Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Wish Michael Vick Well
yes 52 43.70%
no 58 48.74%
other 7 5.88%
not sure 2 1.68%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 09:50 AM

609 posts, read 2,117,487 times

Advertisements

I wish him well, at the bottom of a "well".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 09:51 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,413,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
As someone who has worked in animal shelters before and has seen firsthand many of the abuses that people do to animals, I have very little sympathy for someone like Vick.

But as others have said, he did his time. If he gets caught doing something so atrocious again...put him in a pit with rabid dogs and let them have at him.
I definitely feel you on that, no one should be feelin BAD for Vick, what he did was wrong. But the hate and vitriol that people spew about him is absurd, and the lies and stories made up about him are ludicrous at best.

But if he were to go down the same path again, well fool me once, shame on you...

Old 08-16-2009, 09:59 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times

YouTube - Leo, one of the Michael Vick dogs, now therapy dog!

http://packrescue.blogspot.com/2008/...-vick-dog.html

Old 08-16-2009, 10:13 AM

1,501 posts, read 5,679,729 times
Couldn't care less about his well being. Why would anyone, unless they are close relatives or friends?
He can go float in a boat made of cardboard in the Amazon for all I care.

The Mediots care about him too much, unfortunately. Let them focus on those who NEED HELP for a change. For every Vick clip, there's thousands of abused children & animals.
I'm waiting for the Mediots to have visits to the Prisons to "Profile" some "poor" murderer we can all sympathize for. Opps wait, they already DO that! Worthless Mediots.

Old 08-16-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
I definitel But the hate and vitriol that people spew about him is absurd, and the lies and stories made up about him are ludicrous at best. ..
Not familiar with any lies and stories "made up" about him.
He's getting heat for crimes he committed and admitted to. Nothing more.
Apparently not a real likable guy to begin with -- it's all his fault.

Some guys named Maris, Aaron and Bonds went through way worse from the public. Considering they never physically inflicted harm upon others to warrant such vitrol (and downright terrorized in Aaron & Maris' cases,) Vick's got it easy compared to those guys.

Old 08-16-2009, 10:47 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,860,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
I love all animals and what Michael Vick did was a total disgrace.

Michael Vick seems to have his head on his shoulders now. He did a great interview and answered the questions well. I think he deserves another chance at life.

Eagles gamble on disgraced NFL star Michael Vick - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090814/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_eagles_vick_signs_26 - broken link)
He's paid his debt to society so I see no reason why he shouldn't be allowed to make a living at what he does best. There should be some restriction on his owning a dog(s) though. He can say all the right things but until he's shown he's truely remorseful and backs it up I'd be wary of him owning dogs or animals in general.

Old 08-16-2009, 10:54 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,352,508 times
I wish everyone "well", but I do not trust that he is "reformed". . .

Old 08-16-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel'r View Post
Not familiar with any lies and stories "made up" about him.
He's getting heat for crimes he committed and admitted to. Nothing more.
Apparently not a real likable guy to begin with -- it's all his fault.

Some guys named Maris, Aaron and Bonds went through way worse from the public. Considering they never physically inflicted harm upon others to warrant such vitrol (and downright terrorized in Aaron & Maris' cases,) Vick's got it easy compared to those guys.
You obviously haven't seen the protests to Vick coming back to the NFL.

And just because you haven't heard any lies being told about him, doesn't mean there aren't any. I know people that truly believe he was responsible for killing hundreds of his own dogs, that he tortured them for sport, that he would bring in untrained/domesticated pets for his dogs to tear apart just so he could watch, and the list goes on. The fact of the matter is, Vick actually told the truth about his sins, unlike some other people, and he paid his debt to society like a man. He has shown nothing but remorse, and is trying to make up for his actions. And as long as this is all sincere, he deserves a second chance.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
You obviously haven't seen the protests to Vick coming back to the NFL.

And just because you haven't heard any lies being told about him, doesn't mean there aren't any. I know people that truly believe he was responsible for killing hundreds of his own dogs,...\
Bad Newz Kennels, just what was that anyway? Just who WAS responsible, then? From what I gather, he wasn't scheduling puppy play-dates @ these places, was he.

Although I ignore the TV, I do live in Vick Central and it's all I have heard about. Unfortunately, family still watches the tube faithfully and, funny they've only really focused on Vick's PR clips-"I made a mistake" quotes over and over and over.

There are protests aimed at Vick but he is NOT being terrorized/victimized like the guys I mentioned -- as some Vick fans would have people believe.
(I imagine you are too young to remember what Maris & Aaron went through anyways, and Vick's got it easy compared to that.)

The defensive tone of your post makes Vick out to be "Victim" of slander here. Well he did it, so people don't like him. Period.

Somebody stole from me, but they apologized. Don't mean I'll ever invite them to my house again!

Old 08-16-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel'r View Post
Bad Newz Kennels, just what was that anyway? Just who WAS responsible, then? From what I gather, he wasn't scheduling puppy play-dates @ these places, was he.

Although I ignore the TV, I do live in Vick Central and it's all I have heard about. Unfortunately, family still watches the tube faithfully and, funny they've only really focused on Vick's PR clips-"I made a mistake" quotes over and over and over.

There are protests aimed at Vick but he is NOT being terrorized/victimized like the guys I mentioned -- as some Vick fans would have people believe.
(I imagine you are too young to remember what Maris & Aaron went through anyways, and Vick's got it easy compared to that.)

The defensive tone of your post makes Vick out to be "Victim" of slander here. Well he did it, so people don't like him. Period.

Somebody stole from me, but they apologized. Don't mean I'll ever invite them to my house again!
Well I don't know what Maris & Aaron have to do with Vick, kind of comparing apples and oranges... But for the crime that Vick committed, he more than paid his debt and it appears he is sincerely trying to make up for it. Now if he truly means it, or if hes just trying to get out of trouble, you can't really know unless you are Michael Vick.

The only reason I sound defensive about Vick is because there are whackos on the other side spreading those lies I told you of. There has to be some sort of balance.

And again, I don't really care if people don't like him, he killed a bunch of dogs and dogs rule. But I don't think we should label him as a social pariah for the rest of his life for this. People should be allowed a second chance, and while he is getting one in the NFL, people in general are a little more hesitant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies