Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 10:48 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times

Advertisements

Do any of you remember the behavior of the protesters in the days of Bush's Presidency? Do you remember the language of those protesters? How about the way the MSM treated them when reporting about their activities?

Here is an article that talks about those days and how the MSM reacted. Compare what happened then to the protests that are taking place as town halls these days. The MSM doesn't seem to be holding anything back especially the name calling by Democrats.

Anyway, read this piece and then watch the video at the end of it. If you aren't sickened by it you must be a sympathizer with today's Glorious Leader. Read some of the comments after the article because some of those people provide some really good pictures of that day and time.

Press Largely Ignored Hostile Protester Rhetoric Towards Bush | NewsBusters.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 11:31 PM

745 posts, read 2,208,461 times
It's pretty clear that the MSM has an agenda and reports the story differently depending on how they feel about the protestors and the party in power.

What's really telling, and I was no fan of Bush, is how Pres. Bush always talked about how great it was in America that you had the freedom to protest. Not so much Pres. Obama, but many Democratic leaders appear ready to do away with the first and second amendments and try to marginalize and pass protestors off as crazy. That's the most maddening part of the whole thing to me.

I'm certainly no hardcore Conservative, nor am I a hardcore Liberal, but it irks me to no end how protestors to President Bush were celebrated and protestors to President Obama are questioned, made fun of, and disregarded by those same members of the media.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:34 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
That was then and this is now.

From all the nasty Bush posters and people like the acorn mobs disrupting anything that the government tried to do the MSM gang believed they had the right to do this but now say this group does not.

Wake up America, your rights are being taken away from you by Insane Obama and his lynching mobs.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:45 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,590,361 times
One thing I noticed more than anything else that changed once Obama got into office.... the war protesters disappeared.

We are still fighting in Afghanistan right? They were all over the place with their signs and their media coverage when Bush was in office, now they are no where to be found.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:25 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
just more proof that they are indeed idiots (IRT the war protestors)

Old 08-14-2009, 05:01 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,669,719 times
i've still seen war protesters around.

and you guys must get a different "msm" than i do, because i saw lots of articles and news reports justifying sweep arrests (arresting random groups of people just to clear the sidewalks) at protests, decrying peaceful protests as violent, etc.

i like how protesters from several years ago are suddenly "acorn mobs" now that hating on acorn is in vogue. funny how i never heard a thing about acorn from the right before the last election. funny how suddenly acorn is this giant monolithic quasi-militia that is at fault for everything the right doesn't like about pretty much everything. egg not cooked well enough at breakfast? that darn acorn again!

when the anti-globalization and anti-war protests were really big (anti-globalization protests got big under clinton btw), there was an organization whose name escapes me who organized a lot of them. weirdly, the right bitched about them at the time and only recently has it morphed into "acorn" after the fact. as far as i know, acorn as an organization focuses on domestic/community issues and doesn't have any involvement in the anti-war movement.

Last edited by groar; 08-14-2009 at 05:18 AM..

Old 08-14-2009, 05:36 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
i've still seen war protesters around.

and you guys must get a different "msm" than i do, because i saw lots of articles and news reports justifying sweep arrests (arresting random groups of people just to clear the sidewalks) at protests, decrying peaceful protests as violent, etc.

i like how protesters from several years ago are suddenly "acorn mobs" now that hating on acorn is in vogue. funny how i never heard a thing about acorn from the right before the last election. funny how suddenly acorn is this giant monolithic quasi-militia that is at fault for everything the right doesn't like about pretty much everything. egg not cooked well enough at breakfast? that darn acorn again!

when the anti-globalization and anti-war protests were really big (anti-globalization protests got big under clinton btw), there was an organization whose name escapes me who organized a lot of them. weirdly, the right bitched about them at the time and only recently has it morphed into "acorn" after the fact. as far as i know, acorn as an organization focuses on domestic/community issues and doesn't have any involvement in the anti-war movement.
Their MSM is FAUX and FAUX only...you can discount anything these type posters say because they follow FAUX/neoCON talking points only.

Old 08-14-2009, 07:38 AM

1,224 posts, read 1,286,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Their MSM is FAUX and FAUX only...you can discount anything these type posters say because they follow FAUX/neoCON talking points only.
At least the conservatives can SEE what's going on with our government. Liberals can't see that well,...they have a dark brown hue to their vision caused by having their heads up Obama's rectum too long.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:16 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
It is fascinating that the loony left simply can't make it through a thread without mentioning FOX news. No wonder they are #1. They are so scared of one little old network when they have the rest. They simply can't stand any opposition, fascinating pathology.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:36 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,445,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
It is fascinating that the loony left simply can't make it through a thread without mentioning FOX news. No wonder they are #1. They are so scared of one little old network when they have the rest. They simply can't stand any opposition, fascinating pathology.
And that's a fascinating statement.

"one little old network" ... sounds like we should pity the little guys, right?

But then, "no wonder they are #1". I'm assuming they are number one in viewership/polls, right?

Guess what? That "one little old network" is .... Mainstream Media!! If more people watch a particular network, you just can't get any more mainstream than that.

And when you hear ANYONE on FOX "News" complaining about mainstream media, they are complaining about themselves!!! Bunch of hypocrites.

Last edited by GreenGene; 08-14-2009 at 09:22 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies