Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 10:26 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,277,416 times

Advertisements

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/14/op...gman.html?_r=2

The responses (under "Comments") are very good, as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 10:31 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/14/op...gman.html?_r=2

The responses (under "Comments") are very good, as well.
I agree with the article but If McCain won the liberal wingnuts would block anything he wanted to do.

They would have been hollering and screaming about a Bush third term and we cannot let the Bush agenda continue. Especially since they control Congress.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:52 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,277,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
I agree with the article but If McCain won the liberal wingnuts would block anything he wanted to do.

They would have been hollering and screaming about a Bush third term and we cannot let the Bush agenda continue. Especially since they control Congress.
Fantasies about what might have happened under a different reality have no bearing on what is happening now. The liberal wingnuts were at least educated. The right-wing fanatics are complete morons.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:59 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
The right-wing fanatics are complete morons.
Wow - my wife, an Independent, who some people call a "right winger" is, according to you, a "moron". I did not know that.

Even though she has 3 Masters, she is an MD, a Ph.d, has a flourishing private practice, has authored / co-authored several major books etc - she is a "moron" according to you. She is "uneducated" (liberal wingnuts were at least educated). Wow -

And, I guess I'm a "right wingnut" in your opinion - uneducated according to you - even though I have that MC, MBA, JD degree - yep - uneducated.

BTW - as for you? You really need to get a life.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:07 AM

455 posts, read 1,018,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Wow - my wife, an Independent, who some people call a "right winger" is, according to you, a "moron". I did not know that.

Even though she has 3 Masters, she is an MD, a Ph.d, has a flourishing private practice, has authored / co-authored several major books etc - she is a "moron" according to you. She is "uneducated" (liberal wingnuts were at least educated). Wow -

And, I guess I'm a "right wingnut" in your opinion - uneducated according to you - even though I have that MC, MBA, JD degree - yep - uneducated.

Are you stating that you and your wife are "fanatics"? If not, then that posters remarks having nothing to do with you.

As for the "You really need to get a life" comment...........really? You have 18,000+ posts on here. Really?

Old 08-14-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmahorn View Post
Are you stating that you and your wife are "fanatics"?
It depends how you define "fanatics" -

Old 08-14-2009, 11:21 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,273 times
Quote:
That is basically it. Are the fanatics just the ones who shout and yell inside the meetings to disrupt? or are they the intelligent ones who want answers about how healthcare reform is going to affect our overall well being?

Are these people fanatics in Brooklyn NY? seems to me they had legitmate questions about cost. Nothing about Death Panels and that bulloney.

I would wager the op puts anyone who dares question the great leader in the fanatic category. I hope I am wrong.

Rep. Anthony Weiner gets earful from seniors with questions about 'communist' health care plan

Old 08-14-2009, 11:24 AM

4,156 posts, read 11,010,059 times
Quote:

it's all about YOU?

Old 08-14-2009, 11:24 AM

455 posts, read 1,018,281 times
Quote:
It's your definition that counts in this instance, not mine. You are the one who felt compelled to prove that the poster's comment about "fanatics" was indeed wrong. The fact that you chose to defend "fanatics" with your personal anecdotal evidence made me question whether you identify yourself as a "fanatic".

If you do not identify as a "fanatic", I am wondering why did you use your own educational background as an argument?

Old 08-14-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
it's all about YOU?
No - its about people (like the other poster) who makes ridiculous generalized statements that they are unable to substantiate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies