Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Agree With Obama That His Health Care Plan Should Pay For Illegal Aliens Health Care
yes 3 5.77%
no 47 90.38%
other 2 3.85%
not sure 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 03:43 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,902,360 times

Advertisements

OP, might as well make a poll asking if "we should really kill granny".

Nonsense thread, again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 03:47 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,384,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
It doesn't so why are you lying?

Can't repubs EVER just tell the truth?

Will truth REALLY ruin your lives??

Did Jesus lie this much??
The problem with a BS post like this is the title of thread.
It's flat wrong and misleading yet someone looking at the thread titles will see it and maybe think... "Gee, Obama really wants to do that?"

Old 08-13-2009, 04:00 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,337,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
It does say that, but people are not required to prove citizenship - a huge loophole that I'm sure can be seen by the millions living by loopholes.
It's the hospital that cannot ask about citizenship NOT the government. The government will not enroll known illegals in the program.

Plus, if you're an illegal alien, are you going to contact the government to let them know you are in the country?

Last edited by ozzie679; 08-13-2009 at 04:37 PM..

Old 08-13-2009, 06:49 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,140,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The point - the FACT is, none of the legislation includes coverage(s) for illegals and I don't think that will change - the American people do not want Illegals to be covered by a wide margin."""

Tell that to the idiots who thnk the bill covers illegals ...Why me?

Let me ask YOU a direct question - do you support providing Health Insurance to illegal immigrants?
I support just about anything that makes health care insurance affordable for all Americans....if illegals, rapists, Republicans, the Mafia, Evangelicals and other riff-raff also get cheaper insurance ....

I DON'T CARE.

Dorock99 made a very good point.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:54 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,750,914 times
Is that in any of the 3 bills in mark up? Where?

Old 08-13-2009, 07:04 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,843,081 times
A UHC does not give medical treatment to illegals. Emergency treatment only and then handed over to immigration.
At the moment good hard working Americans are getting no medical treatment if they can't afford it.
Under the present health system in America if American but not wealthy or under a job health scheme ...no treatment for you today..sorry.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:32 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,339,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
America's problem with illegal aliens is caused by GOP backers in the U.S. Chamber of Commerce who lobby for very low funding for enforcing immigration laws, because allowing lots of illegals in the country keeps wage rates low for businesses.
Not to change the topic of the thread but I am sure one of the reasons the GOP and the Dems do little about illegal immigration is they know that communities cannot remain viable if allowed to become old. If your own community (America) is not producing young, immigration (from Mexico) can replace the youth Americans are not producing. This is an ecological concept although you are right that cheap labor is certainly an incentive to many Americans especially as they age and have fixed incomes. In short, the situation is not likely to get better.

But back to the subject at hand. No, I do not think illegals should have free health care but they already do and will likely continue to have it after they are made legal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies