Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 08:54 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
I agree. When all is said and done, obama will be regarded as a very bad president. Once again, I apologize for voting for him.
At least you are an admitted OMG voter who got snowed by all the campaign promises. Admitting it makes you somewhat heroic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 09:04 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,665,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post

I understand that San Francisco named a new sewage treatment plant for the city after George W. Bush last year.
There is a tribute to his success for ya!

I agree its too early for Obama.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:07 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,138,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
How cynical of you. It obviously looks like these kids have quite an uphill climb (91 percent free or reduced lunch). What better way to make them see that they just MIGHT have a chance to go somewhere in life?
...a`little hope...it won't even increase your taxes...

Old 08-14-2009, 09:14 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,187 times
[quote=miamiman;10276770]Who's "Barrack" Obama? It's a shame that people STILL can't spell the president's name correctly. It's Barack Obama.
]
thats ok its cause they were educated in gov schools. so its only fitting to name gov schools after him and spell his name wrong as a symbol of him ending vouchers in DC so his daughters would not have to attend classes with commoners

Old 08-14-2009, 09:25 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,477,772 times
Quote:
Originally posted by parfleche
thats ok its cause they were educated in gov schools. so its only fitting to name gov schools after him and spell his name wrong as a symbol of him ending vouchers in DC so his daughters would not have to attend classes with commoners
Oh why don't you just shut it?

Quote:
Originally posted by LauraC
I like the dead people rule of thumb if schools are going to be named after people but personally, I prefer schools being named after the street they are on or the neighborhood that they are in. You know, if I read a story about the John Doe High School in NY, I have no idea where it is but if I read a story about the Pineville Elementary School in Blooterville or the 53rd Street Junior High School in Happyville, I have more information.
I agree Laura. That's how it was in my town. Maybe it's just what I'm used to. About the Obama thing...yeah, his presidency is historic so I could see it, but it's still better to wait until after he's gone a while. Naming something after someone who's alive--and still in office--is a little too soon IMO.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:26 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,368,412 times
I don't think it's too early but I'd hate to go to a school named Obama High...don't know why but Obama High just sounds off to me...wonder what the mascot would be?

Old 08-14-2009, 09:29 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,941,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
...don't know why but Obama High just sounds off to me
Sounds pretty accurate to me.

Quote:
...wonder what the mascot would be?
An Obamabot of course.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:31 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,477,772 times
Quote:
Originally posted by natalayjones
I don't think it's too early but I'd hate to go to a school named Obama High...don't know why but Obama High just sounds off to me...wonder what the mascot would be?
That's a good question. I can think of a good school motto: Obama High: "Yes we can!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies