Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 04:01 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,025,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
It is unfortunate that there have been some misconceptions over end-of-life care in the healthcare reform debate, no doubt about it.

However, even though it doesn't appear that there will be anything closely related to "death panels" in the legislation, I still am not convinced that a government faced with skyrocketing healthcare costs via UHC (which will happen, this is not debateable) won't look to trim those costs via those with little to offer the U.S. economy (ie. the elderly). Call it paranoid, or whatever adjective you find suitable, but I simply don't trust government enough to believe everything that is said at face value. Just as Palin will say anything to defeat this legislation, on the opposite end of the spectrum, supporters will say anything to get it passed.
The government already is responsible for most late in life medical decisions through Medicare. That isn't going to change and the last time I checked Medicare had no death panels.

Just more Republican lies.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:01 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,002,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Yeah..if you want to weed out the population..good God..get informed..
Here's a partial list...

The World Health Organization's ranking
of the world's health systems.

1 France
2 Italy
3 San Marino
4 Andorra
5 Malta
6 Singapore
7 Spain
8 Oman
9 Austria
10 Japan
11 Norway
12 Portugal
13 Monaco
14 Greece
15 Iceland
16 Luxembourg
17 Netherlands
18 United Kingdom
19 Ireland
20 Switzerland
21 Belgium
22 Colombia
23 Sweden
24 Cyprus
25 Germany
26 Saudi Arabia
27 United Arab Emirates
28 Israel
29 Morocco
30 Canada
31 Finland
32 Australia
33 Chile
34 Denmark
35 Dominica
36 Costa Rica
37 United States of America
38 Slovenia
39 Cuba

Well, maybe we should attempt to emulate France's version, considering the fact they they rank #1 and we rank #37.

The World Health Organization's ranking of the world's health systems

Old 08-13-2009, 04:05 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,426,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Ya know, Palin is a manipulative, spineless, lying, deceitful, vengeful, ego-centric, insecure, needy, loud mouthed, whining, immature, illiterate, ignorant, sorry excuse for a human being but the Republicans love, worship and respect her so I doubt they'll change their minds after listening to this Republican Guru....facts to them are completely unnecessary.
Her own parties advisors called her a whack job during the campaigne
and election, What does that tell you

Old 08-13-2009, 04:08 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,928,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
But there will be no "death panels" under the legislation being considered. In fact, the provision in the bill would allow Medicare to pay doctors for voluntary counseling sessions that address end-of-life issues. The conversations between doctor and patient would include living wills, making a close relative or a trusted friend your health care proxy, learning about hospice as an option for the terminally ill, and information about pain medications for people suffering chronic discomfort.

Could it be any clearer?

Palin is as dumb as dirt and possesses the mean spiritedness of a witch.
HEY I resent that ! the word starts with B not W....

Old 08-13-2009, 04:11 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,943,091 times
Quote:
It is unfortunate that there have been some misconceptions over end-of-life care in the healthcare reform debate, no doubt about it.

However, even though it doesn't appear that there will be anything closely related to "death panels" in the legislation, I still am not convinced that a government faced with skyrocketing healthcare costs via UHC (which will happen, this is not debateable) won't look to trim those costs via those with little to offer the U.S. economy (ie. the elderly). Call it paranoid, or whatever adjective you find suitable, but I simply don't trust government enough to believe everything that is said at face value. Just as Palin will say anything to defeat this legislation, on the opposite end of the spectrum, supporters will say anything to get it passed.
I hear what you are saying, but read this quote from the article:

And Rep. Earl Blumenauer, D-Ore., who authored the provision on end-of-life counseling, said he is astounded that Palin has not tempered her bleak descriptions of the health care bill.

"It's deliberate at this point," Blumenauer said. "If she wasn't deliberately lying at the beginning, she is deliberately allowing a terrible falsehood to be spread with her name."

He authored the provision and even he has to suggest she is lieing.

How can you trust the insurance companies who have a well documented history of refusing coverage, dropping sick people just when they need care, and using non-medical administrative people to determine care provided by doctors.

The real death panels are health insurance benefit administrators and attornys.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:12 PM

996 posts, read 3,261,937 times
Quote:
But there will be no "death panels" under the legislation being considered. In fact, the provision in the bill would allow Medicare to pay doctors for voluntary counseling sessions that address end-of-life issues. The conversations between doctor and patient would include living wills, making a close relative or a trusted friend your health care proxy, learning about hospice as an option for the terminally ill, and information about pain medications for people suffering chronic discomfort.

Could it be any clearer?

Palin is as dumb as dirt and possesses the mean spiritedness of a witch.
I have to wonder where this information you posted came from. It references a "provision in the bill", but what bill, as there are several bills in the House and Senate that have not been voted on. It's actually laughable that anyone can believe anything that the White House puts out and the Senators say in the town hall meetings because the truth is that ALL of it still being negotiated. When it comes down to a actual vote, there will be last minute changes and additions and in the end, just as with the stimulus bill, the dopes in congress won't even know what they are voting for and we the taxpayers will get stuck paying for Obama's schemes.

At some point, we are going to run out of money to pay for all of this entitlement. Cutbacks in healthcare will happen, and I for one am glad that Palin and others actually read the proposed bill and raised these questions now rather than later.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:16 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,426,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
HEY I resent that ! the word starts with B not W....
Its a B****, with two Bs.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:17 PM

996 posts, read 3,261,937 times
Quote:
Here's a partial list...

The World Health Organization's ranking
of the world's health systems.

1 France
2 Italy
3 San Marino
4 Andorra
5 Malta
6 Singapore
7 Spain
8 Oman
9 Austria
10 Japan
11 Norway
12 Portugal
13 Monaco
14 Greece
15 Iceland
16 Luxembourg
17 Netherlands
18 United Kingdom
19 Ireland
20 Switzerland
21 Belgium
22 Colombia
23 Sweden
24 Cyprus
25 Germany
26 Saudi Arabia
27 United Arab Emirates
28 Israel
29 Morocco
30 Canada
31 Finland
32 Australia
33 Chile
34 Denmark
35 Dominica
36 Costa Rica
37 United States of America
38 Slovenia
39 Cuba

Well, maybe we should attempt to emulate France's version, considering the fact they they rank #1 and we rank #37.

The World Health Organization's ranking of the world's health systems
I think you better check with Michael Moore. Didn't he do a special a year or two ago about how great Cuba's healthcare system was? Now this list says it's worse than the U.S.? What's going on?

Old 08-13-2009, 04:21 PM

17,763 posts, read 39,561,660 times
Tom Petty's song, Free Fallin' is so perfect for her.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:22 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,424,419 times
Quote:
However, even though it doesn't appear that there will be anything closely related to "death panels" in the legislation, I still am not convinced that a government faced with skyrocketing healthcare costs via UHC (which will happen, this is not debateable) won't look to trim those costs via those with little to offer the U.S. economy (ie. the elderly).
If you really believe that is a possible consequence, then why hasn't it happened yet in the 40+ years that medicare has been around?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies