Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 02:43 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times

Advertisements

I watched MTP this mourning. Seems like they weren't offering any solutions. They even backed away from regulating the current insurance companies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 03:13 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
The Republicans wrote and submitted the bill they must think they have a chance to pass it. I suggest they think they have a chance to kill grandma
I recall the loony left complaining about the lack of a Republican plan. The Republicans know it doesn't stand a snowballs chance.

Old 08-16-2009, 03:18 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I recall the loony left complaining about the lack of a Republican plan. The Republicans know it doesn't stand a snowballs chance.
So the guys who paid for the bus to bring protestors to the Town Hall are suing to effectively end Social Security and Medicare. Tens of millions of seniors will be on Welfare, losing their homes to Medical Bills

Old 08-16-2009, 03:19 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Just spouting BS isn't a plan, its trying to deflect a blow.

A plan has solutions in it, they don't have a plan that regulates current private insurance companies, and thats whats needed.

Old 08-16-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Just spouting BS isn't a plan, its trying to deflect a blow.

A plan has solutions in it, they don't have a plan that regulates current private insurance companies, and thats whats needed.
Ok then stop whining. The screaming mimi's here are whipped into a frenzy about killing grandma.

Old 08-16-2009, 03:21 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Quote:
If you watched Meet the Press this morning you would have heard Coburn refer to the Republican health care bill. You would have heard him say how it would fix Medicare.

There plan is to have private insurance companies take it over. Then some middle manager will decide when Grandma dies. I can see this now Grandma needs a bypass so they have to call Bob the pot head for permission. The more grandmas he kills the faster he gets promoted. Oh BTW there also going to kill off the disabled and children.
Yes, but if you paid attention to Meet the Press, the republicans clearly had a better idea of the health care plan and pretty much won the debate... Coburn did say that which I don't think reflects the Republican platform (but its nice of you to phrase it like that)... I don't agree with Coburn, I think switching from government bureaucracy to a corporate bureaucracy is just as bad... but WTH, feel free to say what you like, a lot of disinformation has been going around lately...

Old 08-16-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
So the guys who paid for the bus to bring protestors to the Town Hall are suing to effectively end Social Security and Medicare. Tens of millions of seniors will be on Welfare, losing their homes to Medical Bills
Hey everybody, except the loony left, believes that the town hall protesters are genuinely concerned about healthcare.

Old 08-16-2009, 04:16 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,448,256 times
Quote:
This should get you where you want to go.

This is the text

Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress):

This is a summary of the bill

http://coburn.senate.gov/public/inde...8-0866cc47092d
Thanks.

It's S. 1099 - Text of S.1099 as Introduced in Senate: Independent Health Record Trust Act of 2009 - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress

Old 08-16-2009, 04:17 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,170,588 times
Quote:
Then why are they bringing it up on national television. Why are you afraid to discuss the Republican murder of grandma.

Old 08-16-2009, 04:21 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,170,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Yes, but if you paid attention to Meet the Press, the republicans clearly had a better idea of the health care plan and pretty much won the debate... Coburn did say that which I don't think reflects the Republican platform (but its nice of you to phrase it like that)... I don't agree with Coburn, I think switching from government bureaucracy to a corporate bureaucracy is just as bad... but WTH, feel free to say what you like, a lot of disinformation has been going around lately...
I disagree Dick Armey never even talked about the plan. He was just disassociate his paid group of wing nut from other paid wing nuts. Coburn just talk over everyone and refused to have the debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies