Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2009, 09:38 PM

218 posts, read 468,548 times

Advertisements

I guess you are trying to get out a message. He is OUR president, true. But we are your fellow AMERICANS. look how you think of the people who don't think like you. No wonder there is so much hate.I guess when you start having respect for all people. they might start having some respect for others. So cool down the hate speach. PLEASE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryB View Post
He's your President, like it or not. So if you believe in this country so much & being a democracy, then you have to take the good with the bad. He's our guy, like it or not. But you should never wish death on him. Thats messed up.

I love how some of the conservotards scream about patriotism & then pull crap like this. Just what exactly do you guys believe in??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 09:38 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,675,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Now the truth comes out. It's not a discussion of the pros and cons of this plan; it's "get rid of it and its supporters".
Searching for truth on the internet is as bad of an idea as searching for love on the internet is. But to each their own.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:42 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorasbox View Post
I guess you are trying to get out a message. He is OUR president, true. But we are your fellow AMERICANS. look how you think of the people who don't think like you. No wonder there is so much hate.I guess when you start having respect for all people. they might start having some respect for others. So cool down the hate speach. PLEASE
Who is "we"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
Searching for truth on the internet is as bad of an idea as searching for love on the internet is. But to each their own.
Quit being condescending. I was referring to the person I quoted. She finally admitted she doesn't want to discuss the merits of the plan, she just wants to get rid of it, and its authors. These "death panels", rationing, etc, are all just red herrings.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:43 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
I could support Obama's plan if he would say that no one with insurance would be affected in any way, and that all the costs of the government plan would be borne by the uninsured who would be forced to pay $2000 or whatever it required every year for their new government plan plus face the same kinds of copays and deductibles that insured face.

What people fear is that the currently uninsured really don't plan on paying anything but having those who already have insurance to pay double or be forced to lose their current plan and forced into something they don't want.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:45 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,675,343 times
Quote:
Who is "we"?
My guess is that the poster you refer to has a mouse in his or her pocket.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I could support Obama's plan if he would say that no one with insurance would be affected in any way, and that all the costs of the government plan would be borne by the uninsured who would be forced to pay $2000 or whatever it required every year for their new government plan plus face the same kinds of copays and deductibles that insured face.

What people fear is that the currently uninsured really don't plan on paying anything but having those who already have insurance to pay double or be forced to lose their current plan and forced into something they don't want.
Obama can't say the above b/c any employer can drop their insurance any time. It could happen with or without the passage of any health reform. The "public option" as I understand it would include deductibles and co-pays just like any other ins. There are many plans with many different payment schemes. Plus, of course there wil be premiums. I don't understand why so many people didn't "get" that in the first place.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:56 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,226 times
Quote:
Now the truth comes out. It's not a discussion of the pros and cons of this plan; it's "get rid of it and its supporters".
True, the majority do not want government involvement in healthcare.
There is no need to debate.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
True, the majority do not want government involvement in healthcare.
There is no need to debate.
Government already pays for about 50% of health care in the US. To say government shouldn't be involved is naive. Also, do you not want the govt. to license health care personnel? Or would you like any old Joe Schmoe to be able to call himself a surgeon and cut off your body parts? Would you prefer that all state sponsored schools of medicine close down, and cease and desist doing reasearch that might help you some day?

Old 08-13-2009, 10:02 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,226 times
stop the lies.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
stop the lies.
Are you calling me a liar?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies