Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 06:45 PM

596 posts, read 1,706,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosevelt View Post
Craig's List was recruiting supporters of the health care bill and paying $10 to $15 and hour to attend town hall meetings; I must have missed the part about they also have to attack Palin every time she is mentioned on a forum.
Craigslist, not Craig's List, is an internet classifieds site. They wouldn't have hired people to attend town hall meetings. The advertiser would have, probably a pro-health care reform group. Similar to conservative organizations who do the same thing as a form of lobbying. This is nothing new and has been used as a lobbying effort for political organizations for quite some time. This isn't about Sarah Palin, in fact I'm sure the Democratic Party feels comfortable enough in knowing she'll continue to sabotage her credibility but simply opening her mouth.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:14 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,775 times
New word in the dictionary.............
Palinism........ To perform a action or make a statement before putting brain into gear.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:17 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Here's a partial list...

The World Health Organization's ranking
of the world's health systems.

1 France
2 Italy
3 San Marino
4 Andorra
5 Malta
6 Singapore
7 Spain
8 Oman
9 Austria
10 Japan
11 Norway
12 Portugal
13 Monaco
14 Greece
15 Iceland
16 Luxembourg
17 Netherlands
18 United Kingdom
19 Ireland
20 Switzerland
21 Belgium
22 Colombia
23 Sweden
24 Cyprus
25 Germany
26 Saudi Arabia
27 United Arab Emirates
28 Israel
29 Morocco
30 Canada
31 Finland
32 Australia
33 Chile
34 Denmark
35 Dominica
36 Costa Rica
37 United States of America
38 Slovenia
39 Cuba

Well, maybe we should attempt to emulate France's version, considering the fact they they rank #1 and we rank #37.

The World Health Organization's ranking of the world's health systems

UK is 18?

Nope, don't think I need to bother reading the rest.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:57 PM

112 posts, read 173,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Palin stands by 'death panel' claim on health bill

Her lies, spin, half-truth, mis-quote whatever you want to call it have been disproven, does she apologize or amend her statement?

Of course not, she gives common sense and the truth the middle finger, all to refuse admitting her lie.

Please read this article carefully, stop believing lies and propaganda concearning "end of life" counseling.

Many people need this service and it's ultimately selfish and stupid to deny people these services simply to prop up a political agenda!

Palin stands by 'death panel' claim on health bill - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090813/ap_on_go_co/us_health_care_end_of_life - broken link)
She has read the bill how about you??? She is not the only one who says its in there Obama says hinmself that seniors take up 80% of the cost for medicare so if he can cause them to loose their lives sooner then he will save money I think you and him are the crazies not Palin.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:59 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,662,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KySS View Post
She has read the bill how about you??? She is not the only one who says its in there Obama says hinmself that seniors take up 80% of the cost for medicare so if he can cause them to loose their lives sooner then he will save money I think you and him are the crazies not Palin.
Prove it. Show me the passage in the bill. There is NOTHING in there about a "death panel". Even conservatives called her out on that.

It's LOSE not LOOSE, by the way. I learned that in grade school.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:01 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KySS View Post
Worth repeating:

Georgia Senator Johnny Isakson (R):

"I just had a phone call where someone said Sarah Palin's web site had talked about the House bill having death panels on it where people would be euthanized. How someone could take an end of life directive or a living will as that is nuts."

Ezra Klein - Is the Government Going to Euthanize your Grandmother? An Interview With Sen. Johnny Isakson.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:01 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,861,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Oh yes, the current unfettered relationship between doctor and patient:

"But instead of having doctors working to remove her brain tumors on the day the surgery was scheduled, she sat in a San Francisco hotel room. Why? Because at the last minute, her insurance company, Blue Shield, decided it wasn't going to pay for the treatment her doctors at UCSF Medical Center had recommended."
http://cbs5.com/local/cancer.treatme...2.1007394.html (http://cbs5.com/local/cancer.treatment.denied.2.1007394.html - broken link)

Blue Shield's statement in her case:

"Blue Shield makes medical necessity decisions based on what is the most appropriate safe and effective treatment. To do that, we rely on the best evidence-based medical research available and the clinical opinion of medical experts. While we approve of gamma knife surgery when appropriate, in this case, the most appropriate treatment is whole brain radiation therapy, which we would approve for medical necessity if requested."

I hope that the insurance companies are paying you for your propaganda, at least, you shill!
Stories such as this underscore the need for reform and everyone knows the health care system needs fixing. But the fixes, i.e. the various bills, proposed by the Dems. are not about reform. They are about beginning the transformation of the health care system to one run by the government. It's not warranted and we cannot afford it. Every problem can be fixed and the current system improved and none of the problems individually or in the aggregate justify adopting the solutions proposed by the Democrats. Fortunately the Democrat plans and ObamaCare are effectively dead which presents the opportunity to start over and create a reform bill that will fix the problems and have broader appeal.

You called me shill. That's so cute! ...pat on the head

Old 08-13-2009, 09:07 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,277,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
good grief
I said I am proud to have voted for McCain and I can not help Obama being a fool, now where you twist that into what you just said is typical
of your bull crap.
I am a democrat that is not led around by my nose to vote for whatever hack is waddled out, but there are plenty that are which is one of the reasons we have this idoit in charge.
Now if you want to continue to support, do it, you live in a free society
at least for now, but do expect me to do the same
I did not vote for him, I do not like him, and I sure as hell do not support his loopy ideas.
Every day, I am glad my vote went to a man that I felt then and I feel now would have been a good president.
I get to have that opinion, just like you have yours.
Don't like it?? Too damn bad, get over it
You're proud to have voted for a man who called his wife a "c--t" in front of other people.

Who publicly made fun of Chelsea Clinton's looks.

Who bullied the relatives of POWs, shut down the search for any remaining POWs, and walked out of the room when one POW's sister was in tears.

Who can't think his way out of a paper bag.

Who selected someone he had briefly met ONCE to be his running mate.

He would have made an AWFUL President.

Nobody said you couldn't have an opinion. It would be nice if it were an informed opinion, but whatever.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:10 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,054,512 times
Why do we allow a person who has repeatedly lied, and proven many times so, to have any validity in her statements to the press? I don't care what party you are for, this kind of rhetoric needs to be denounced for the lies that it is.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:12 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Palin stands by 'death panel' claim on health bill

Her lies, spin, half-truth, mis-quote whatever you want to call it have been disproven, does she apologize or amend her statement?

Of course not, she gives common sense and the truth the middle finger, all to refuse admitting her lie.

Please read this article carefully, stop believing lies and propaganda concearning "end of life" counseling.

Many people need this service and it's ultimately selfish and stupid to deny people these services simply to prop up a political agenda!

Palin stands by 'death panel' claim on health bill - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090813/ap_on_go_co/us_health_care_end_of_life - broken link)

Lots of idiots around, some here for example...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies