U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 08:39 AM

13,169 posts, read 701,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
No, they vote against it they lose office. I believe that is the point of the post. I guarantee you if my senator votes against it I will go door to door when her primary comes up in 2010.
Make sure you get hired first. Might as well get paid for it. The Dems are advertising on Craig's list right now for door to door canvassers.

I can tell you that if my senator votes FOR the current bill, I will work to do all I can to get him or her defeated. And, no one will need to pay me to do that.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 08:46 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,226,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Make sure you get hired first. Might as well get paid for it. The Dems are advertising on Craig's list right now for door to door canvassers.

I can tell you that if my senator votes FOR the current bill, I will work to do all I can to get him or her defeated. And, no one will need to pay me to do that.
The Republicans don't need to pay canvassers. They own an entire TV network. Faux News.

I won't have to be paid if my senator votes against it. I guess we will see who really wants it or does not want it more. That is how the system is supposed to work anyway.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:48 AM

16,249 posts, read 23,110,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

Since you live in South Carolina, I don't think you will have that problem!

Old 08-14-2009, 08:50 AM

745 posts, read 2,082,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
The Republicans don't need to pay canvassers. They own an entire TV network. Faux News.

I won't have to be paid if my senator votes against it. I guess we will see who really wants it or does not want it more. That is how the system is supposed to work anyway.
This is hilarious how many liberals are driven crazy by one media outlet that doesn't slant everything with a liberal bias when liberals have MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, and most major newspapers. Liberals have a multitude of other sources for their talking points and they still need canvassers to get out their message because most of these liberal outlets are losing more and more viewers every day who have grown tired of listening to the propaganda.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:52 AM

13,966 posts, read 25,426,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
I got an email from Rick Larson who is my House Representative and in the note he is pushing a public option. As a matter of fact he said it has to be a strong public option so...
So according to the Congressional Budget Office a "strong public option" will either have to contain very limited health screening benefits or else be very expensive.

I realize that many of the strong Obama supporters want this issue to be a continuation of the "I want more benefits, but someone else to pay for them" gravy train. At the core of multiple issues, including health care, this is really what many/most supporters want.

However, I think your freebie ride is about to get derailed with this issue.

First we'll either derail or severely limit the healthcare proposals, and next we'll take on "Cap & Trade".

Old 08-14-2009, 08:53 AM

19,889 posts, read 17,695,241 times
It will be fun to watch the Dems eat their young after going down in flames after healthcare. The chances for the Republicans in 2010 just improved. Well done Dean!

Old 08-14-2009, 08:55 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,529,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
The former Vermont governor added the caveat that he thought "cooler heads" would
ultimately prevail and that a government run option for insurance coverage would be passed.
But his remarks are some of the most threatening yet to be directed at Democrats from within the party.

Dean, who is a keynote speaker at the Netroots Nation conference at Pittsburgh this week,
said he was "in favor" of holding recalcitrant senators and congressman accountable on health care related issues.

Dean: "There Will Be Primaries" For Dems Who Vote Against Public Option
Empty threat. Dean knows that the Blue Dogs were elected primarily in red states. And they got elected only because they ran to the right of their Republican opponents. So if far left Dems succeed in unseating the Blue Dogs in the primaries, those leftists won't have a chance of winning in a general election. That would virtually ensure a Republican tide in 2010.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:57 AM

13,966 posts, read 25,426,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
It will be fun to watch the Dems eat their young after going down in flames after healthcare. The chances for the Republicans in 2010 just improved. Well done Dean!
Blue Dogs must be fuming about those comments, tough to be a reasonable representative in this "keep giving out freebies" environment.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:12 AM

19,889 posts, read 17,695,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Blue Dogs must be fuming about those comments, tough to be a reasonable representative in this "keep giving out freebies" environment.

Yeah, so much for the big tent huh.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:43 AM

7,554 posts, read 7,798,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post

Dean..isnt that the moron who was screaming and pounding his fist when he ran for the Dems...oh yeah..they actually let him out of his straightjacket..amazing..this idiot giving advice..the Dems are done...goodbye losers.
Governor Dean is the genius who orchestrated the 50 state strategy that propelled Barack Obama to victory in the 2008 election, including turning several formerly-red states blue. Underestimate him at your party's own peril.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies