Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 08:27 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times

Advertisements

Oh, look. The WH is changing their spamming rules. If they did nothing wrong, why change?

White House will change e-mail rules - Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

Quote:
The White House said Sunday night that it will change its e-mail sign-up procedures after some recipients of a health-care e-mail complained that they had not asked to receive updates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 08:29 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,903,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh, look. The WH is changing their spamming rules. If they did nothing wrong, why change?

Second paragraph:
Quote:
“We are implementing measures to make subscribing to e-mails clearer, including preventing advocacy organizations from signing people up to our lists without their permission when they deliver petition signatures and other messages on individual’s behalf,” spokesman Nick Shapiro said in a statement Sunday night.
sounds like advocacy organizations are the scapegoat for this imaginary scandal.

Old 08-16-2009, 08:36 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:

Because the people on your end were freaking out the white house sent me an email....now they've got me! The government trying to take my babies!

Old 08-17-2009, 06:59 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:

Democrats wanna tell us again how this isnt happening?

Old 08-17-2009, 07:23 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Democrats wanna tell us again how this isnt happening?
What's happening? That people who e-mailed the White House or had their e-mail forwarded to the White House are getting responses. It seems awfully petty to complain about it when you could have simply unsubscribed.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
What's happening? That people who e-mailed the White House or had their e-mail forwarded to the White House are getting responses. It seems awfully petty to complain about it when you could have simply unsubscribed.
It's easier to complain and act like it's some evil Obama plot to control their minds via email.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:38 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I guess I need to tell you again that you cannot unsubscribe when you didn't subscribe in the first place. I am one of the persons that sent them an e-mail complaining that I was put on some sort of list just because I sent an e-mail telling them I did not want ANY health plan. I was not asking for feedback, I was just letting them know that one person was not for health care reform in any way. You should be able to tell the White House your views without being harrassed by propaganda. I was not asking their opinion, I was telling them mine. We get enough propaganda on the news. The only way he knows what I think is when I tell him. Polls are biased and cannot be trusted.

The amazing thing to me is that Obama thinks it is his job to be pushing any law. He should be trying to do what the American people want. He is president, not dictator, so far anyway. It is just his job to approve or veto when the law is made. I think he is getting too much involved with the process in congress. Congress needs to stop speeding laws through without thought. This health plan should be put on the back burner while they rid our country of so many illegals who are causing the problem in the first place. Stop paying for people who don't belong here in the first place, get them out of our country and close the borders is what they should be working on right now. And I told them so. If they want to save this country, they need to listen.

How many people will have to tell them that Americans want our country back before they will listen?

Old 08-17-2009, 07:40 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Amazing that this thread has lasted for 17 pages.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:48 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I guess I need to tell you again that you cannot unsubscribe when you didn't subscribe in the first place. I am one of the persons that sent them an e-mail complaining that I was put on some sort of list just because I sent an e-mail telling them I did not want ANY health plan. I was not asking for feedback, I was just letting them know that one person was not for health care reform in any way. You should be able to tell the White House your views without being harrassed by propaganda. I was not asking their opinion, I was telling them mine. We get enough propaganda on the news. The only way he knows what I think is when I tell him. Polls are biased and cannot be trusted.

The amazing thing to me is that Obama thinks it is his job to be pushing any law. He should be trying to do what the American people want. He is president, not dictator, so far anyway. It is just his job to approve or veto when the law is made. I think he is getting too much involved with the process in congress. Congress needs to stop speeding laws through without thought. This health plan should be put on the back burner while they rid our country of so many illegals who are causing the problem in the first place. Stop paying for people who don't belong here in the first place, get them out of our country and close the borders is what they should be working on right now. And I told them so. If they want to save this country, they need to listen.

How many people will have to tell them that Americans want our country back before they will listen?
Of course you can unsubscribe. NCN, why can't you unsubscribe? You can read, obviously. So simply skip over the body of the e-mail which you find so offensive, to the bottom, the part where it says "TO UNSUBSCRIBE..." and follow the directions.

ALL of us, every single one of us who has an e-mail account, gets e-mails that are unsolicitated because we visited a website or one of our e-mails got forwarded, and the computer software signed us up. And every one of those e-mails has directions to unsubscribe. YES, YOU CAN UNSUBSCRIBE. I really don't care what you stated in your e-mail to the White House. That's between you and them. BUT YOU CAN UNSUBSCRIBE from their mailing list any time you care to do so. Unless you prefer to complain.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I guess I need to tell you again that you cannot unsubscribe when you didn't subscribe in the first place.
Really? I get a lot of emails from people I didn't subscribe to and there's always a little option at the bottom if you no longer want to receive communication. When I'm work I also get unsolicated faxes but they also have a number to call if I want the faxes to stop. I don't understand why this bothers you so much? Are you afraid they're tapping into your computer and reading all your emails? Do you freak out when you open the mailbox and see that Lowes has sent you yet another coupon how do they know I just remodeled my bathroom? They must be spying on me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies