Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2009, 06:43 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,602,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
So she was right, and she won the debate, Obamabot
Yeah, propagandistic lies often trump the truth. An unfortunate fact that dates back to at least Plato in western society.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:43 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,513,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
You sound like you are about 12 years old..I think your mommy is calling you for dinner...
Is that code for saying you can't provide any proof to back up your outrageous hate driven lies.

OBTW, did ya happen to notice who started the childish name calling taunts? You did, but it fits you well.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:48 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,513,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

I LOVE reminding Repubs just what a HUGE embarrasment their candidate for VP was/is.
I agree, but I find it humiliating as an American that a large number of these fools are still defending her.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:49 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,674,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
True, a lot of them can't get past being jealous, kind of ganged up against Clinton too last year. Hopefully, someday they will get past that.
Not the "jealousy" card again! Quit playing that one, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Seems to me that you people are the ones focussing on looks....obsessing actually...you can disagree with ideas but respect everyones rights to have them..and should defend women who are being attacked personally..including vicious attacks on their children. You are a hypocrite of the worst order...
You know the person you accused of not defending "vicious attacks on (Palin's) children actually did defend Palin against these attacks, as did several of us on this thread. You need to watch who you are accusing of what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Palin's stupid remarks are all the more telling, since in another thread we've seen the proclamation she signed in 2008 as Gov of AK that URGES "end of life counseling" (ELC). Now suddenly she's against it and calling it death panels, what's going on?
She probably just "forgot".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Originally posted by helenjen

As I said, you will have to let her fade away. It won't happen immediately, and it certainly won't happen if you continue to feed the fire. I promise, she is not that big of a factor on the national scene. Take her words for what you know they are, and let them pass right through your mind. Let her few supporters talk, they will eventually get bored when there is no one to fight with. Trust me helenjen, she isn't that big of a deal. She just gets way to much media coverage because people just eat it up. If we stop caring, they will stop reporting on her.
She is not letting herself "fade away". She keeps sticking her nose in the spotlight every two weeks or so.

Quote:
She still won the debate, admit it. That portion of the bill is supposedly being dropped. End, fin, finito
The key word in the above post is "supposedly". I haven't heard anything about dropping that proposal, of course I don't read "World Nuts Daily".

Old 08-14-2009, 06:49 PM

20,291 posts, read 37,145,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Yeah, propagandistic lies often trump the truth. An unfortunate fact that dates back to at least Plato in western society.
Yes, suuuure. Democrats always right, Republicans always wrong

Obama's war good, Bush's war baaaaad

Old 08-14-2009, 06:50 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,139,101 times
Quote:
She still won the debate, admit it. That portion of the bill is supposedly being dropped. End, fin, finito
What debate was that?

She lied.

She tried to stir people to violence.

The Republicans have kicked the poor in the teeth again and CHOICE is taken from some Americans and this makes you happy.

Now you know why I despise Republicans.

They are not human.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:50 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,135,666 times
Quote:
So she was right, and she won the debate, Obamabot
what "debate"?

she was late in piling on to the "Kill Grandma" bandwagon. But "death panels" stuck as a buzzword with you poor folks, and Sarah is high profile. But she had nothing to do with striking the language -- I'd say it was the craziness displayed by the town hall protesters. They dont pay attention to Sarah in Washington -- the only people who pay attention to her is you patsies.

And she played you patsies quite well, here. She knew there was no such thing as "death panels" in the bill, but she used her little boy to ratchet you up to a blithering, chattering froth. (She knows what end of life care is because she approved it herself for Alaskans. Links are here and in the other Palin thread.)

But if you insist on being played, well, have a good time.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Not the "jealousy" card again! Quit playing that one, please!

You know the person you accused of not defending "vicious attacks on (Palin's) children actually did defend Palin against these attacks, as did several of us on this thread. You need to watch who you are accusing of what.

She probably just "forgot".

She is not letting herself "fade away". She keeps sticking her nose in the spotlight every two weeks or so.

The key word in the above post is "supposedly". I haven't heard anything about dropping that proposal, of course I don't read "World Nuts Daily".
I apologize. I didn't realize that Yahoo News was "worldnewsdaily" Please forgive me

Old 08-14-2009, 06:54 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,107,139 times
She doesn't want to crow too soon. The fact that a republican congressman said it was being taken from one of the bills on the table doesn't mean too much. There are 4 bills on the table AND it still hasn't even gone to the senate yet. It can't even be voted on until there is a bill that has been through the senate. Lot of water to still go under the bridge and there are a lot of us normal citizens who can actually read who will be contacting our senators in droves demanding that end of life counseling be allowed in the final bill.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I agree, but I find it humiliating as an American that a large number of these fools are still defending her.
Well, there are fools from both sides. What happens if that one (at either side) only sees oneself as the smart one, and never the fool. But the person in the other shoes, sees one as the fool. Comprendes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.