Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2009, 05:32 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,696,773 times

Advertisements

Can't rep you anymore right now helenjen, but good job with that idjit.

I don't know if it's been referenced in this thread or not, but is anyone familiar with Lisa Murkowski's statement concerning the Palien's lies about the death squad?

http://newsminer.com/news/2009/aug/1...lth-care-bill/

Quote:
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - U.S. Sen. Lisa Murkowski is no fan of Democratic legislation aimed at health care reform, but she urged other critics to stop telling lies about what's included in the bill.

The Alaska Republican told an Anchorage crowd on Tuesday that portions of the bill "are bad enough that we don't need to be making things up."

Former Gov. Sarah Palin has said the legislation includes "death panels" that could deny care for the elderly and people with Down syndrome.

Murkowski told a crowd at the Dena'ina Civic and Convention Center that no such thing exists in the bill, and there is no reason to "gin up fear" in the American public by saying there is.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:33 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,143,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
The last question is rather intriguing. Why are people so obsessed with Palin? It seems this woman gets an awful lot of attention from some of you users, and I frankly don't see why you waste the time or energy discussing her. She was a last ditch effort put forward by the Republican party to save the election from Barack Obama. Nothing more. She was not picked for her intellience, or her experience, she was picked for that "all American girl" image people love so much. We all knew she was not cut out for the office she was running for, and after her defeat she could have easily faded into history if not for the attention people heap upon her.
Um, we're only on a message board, we dont give her "power", lol. The right wing media gives her "power" -- witness the idiots crowing that Sarah and Sarah alone got the death panel language removed from Obamacare.

Women identify more easily with other women. We can see through each other the way guys can see through each other. We recognize a lot of the girl-games she's played. (in fact, jetgraphics, as a HMWH, how do you not see those?) Anyway, Sarah's antics are always going to be of some interest to women.

I dont think Sarah would be as interesting if she were a man, saying and doing the same things and living the same soap opera, but thinking people would still be horrified knowing "he" had millions of followers.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:36 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,645,342 times
Originally posted by helenjen
Quote:
Funny, a number of conservatives and/or Republicans on this forum are now crediting Palin with the recent erasure of the end-of-life counseling (i.e., the faux "death panels) from the health care bill, such as this poster, for example:
As I said, you will have to let her fade away. It won't happen immediately, and it certainly won't happen if you continue to feed the fire. I promise, she is not that big of a factor on the national scene. Take her words for what you know they are, and let them pass right through your mind. Let her few supporters talk, they will eventually get bored when there is no one to fight with. Trust me helenjen, she isn't that big of a deal. She just gets way to much media coverage because people just eat it up. If we stop caring, they will stop reporting on her.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:36 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,143,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Oh great. Thanks for leaving me to go down with the ship. Huh. Some sisters.
Hey , we're nice, we're going to let you play in the ship's band....

Old 08-14-2009, 05:39 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

Yeah, sure. Admit it. It is just because I'm old and you want to save money on Medicare!

Old 08-14-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"Nearer, My Todd, To Thee"

Old 08-14-2009, 05:42 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,645,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Um, we're only on a message board, we dont give her "power", lol. The right wing media gives her "power" -- witness the idiots crowing that Sarah and Sarah alone got the death panel language removed from Obamacare.

Women identify more easily with other women. We can see through each other the way guys can see through each other. We recognize a lot of the girl-games she's played. (in fact, jetgraphics, as a HMWH, how do you not see those?) Anyway, Sarah's antics are always going to be of some interest to women.

I dont think Sarah would be as interesting if she were a man, saying and doing the same things and living the same soap opera, but thinking people would still be horrified knowing "he" had millions of followers.
Umm...you are talking about her right now, correct? Which means others are joining into the discussion about her, correct? And many people, after they post on CD, might talk to others they know about her, correct? That's called publicity, and publicity gives her power. And I didn't blame just her opposition for giving her all this attention. I simply said you are giving her power by keeping her in the public eye. I know their are conservative who still eat everything this woman says up like it's mana from heaven. But if we just stop caring, they will have to find another public personality to cling to. You may think this is just a message board, but it is also a place where people pick up ideas and talking points which they use in later discussions with other people. Thus, the cycle of fame continues. You have to allow people to forget her, and the easiest way to do that is to just lose interest in her all together. See what I am saying?

Old 08-14-2009, 05:43 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,143,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
"Nearer, My Todd, To Thee"
L O L!

AND :

you're on topic!

Old 08-14-2009, 05:45 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,604,077 times
Quote:
Originally posted by helenjen

As I said, you will have to let her fade away. It won't happen immediately, and it certainly won't happen if you continue to feed the fire. I promise, she is not that big of a factor on the national scene. Take her words for what you know they are, and let them pass right through your mind. Let her few supporters talk, they will eventually get bored when there is no one to fight with. Trust me helenjen, she isn't that big of a deal. She just gets way to much media coverage because people just eat it up. If we stop caring, they will stop reporting on her.
Oh, I have no doubt that she will never be elected to office again, though it will take some people a few years to realize this. But as long as she gets attention in the national media, she's going to get attention on forums like this, especially when she says the kind of things that she does.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Umm...you are talking about her right now, correct? Which means others are joining into the discussion about her, correct? And many people, after they post on CD, might talk to others they know about her, correct? That's called publicity, and publicity gives her power. And I didn't blame just her opposition for giving her all this attention. I simply said you are giving her power by keeping her in the public eye. I know their are conservative who still eat everything this woman says up like it's mana from heaven. But if we just stop caring, they will have to find another public personality to cling to. You may think this is just a message board, but it is also a place where people pick up ideas and talking points which they use in later discussions with other people. Thus, the cycle of fame continues. You have to allow people to forget her, and the easiest way to do that is to just lose interest in her all together. See what I am saying?
As I just told you, women are always going to talk about other women. Sorry.

The fact that she has this nutty place in politics just makes it funnier, but more irritating at the same time. I cant explain it if you dont understand it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.