Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2009, 04:53 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,143,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Shame on you...
You should be grateful to men, and not denigrate them for their greatness.

Why?

Here's a test of values, supposedly ingrained in all human cultures.
It is the privilege of males to sacrifice themselves for women and children. It's enshrined in the axiom: "Women and children into the lifeboat FIRST!"

It's not "equal rights" but unequal duty. Women hold a superior right to life, based on that value system. And any man who acts cowardly, allowing a woman or child to die, to save his own life, is held with great contempt.

[] Do wives have the duty to sacrifice themselves for their husband?
NO.
[] Do children have the duty to sacrifice themselves for their parents?
NO.

So until women surrender their privileged position and accept the equal responsibility to guard men with their precious lives, let's not heap abuse upon menfolk.
I love healthy, relaxed, happy menfolk who arent afraid of women. It's the He Man Womanhaters I step waaay around, and Im putting you on Ignore.

Old 08-14-2009, 04:59 PM

19,014 posts, read 14,191,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I love healthy, relaxed, happy menfolk who arent afraid of women. It's the He Man Womanhaters I step waaay around, and Im putting you on Ignore.
Ignorance is bliss!

Of course, if you equate a man's sacrifice for privileged women as an example of "fear of women" or "hatred of women", I must wonder what you consider as an example of unselfish love of women?

BEATINGS?
ABUSE?

Things that make men wonder about women...

Old 08-14-2009, 05:09 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,604,077 times
Quote:
Your *enis envy is showing... more than your hypocrisy is showing.

But you did excise the part about men obligated to die in defense of women.
If you no longer wish your privileged position, by all means, stop accepting all those perquisites of your gender.
I didn't address it because it was ludicrous. It might surprise you to know that plenty of women own guns and can protect themselves, including via means other than guns, although the previous means is a sure fire way.

Quote:
And the next time you see a man being unjustly attacked, don't cower behind your "frailties" and excuse your inaction. And when you are in need of assistance, don't go looking for one of those "big strong men" to serve you.
*LOL* You are quite possibly the weirdest poster on this forum. "The next time" I see such a thing? On what date did I witness this and what did I do or not do? Remind me as you seem to know much better than I.

Quote:
Because if you won't accept equal duty for equal rights, you are a hypocrite and a scoundrel.

SHAME ON YOU.
*L* Are you from the 1800s? Maybe that explains your dysfunction, both mental and physical.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:14 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,645,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Countdown to . . .

"You're just jealous!"

"Palin is a wonderful lady"

"Why are you all obsessed with her?"

The last question is rather intriguing. Why are people so obsessed with Palin? It seems this woman gets an awful lot of attention from some of you users, and I frankly don't see why you waste the time or energy discussing her. She was a last ditch effort put forward by the Republican party to save the election from Barack Obama. Nothing more. She was not picked for her intellience, or her experience, she was picked for that "all American girl" image people love so much. We all knew she was not cut out for the office she was running for, and after her defeat she could have easily faded into history if not for the attention people heap upon her.

Now, before you get crazy, just know I do understand the left are not the only ones writing stories or commenting on what Palin said today. But when you keep eating it up and constantly discussing her, it only serves to keep her on the scene. There is no such thing as bad publicity, and the more you focus on her the longer she will remain a factor. There are enough real problems with this whole healthcare reform bill that we do not need any outlandish claims muddying the waters. Stories like this are the reason the real concerns aren't being addressed. Instead, the news gets to paint this picture of a bunch of paranoid righties worried the government's going to kill their grandmother off the first chance they get. This issue, while popularized by the media, is really not a key concern to most thinking people. The real root of the problems come from several issues.

One, the fact that healthcare is going to be mandated, thus taking away our personal freedom to choose wether or not we even want healthcare. Two, the obvious misrepresentation of what affect this bill will actually have on this country and every person living here finacially and personally. Three, the fact that most Congressmen have not even read the proposed bill. Four, the fact that this whole debate is really useless considering we can't get any real straight answers from our representatives because they really don't know what the bill says. Five, the fact that there are actually several bills running through the halls of Congress, so how can we even begin to really dicuss the pros and cons of a bill that hasn't even been chosen yet. We are debating about a bill that hasn't even been chosen yet. I'd say that pretty much renders the debate useless until the government actually picks a plan they wish to move with. Then, we should start this whole process over again, with the actual document that will be voted on available to any who wish to read it. I mean, it is overwhelming enough to expect people to have time to read just one "thousand page" bill, let alone 5.( I could go on, but I will save it for another time. And atleast my concerns are based in the real world.)

But anyway, I am getting carried away. My point is this woman really doesn't matter, and she only has as much power as you give her. Ignore her, and I promise she will fade into the background of the political world. She may poke her head out of the weeds every now and then, but most won't even pay it any mind. But you have to give her that chance to fade away. Grabbing hold of every little tidbit that comes out of her mouth and starting a thread about it surely will not help remove her from the minds of the American people, some of which actually believe what she says. Let her go, and she will cease to be a factor.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:16 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,645,342 times
Quote:
The only men who need to believe and say such things are men that are not themselves great and thus need to find their imagined greatness through a collective based on the *enis alone.
I keep waiting for someone to bust out with "Anything you can do I can do better. I can do anything better than you." But enough off topic banter, let's all get back on topic and leave the personal scuffles where they belong.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:19 PM

19,014 posts, read 14,191,607 times
Quote:
I didn't address it because it was ludicrous. It might surprise you to know that plenty of women own guns and can protect themselves, including via means other than guns, although the previous means is a sure fire way.
Being able to protect yourself is not the point. The point is that you EXPECT special privileges based on your gender, and then demand EQUAL RIGHTS.

I am all for equal rights - in exchange for equal duties.

If a woman wants equal rights in politics, send her into combat, too.
Title 10 USC Sec. 311. Militia: composition and classes
(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, ..., under 45 years of age who are,... citizens of the United States....

Title 50 USC Sec. 453. Registration (Selective Service)
(a)...it shall be the duty of every male citizen of the United States, ... to present himself for and submit to registration ...

Old 08-14-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Being able to protect yourself is not the point. The point is that you EXPECT special privileges based on your gender, and then demand EQUAL RIGHTS.

I am all for equal rights - in exchange for equal duties.

If a woman wants equal rights in politics, send her into combat, too.
Title 10 USC Sec. 311. Militia: composition and classes
(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, ..., under 45 years of age who are,... citizens of the United States....

Title 50 USC Sec. 453. Registration (Selective Service)
(a)...it shall be the duty of every male citizen of the United States, ... to present himself for and submit to registration ...
Thanks for pointing out how women continue to be discriminated against in this country. That's flat out DISCRIMINATION, not PRIVILEGE. But I doubt that you would understand the difference.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:25 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,143,615 times
Quote:

*LOL* You are quite possibly the weirdest poster on this forum. "The next time" I see such a thing? On what date did I witness this and what did I do or not do? Remind me as you seem to know much better than I.

*L* Are you from the 1800s? Maybe that explains your dysfunction, both mental and physical.
Now Helenejen, Delusiane, remember, the next time we're on the Titanic we throw the men overboard first!

Wonder why SOME men still think THEY make the "rules"...LOL!

Old 08-14-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
But anyway, I am getting carried away. My point is this woman really doesn't matter, and she only has as much power as you give her. Ignore her, and I promise she will fade into the background of the political world.
Funny, a number of conservatives and/or Republicans on this forum are now crediting Palin with the recent erasure of the end-of-life counseling (i.e., the faux "death panels) from the health care bill, such as this poster:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
As I stated in another thread, Palin has done a very good job of publicizing the area of greatest concern to her, and being an agent of change.

You may not like the outcome, but she was very effective.

Those who agree with her are glad to see the change.
So, which is it? Is she an agent of change or not? And why do you, as well as others who make similar arguments, get to be the one who feels like he gets to decide?

Old 08-14-2009, 05:31 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Now Helenejen, Delusiane, remember, the next time we're on the Titanic we throw the men overboard first!

Wonder why SOME men still think THEY make the "rules"...LOL!
Oh great. Thanks for leaving me to go down with the ship. Huh. Some sisters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.