Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 08:14 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,593,793 times

Advertisements

Don't know about you..but I am feeling very stimulated..chills up and down my leg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 08:16 AM

238 posts, read 729,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Bush's fault
Obama inherited this mess
Give it time to work
Stop being racist
GOP is blocking everything
People still like him

Did I cover all the bases?
This is the new religion in America....huh? If you disagree with Obama's policies you're a racist. If I fart in front of a poster with Obama's face on it, I'm a racist. If I want to defend the constitution, I'm a racist... ...What would be next? Would I be asked to wear a white armband with a blue Star of David on it, if I disagree with the health care bill?

Old 08-13-2009, 08:16 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,970,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
I remember when people posting bad news about Iraq were accused of wanting the terrorists to win.

I guess that no longer applies to those always hyping bad news about our economy.
Don't like schadenfreude very much? You have to understand that it's allowable when people have been predicting this. It's our reward for being right

Old 08-13-2009, 08:22 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
I remember when people posting bad news about Iraq were accused of wanting the terrorists to win.

I guess that no longer applies to those always hyping bad news about our economy.
SO in the case of Iraq,were people correct or not?

It would seem you want your cake and to eat it too...

Old 08-13-2009, 08:27 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonas View Post
This is the new religion in America....huh? If you disagree with Obama's policies you're a racist.
Uh...can you point out where on this thread anybody called anybody racist? I can surely call you and Viewfromthebottom race baiters for trying to inject it into the conversation.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:31 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I see you're learning how the world actually works, View! Congratulations.

I worry that the dodos in charge of Congress are holding the money back so the benefits coincide better with their re-election campaigns.

Pretty disgusting if they are. I just don't get why that stimulus money is being withheld. Very frustrating. The whole point is to just give people work until the market recovers and to rebuild infrastructure and such.

At least the economy looks to be on its way up.

No if about it. That's why they want another one. That's why Republicans never trust the government.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:32 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Uh...can you point out where on this thread anybody called anybody racist? I can surely call you and Viewfromthebottom race baiters for trying to inject it into the conversation.
What planet have you been on?

Old 08-13-2009, 08:35 AM

238 posts, read 729,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post

Huh...? This kinda of reminds me of how sports commentators in boxing call the the box a ring, yet it is square......go and play semantics somewhere else.

7,085 posts, read 12,054,512 times
As always people tend to blame Obama when they see something they don't like and cheer Bush when they see something they do like about the economic situation when the action has never been changed. Markets up a good 20% as well, how nice it didn't make it into your really in depth economic analysis there.

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
as Germany and France unexpectedly returned to growth, suggesting Europe’s worst recession since World War II is coming to an end.

Euro-Area Economy Contracted 0.1% in Second Quarter (Update4) - Bloomberg.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies