Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 12:50 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,909,438 times

Advertisements

I just don't get the blind Obama backing of this turd of a House bill on health care. Every single progressive I've read supports a single payer health plan, such as Nader and Michael Moore. Instead, we get a vague 1000 page bill that is the worst attempt of lamely supporting insurance companies with vague language to maybe grandfather in some type of single payer?!??! Worse, it doesn't even touch one of the largest drivers of health care cost, drug costs.

I mean, come on. I hate having to deal with a third party health care insurance system, but does this mean we have to accept ANYTHING that is crapped out by Congress?

I just don't get Congress and Obama. They have the majority in the House, Senate, and the President. They can pass single payer (Medicare for all) if they want to. Pelosi could just tell Limbaugh "go f--- yourself, Americans voted for a Democrat majority, they want this". Instead, Pelosi is so worried about the health insurance system and drug companies, they can't produce a simple health care reform bill the right way the first time? We HAVE TO ACCEPT a 1000 page contorted bill which weaves and dodges when you get to keep your insurance or not? Apparently, none of the anti-single payer advocates are buying into this crappy bill anyways, so why waste the energy and do what's right?

Then there are the blind Koolaid drinking Obama loyalists who believe Obama uber alles. Why aren't these people asking the Democrats, especially Obama, "why don't we just pass a SIMPLE single payer Medicare for all, Obama? Pres. Obama and Pelosi, why are you bending backwards to appease the health insurance and drug companies instead of doing what's right?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2009, 12:56 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,424,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
Pres. Obama and Pelosi, why are you bending backwards to appease the health insurance and drug companies instead of doing what's right?"
Moneymoneymoney Mon Ey.

It costs so much to run for office in this country that virtually all politicians can be bought.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:57 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
I laugh every time I read that Republicans and their thugs are holding up healthcare reform.
Couldn't be further from the truth.

They don't even need these town halls. They have the numbers and a President to sign a bill.
I don't even bother posting on any of the "town hall" threads..it's a moot point. Congress will pass what it wants to pass driven by what Obama wants.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:09 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,358,694 times
I just don't get why people seem to think asinine KoolAid remarks are a reasonable substitute for reasoned, meaningful, intellgent discussion.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:11 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,315,610 times
Please continue to argue amongst yourselves while the wheels come off the various loopy left health care plans.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:13 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Please continue to argue amongst yourselves while the wheels come off the various loopy left health care plans.

Aw, c'mon, throw out a few "KoolAids" so we'll know just how smart you really are.

And is "loopy" now replacing "loony" amongst the NeoConfused?

Old 08-15-2009, 01:14 PM

646 posts, read 1,639,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Health Care Reform is coming whether you like it or not. At least be realistic. You know its coming....

Old 08-15-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocker27ka View Post
Health Care Reform is coming whether you like it or not. At least be realistic. You know its coming....
What's taking it so long?
The left has a majority.
I think you need a reality check.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Aw, c'mon, throw out a few "KoolAids" so we'll know just how smart you really are.

And is "loopy" now replacing "loony" amongst the NeoConfused?
NeoConfused..Good one smarty pants

Old 08-15-2009, 01:21 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,689,422 times
MediCare for ALL or MediCare for NONE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies