Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 09:42 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Translation:

There will be more people who pay NO taxes and take from the system, and they will vote in the people who pass the laws that tax the productive to give to the unproductive.
Yeah. Isn't America great?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 09:43 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Yeah. Isn't America great?!
I believe bankrupt is a more accurate description.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:48 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
OK...now this one I can take....you are ignorant of the history.

I think you're correct that Barnes may have a good shot. I also think he had a good shot with 4 years in office as Governor, where he accomplished little. Now all of a sudden he has all the ideas?

As for water and transportation....Perdue is the first Republican Governor since reconstruction. The legislature has the first Republican majority since reconstruction. Up until 2002, both the Governor and the legislative majority have always been Democrat. What were all those Democrat Governors such as Busbee, Harris, Miller (and I love Zell Miller), and Barnes been doing? Why didn't they and their Democrat majorities solve all these issues?

Blaming the Republicans for the water and transportation issues is disingenous at best and pretty ignorant at worst.
You won't get any argument from me about that. Barnes and the band of idiots in the legislature did not do alot for the state. And then they tried to rob the voters of fair representation by creating "multi member" districts which really just killed the whole idea of democratic represenation in the legislature. The only thing good he did was get rid of that embarassing tailer park state flag.
I actually voted for Perdue and thought he would be different but it seems that he spends all his time fighting with the bozo Speaker of the House and not getting a damn thing done while we are choking on traffic and running out of water. The only thing he has taken a strong position on is that you and me cannot have a beer on Sunday. Maybe Barnes has learned a lesson and will be a better leader now.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:49 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,192,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Are you saying that I don't pay taxes? I bet I pay more than lots of people on here. Especially since all but one of my kids is an adult now and I cannot claim them anymore.
Are you playing thick on purpose? I am referring to your own comments. Many of these people you are so excited to see voting Democrat will be poor and low income people (9 million new "immigrants") who will be net takers. All these "old white people" that you loathe who will be dying off soon just happen to be the ones that pay the lion's share of taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The Democrats will be fine. The demographics of the country are going their way. There will be fewer white people and more minority voters. The Republicans are the party of old white people and will pretty much die along with them- hopefully. That is one reason why getting an immigration reform/amnesty passed is important. If we can put 9 million new immigrants on the voter rolls, this will speed up making places like Airizona, New Mexico and Colorado more blue!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies