Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2009, 12:55 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,979,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
you cannot "prove" that Bush is smart

He was our President for 2 terms...prevented us from being attacked after 9/11, (no thanks to Clinton for allowing that to happen..thank you very much Bubba), brought us out of a recession left by Clinton into a thriving ecomony that lasted for close to 8 years through 2 wars and the aftermath of 9/11..brought democracy to Iraq and the middle east where women can now vote and are not stoned alive in the streets or executed by Taliban cowards..shall I go on..I don't actually think I have to..case resting
hahaha!! (recession left by Clinton?! ) HAHAHA!) Whooooaaaaa slow down there, you just spun that so hard I'm dizzy.

There are two sides to every story. Orrr we could also say that he brought us into the biggest recession since the great depression, that 9/11 happened on his watch, engaged in pre-emptive strikes, invaded another country & involved the US in an illegal and immoral war (ahem, playing "cowboy of the world," and the region is now in a bigger mess than it ever was before. OHH not to mention that whole thing about illegally detaining US citizens (for as long as they want) without charging them, spying on US citizens illegally, allowing his administration to engage in torture (basically giving the finger to the Geneva convention)... Shall I go on???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 01:21 PM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
hahaha!! (recession left by Clinton?! ) HAHAHA!) Whooooaaaaa slow down there, you just spun that so hard I'm dizzy.

There are two sides to every story. Orrr we could also say that he brought us into the biggest recession since the great depression, that 9/11 happened on his watch, engaged in pre-emptive strikes, invaded another country & involved the US in an illegal and immoral war (ahem, playing "cowboy of the world," and the region is now in a bigger mess than it ever was before. OHH not to mention that whole thing about illegally detaining US citizens (for as long as they want) without charging them, spying on US citizens illegally, allowing his administration to engage in torture (basically giving the finger to the Geneva convention)... Shall I go on???
You are wrong on all counts. Sorry

Old 08-19-2009, 01:24 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,172,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
I am sick and tired of hearing people call George W. Bush stupid or dumb.

President Bush was a VERY smart man. Plain and simple. Your money and connections may help get you into Harvard, but they do not get you a degree. Harvard is the most well respected educational institution in the world. Harvard is no bastion for conservatives. You HAVE to be smart to receive an MBA from Harvard. The course load mandates it. Are you haters who say money got his degree suggesting that Harvard and Yale are selling degrees??? That has got to be the most asine claim I've ever heard.

You cannot test someones IQ by the way they enunciate or by how articulate they are. You may not like President Bush, but all the folks who suggest that he is not a bright man are either a)dishonest or b)not so bright themselves.

Period.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:24 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
You have ABSOLTULEY NO evidence to support this.

And don't forget, Harvard is where your great leader attended law school.

Hmm, I was with you until said that.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:28 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,130 times
Gee thanks for clearing that up..but just a couple of minor things:

Orrr we could also say that he brought us into the biggest recession since the great depression - the "almost greater depression that is correcting itself without any help or stimulus..yes the sky was truely falling - not

that 9/11 happened on his watch, - that Clinton was too busy removing the "W's" from the typewriters to do anytihng about Bin Laden

engaged in pre-emptive strikes, invaded another country & involved the US in an illegal and immoral war - after UN bullturd resolutions, W only one with pair of balls to take action agaisnt Sadam who prepared a 25,000 page report to the UN of babling boloney and gave everyone cause to believe that he was hiding WMD's..everyone including Bubba..hello

illegally detaining US citizens (for as long as they want) without charging them, spying on US citizens illegally, allowing his administration to engage in torture (basically giving the finger to the Geneva convention)...- which US citizens were detained illegally??? Spying on terrorists..Ill do that all day long...Gitmo / Geneva Convention does not apply to enemy combatants...these are not US citizens not entitled to Constitution protection, US rights, ets..ets..they are animals and deserve what they get..had too many frineds lost in the towers to have any sympathy for those pieces of garbage...

there you go...

Old 08-19-2009, 01:32 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,130 times
Nice photo...you look good..really good..

Old 08-19-2009, 01:38 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,669 times
Quote:
you cannot "prove" that Bush is smart

He was our President for 2 terms...prevented us from being attacked after 9/11, (no thanks to Clinton for allowing that to happen..thank you very much Bubba), brought us out of a recession left by Clinton into a thriving ecomony that lasted for close to 8 years through 2 wars and the aftermath of 9/11..brought democracy to Iraq and the middle east where women can now vote and are not stoned alive in the streets or executed by Taliban cowards..shall I go on..I don't actually think I have to..case resting
Can we say "DELUSIONAL"?
Bush kept us safe...tell that to the thousands of families who have lost a loved one in Roadside bombs in a place we had no business going in to.

Brought us out of the recession...umm, there was a massive economic slowdown in 2001 after 9/11, and again starting in 2005 (finally coming to a head in 2007), that's not exactly a period of prosperity.

Tell me, how is that whole women not being stoned happening in Iran? What about Afghanistan? Saudi Arabia? Has Iraq brought peace to the Middle East, or have tens of thousands died (more than under Saddam) as a result of the failed policy of attacking Iraq?

The only reason why you shouldn't go on is to keep from further embarrassing yourself.

Remember, September 11th was 8 months after Bush was inagurated. So how did he keep us safe when the most devastating attack on American soil happened on his watch? How about the Anthrax being sent by an Army scientist? What about the fact that the 9/11 commission proved that he had enough intel to do something about the attack?

Old 08-19-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Yes..you are right..Harvard is a right wing institution with nothing but Conservative faculty and adminiistration..yes..they are all in the tank for the Bush family...how foolish of me..thank you for pointing that out...
Harvard was far more conservative in those days. And so was Yale. MBA Programs are not bastions of Liberal thought...duh. And an Ivy League school before the civil rights movement was hardly one either.

Harvard and Yale want one thing: Prestige. Having a senator's grandson graduate adds to the prestige of the institution. It's really not that tough of a concept.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Um, how so?

Name one thing in that paragraph that isn't true.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:03 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,979,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
good rebuttal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies