Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 07:33 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,571,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You can't even spell what state you live in. No wonder you area supporter of this woman. Kind of explains everything in your barely literate post
I am sorry becouse I CANT spell does this mean Im an animal,president obamba needs to put a rope around my neck and lead me around just like the slave masters did to the black man. they also thought they were smartter .liberals also think they are smarter then the average american will they be the next slave masters. Just because you are willing to take that rope and put it around your neck your self good for you.you are the smartest person in the world.your love obamba has blinded you. as for this barely literate I dont trust the government to do anything well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 12:06 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,905,127 times
Has no one here, who is an adult, been a hospital patient recently?

It is, and has been for decades, required of the nursing staff, or a hospital social worker, to review and have a patient or their 'proxy' sign an Advanced Directive when they are hospitalized if there isn't one in their chart already.

I don't think the insurance companies (I may be wrong) have been against this portion of the Health Care Bill. They save millinons of dollars when people make the decision not to have 'heroic' medical treatmen. My mom lived with cancer for four years, WITHOUT chemo/radiation/surgery. She was the neighborhood volunteer who was called on to sit with a loved one while their caregiver took a rest. She was witness to the toll that 'heroics' took at the end of one's life's journey and made the INFORMED DECISION to have her life proceed as she wanted it. I was out of town when her health care providers discussed her options, postential and realistics outcomes of more medical intervention but my sister was there. My mother was given time to think about and discuss this with the family. My sister refused to discuss anything with her except 'heroics'. When I got home, we had a family meeting at which my sister still was crying and shouting that 'everything' had to be done. We then had a TWO HOUR meeting with my mom's physicians, her internist and her oncologist, a social worker and all her children.

At that meeting my mother said she only wanted comfort measures, no tubes, no chemo, no experiments and no machines. She just wanted to be comfortable. My sister said no way would she not allow CPR, intubation, etc. At that meeting, my mother made me her health care proxy in the event she was found not to be able to make her own medical decisions. My brother was also named, in the event I could not be contacted in a timely manner. This was all rather mute because her decision was already made and signed. A decision she could change at anytime.

The only thing different from the counseling that my mother and family received from what the health care bill proposed and what has been and is in place today, is payment to the health care providers for their time.

How many of you work for free?

Last edited by Siouxcia; 08-22-2009 at 12:11 PM.. Reason: clarification
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies