Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 12:29 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,902,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Didn't read the articles didja?
Or apparently, understand the topic of the thread.

---

At least repubs are consistent.
If the president is for it, most of them are against it.
It being anything and everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 12:31 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
holy crap! a blog, view, anything named somethingprogress.org, and msnbc are the four sources? What sort of references are those? You get an F- on this paper..
eesh, amazingly typical

BTW, why is the disputed portion of the bill being yanked? probably didn't see that on your "news" sites did ya? nice
You don't believe things written by Palin and Newt themselves and read by Limbaugh himself? Do you understand what a primary source is? Do you know how to open hyperlinks and read or listen to the information presented before commenting?

Well, you have certainly proven one thing: you are in no position to be grading anyone.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:33 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
at least you referred to them as articles, because that was all they were. Absolutely not authentic reference material. Why do people even post a link to a blog? I can write one that says I'm the king of the world and then I'll post a view saying I agree with myself.. incredible
My vote for most ignorant post ever. And that's saying a lot.

Try this, I promise it's not a "blog" or even an "article": http://www.gov.state.ak.us/proclamations.php?id=1094

Old 08-14-2009, 12:36 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Seriously, what the h*ll are you blabbering about? Did you even read the OP?

No, my sources were not limited to blogs and "somethingprogress.org." My sources are Rush Limbaugh's own radio advertisement for legalzoom.com, The Rush Limbaugh Show, ABC's show This Week, The Washington Post, Sarah Palin's public statements from her website, as well as her "Healthcare Decisions Day" proclamation from when she was Governor of Alaska and MSNBC.

Furthermore, Limbaugh's public statements and radio advertisement, Gingrich's televised statement and his Washington Post article, and Palin's written statements and Gubernatorial proclamation that I presented in my OP are indisputable facts, not my or anyone else's opinions, as evidenced by my linked sources.

Reading comprehension not your strongsuit? Get a clue.
can you actually see your original post? there are only four links and they are to a blog, view, msnbc article, and a somethingprogressive.org website. When people write papers, they list the references at the bottom and that is what I thought you did. Sorry I completely did not see all your other sources in that posting. I'm guessing that probably has something to do with them not even being there.. yeah, carry on

Old 08-14-2009, 12:37 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,702,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Or apparently, understand the topic of the thread.

---

At least repubs are consistent.
If the president is for it, most of them are against it.
It being anything and everything.
It's pretty obvious why right-wing 'leaders' such as Palin, Gingrich and Limbaugh have no qualms about blatantly lying to their base. As evidenced by a few of the posts so far in this thread, their base just falls in line when they speak, without utilization of a sinlge critical thinking skill, and without even considering for a moment that maybe they're being lied to.

Rush, Newt and Sarah know that whatever hate- and fear-mongering lies they'd like to spread will be eaten up by their angry base, and regardless of whether or not their leaders' lies and malicious rumors are irrefutably exposed, the ignorant masses don't care...they'll believe anything. Except for MSNBC, that is.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:39 AM

ahh yes, the politics section. A school of retarded piranha's if ever there was one.
so anyhow, this one time at band camp...

Old 08-14-2009, 12:42 AM

Quote:
ahh yes, the politics section. A school of retarded piranha's if ever there was one.
so anyhow, this one time at band camp...
Good luck in Composition 100. You'll need it!

Old 08-14-2009, 12:44 AM

it's like the inhabitants of the insane asylum trying to prove they are not insane because the rest of the patients are in agreement with them..

Old 08-14-2009, 12:47 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,702,422 times
Quote:
can you actually see your original post? there are only four links and they are to a blog, view, msnbc article, and a somethingprogressive.org website. When people write papers, they list the references at the bottom and that is what I thought you did. Sorry I completely did not see all your other sources in that posting. I'm guessing that probably has something to do with them not even being there.. yeah, carry on
^ See this, kids? This is why we should all go to college.

(ps - I'll help you out. Ever heard of "primary" vs. "secondary" sources? Well, if you click on the links I provided, you'll find videos, transcripts, quotes, etc (ie irrefutable evidence), of Limbaugh, Gingrich and Palin saying/writing/doing the things I outlined in my OP (primary sources) embedded within the commentary (secondary sources). I find it interesting that you make snide comments regarding "when people write papers," when you've clearly never had to reference something in a professional paper you've written. Otherwise, you would be well aware of the facts I have presented to you in this post script.)

Old 08-14-2009, 12:48 AM

Quote:
it's like the inhabitants of the insane asylum trying to prove they are not insane because the rest of the patients are in agreement with them..
Here's let's practice for Comp. 100, remedial, of course.

Directions: Identify the errors in the following sentence and correct them.

Quote:
translation: I know I'm absolutey wrong and usually walk around ain a clueless stupor all day, but I'm going to call you out because you know there are no absolute here..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies