Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 11:38 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,783,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What's wrong with a co-op of insurers ? People will still be able to purchase insurance. Isn't that what everyone wanted..access to healthcare insurance ?
RJ Eskow: Dealbreaker: Five Reasons Co-Ops Will Fail

NOW! Blog » Rockefeller Destroys the Co-op Idea: Unregulated and Unproven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Well, time to ratchet up my phone and email campaign to all of my representatives. Just sent an email to the White House.
Phone calls work better, along with faxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 11:42 AM

4,465 posts, read 7,997,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thud70 View Post
Not likely, you may have won the battle but not the war. We will be back again and again until we get our right to equal healthcare. The next time we will be more ready for the wingnut media and the thugs and shut them up before they can spread their lies. It will be a success even if we get a stripped down version, at least there will be something to build on with amendments.

Resistance is futile bwahahahahah.

Hey, I favored socialized medicine.

But the Dem Party for the past twenty years has not existed.

In its place we have had the Moderate wing of the Corporatist Party.

And within that umbrella of alliances of groups, whose interests run in direct opposition to each other, is the largest alliance- The Progressives- who constitute the largest (as measured by representation in the House) faction.

But one which is a minority when the other, corporate factions, unite.

So, the once-Democratic Party has become a contradiction in terms.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Yep, a Bill with Co-ops signals failure to change the system.

Then Progressives then should/will kill the entire affair.

And let Obama ( a Corporatist who ran as a Progressive, and who proved in that ruse that a Progressive could win) become a one-term wonder.

And a footnote.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:48 AM

3,325 posts, read 1,960,348 times
Default 2010 on it's way !

what's wrong with tort reform? Oh that's right... the democrats take huge contributions from these corporate lawsuit factories.

Talk about corporate greed!

At least conservatives don't hide the profit motive in health insurance.
Democrats hide their greed behind some robin hood smoke screen while pretending to "care" about the poor and disadvantaged.

What slime.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:51 AM

3,325 posts, read 1,960,348 times
Default waterloo is coming !

Sarh Palin: type type type send.

Barack Obama: "guess my chickens came home to roost".

Old 08-16-2009, 11:53 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,783,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
Yep, a Bill with Co-ops signals failure to change the system.

Then Progressives then should/will kill the entire affair.

And let Obama ( a Corporatist who ran as a Progressive, and who proved in that ruse that a Progressive could win) become a one-term wonder.

And a footnote.
AUDIO Of Jim DeMint Saying Health Care Will Be Obama’s “Waterloo” | The Plum Line

They take this VERY seriously.

They want Obama to fail and don't care how many American citizens are hurt by their obstructionist goals.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:54 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,436,879 times
Quote:
Yep, I've been calling, specifically about this co-op issue. But now I'm going to turn up the volume, so to speak.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:54 AM

553 posts, read 836,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
what's wrong with tort reform? Oh that's right... the democrats take huge contributions from these corporate lawsuit factories.

Talk about corporate greed!

At least conservatives don't hide the profit motive in health insurance.
Democrats hide their greed behind some robin hood smoke screen while pretending to "care" about the poor and disadvantaged.

What slime.

Well said!

As another poster remarked, we need to make sure we don't rest on our laurels here.

I for one, will be taking my letter writing parties, phone bank get-togethers and information distribution to the next level.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:55 AM

Quote:
AUDIO Of Jim DeMint Saying Health Care Will Be Obama’s “Waterloo” | The Plum Line

They take this VERY seriously.

They want Obama to fail and don't care how many American citizens are hurt by their obstructionist goals.
Obama knows this; at least Howard Dean does.

The problem is that Obama is a man motivated, much like Clinton was, to serve the business interests first.

So, his committment is what's in question.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:56 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Yep, I've been calling, specifically about this co-op issue. But now I'm going to turn up the volume, so to speak.
Don't turn it up too much..you might be called a "thug" or a "domestic terrorist".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies