh, that's news to me.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:05 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,066 times
Quote:
Insurance companies do not have the power to deny medically necessary care to a covered member. I am not referring to pre existing clauses. I do not support pre existing clauses and the insurance industry needs to step up to the plate on this issue.
*LOL* Oh, yeah insurance companies just write blank checks and sanction any treatment.

"But instead of having doctors working to remove her brain tumors on the day the surgery was scheduled, she sat in a San Francisco hotel room. Why? Because at the last minute, her insurance company, Blue Shield, decided it wasn't going to pay for the treatment her doctors at UCSF Medical Center had recommended."
http://cbs5.com/local/cancer.treatment.denied.2.1007394.html (broken link)

Quote:
The proposed legislation will allow a government panel to base care decisions upon a patient's age and expected longevity. This is passive euthanasia.
Can you provide the language from the health care bill, the actual health care bill, where this is stated.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:08 PM

How typical of the left, when you can't attack the message you attack the messenger. I am honored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies