Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2009, 10:46 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,312,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
It is unfortunate that there have been some misconceptions over end-of-life care in the healthcare reform debate, no doubt about it.

However, even though it doesn't appear that there will be anything closely related to "death panels" in the legislation, I still am not convinced that a government faced with skyrocketing healthcare costs via UHC (which will happen, this is not debateable) won't look to trim those costs via those with little to offer the U.S. economy (ie. the elderly). Call it paranoid, or whatever adjective you find suitable, but I simply don't trust government enough to believe everything that is said at face value. Just as Palin will say anything to defeat this legislation, on the opposite end of the spectrum, supporters will say anything to get it passed.
Yes, there have indeed been many misconceptions, including your erroneous assumption that H.R. 3200 does not include "Death Panels." The legislation requires "counseling sessions" for the elderly every 5 years to "address end of life issues."

We have already seen these government "Death Panels" in action, last year in Oregon. When the State run public health care system flat out refused to treat a lady with cancer and suggested she consider government assisted suicide, which the government health care plan would be more than happy to cover.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:48 AM

35,016 posts, read 38,969,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
She wasnt running for President !!!! Do you not understand that..please acknowledge that before I continue...
Oh, God. Had the old man with the cancer history who chose her as his running mate been elected and then died or been incapacitated, who would have been President?

Mrs. Wasilla, who in three solid months never did bother to find out what a Vice President's duties actually are.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:49 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,574,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
um, you dont seem able to distinguish between running for Vice President of the United States and running for Mrs Wasilla.
You do not run for Vice President...people vote for the top of the ticket..hello...knock knock

Old 08-14-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Yes, there have indeed been many misconceptions, including your erroneous assumption that H.R. 3200 does not include "Death Panels." The legislation requires "counseling sessions" for the elderly every 5 years to "address end of life issues."

We have already seen these government "Death Panels" in action, last year in Oregon. When the State run public health care system flat out refused to treat a lady with cancer and suggested she consider government assisted suicide, which the government health care plan would be more than happy to cover.
No, it's advising on end of life issues. It's reading or reciting, handing a brochure, and probably getting a signature on "I, State Your name, have read and understand this information." Sorry to intrude on that fun fantasy.

That woman in Oregon had a -5% chance to live out the year. They did not 'suggest she consider" "govt assisted suicide" in some sinister way. Should the state of Oregon take on all terminally ill patients? Or should she have paid out of pocket for treatment until she reached the 5+% threshold, then gone back to the state plan?

PS - Lol, at what right wing blog did you pick up the buzzphrase "government assisted suicide"? Care to define it, with a link to a responsible source?

Old 08-14-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
And BHO..what happens if he dies of lets say..natural or unnatural causes...Dopey Joe becomes Prez...duh which way did he go George..the terrorists will never find me in my bomb shelter..good lord

Old 08-14-2009, 11:37 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,069,047 times
Quote:
And BHO..what happens if he dies of lets say..natural or unnatural causes...Dopey Joe becomes Prez...duh which way did he go George..the terrorists will never find me in my bomb shelter..good lord

I hope and pray that President Obama stays well and safe. Anything else is unthinkable. But I will add that I like, respect, and trust Joe Biden. He is not as good at public speaking but he has integrity, intelligence, and more knowledge about the running of government than almost anyone else in the U.S.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:33 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,325,352 times
Palin is as dumb as dirt and possesses the mean spiritedness of a witch.[/quote]

I fear you do a disservice to witches everywhere!

Old 08-14-2009, 01:24 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,395,744 times
Every time this bimbo opens her mouth she confirms her stupidity. The scary thing is that there are huge number of stupid that think she is brilliant. Which in comparison shows that there are millions of really really stupid people in this country.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:27 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,574,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Every time this bimbo opens her mouth she confirms her stupidity. The scary thing is that there are huge number of stupid that think she is brilliant. Which in comparison shows that there are millions of really really stupid people in this country.
This is true..after all we elected Barack Hussein Obama .....lots of stupid pills swallowed that day..

Old 08-14-2009, 01:30 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,480,292 times
Quote:
People know the truth..they read the bills floating around congress, they see European socialized healthcare..and it is right there so dont waste your time trying to spew lies..the people know the truth now...and we will act on it accordingly...
Europeans have death panels? You got a link?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies