Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Agree With Obama That His Health Care Plan Should Pay For Illegal Aliens Health Care
yes 3 5.77%
no 47 90.38%
other 2 3.85%
not sure 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 02:22 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Do You Agree With Obama That His Health Care Plan Should Pay For Illegal Aliens Health Care
Nope and Obama agrees with me...

"All non-US citizens, illegal or not, will be provided with free health care services."

Misleading GOP Health Care Claims | The FactCheck Wire (http://wire.factcheck.org/2009/07/23/misleading-gop-health-care-claims/ - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 02:23 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
The problem with this huge bill is that one section may exclude the illegals but then an amendment is burried or added in a footnote at the last minute, much like the stimulous package. There were handwritten notes in pencil that drove this package through the roof. I am hearing an old Who song....Won't get fooled again...in my head.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:26 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
If Obama actually said that, then my answer is 'no'. If he did not, then my answer is moot.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:28 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Nope and Obama agrees with me...

"All non-US citizens, illegal or not, will be provided with free health care services."

Misleading GOP Health Care Claims | The FactCheck Wire (http://wire.factcheck.org/2009/07/23/misleading-gop-health-care-claims/ - broken link)
It does say that, but people are not required to prove citizenship - a huge loophole that I'm sure can be seen by the millions living by loopholes.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:28 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
Obama has stated repeatedly that he does not support illegal immigrants being covered by health care.

Please stop spreading lies and focus on the facts of the debate.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Obama has stated repeatedly that he does not support illegal immigrants being covered by health care.

Please stop spreading lies and focus on the facts of the debate.
You're missing a key fact. They don't have to prove citizenship and a proposal to include that was shot down.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:30 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
While Obama has made claims that illegal aliens will not be covered by his plan, the following line can be found among the 1018 page bill: Sec. 59B, Pg. 170, Line 1 - “Any NONRESIDENT alien is exempt from individual taxes.”

TheHill.com - Healthcare scheme would benefit illegal immigrants
The Democrats’ bill in the House, H.R. 3200, contains gaping loopholes that will allow illegal immigrants to receive taxpayer-funded benefits. And these loopholes are no accident.
As posted by someone with no familiarity with immigration law or alien status, and who gleefully takes a single line from a bill without checking what that line means in context. Good one.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:33 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
You're missing a key fact. They don't have to prove citizenship and a proposal to include that was shot down.
It's still a rough draft, rggr. That provision could make it's way into the bill. I will say this, though, I have a problem with anyone, illegal immigrant or not, being denied life-saving care at an emergency room. Someone who is bleeding to death should have that bleeding staunched. They can be returned to their host country for further medical treatment, but to just allow someone to die, I just couldn't do that.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It's still a rough draft, rggr. That provision could make it's way into the bill. I will say this, though, I have a problem with anyone, illegal immigrant or not, being denied life-saving care at an emergency room. Someone who is bleeding to death should have that bleeding staunched. They can be returned to their host country for further medical treatment, but to just allow someone to die, I just couldn't do that.
If it ends up in the final bill, I would expect that this complaint would be resolved. However, it's not in there now.

Regarding life-saving care, I have no problem with that at all. I think it's inhumane not to do that.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:49 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
How about a pledge...c'mon everybody, pledge with me:

I pledge never to buy food again...some of the people who picked it or canned it were illegal and they get their lousy pay through sales of this food.

I pledge never to have my roof replaced or repaired because some of the workers may be illegal and they get their lousy pay from the repair.

I pledge never to buy anything again because the wealthy who benefit hire illegals to cut their grass, take care of their kids, service their husbands and sons, so by buying anything I'm sharing my money with illegals...

Anyone want to take the pledge ????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies