Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2009, 05:47 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
Why measure anything?
Why do scientists do what they do?

A little paranoia/nonsense does a body good?

You are attempting to say any measurements of co2 are related to temperature, and therefore all measurements of co2 are suspect.

So who's the one pushing the temperature/co2 connection?
It ain't me.
And it isn't the graphs I've linked either.

Temperature and CO2 ARE related. However, CO2 levels rise AFTER temperature increases in the fossil record. The "global warming" nuts have it backwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 06:07 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,902,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Temperature and CO2 ARE related. However, CO2 levels rise AFTER temperature increases in the fossil record. The "global warming" nuts have it backwards.
If you see a graph charting Co2 levels, would you automatically discount that graph as false because you've seen someone refute an unrelated temperature graph+projection?

That is what one poster keeps arguing - that all co2 measurements are false.

Old 08-18-2009, 06:08 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,411,259 times
Quote:
Why measure anything?
Why do scientists do what they do?

A little paranoia/nonsense does a body good?

You are attempting to say any measurements of co2 are related to temperature, and therefore all measurements of co2 are suspect.

So who's the one pushing the temperature/co2 connection?
It ain't me.
And it isn't the graphs I've linked either.
Guess I'll ahve to take you by the hand.

This "graph" was made in a specific attempt to illustrate a man-made global warming trend by showing a rise in a "green house" gas, CO2.

Old 08-18-2009, 06:11 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,307,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
1. I rev my engine to waste gas at stoplights- I have a caddy CTS V that wastes alot of gas

2. I keep the temp in the house at 68 in the summer and 78 in the winter

3. I drive everywhere

4. My utility bills are over $1,000 per month

5. I keep lights going when I do not need to do so

6. I leave bathroom fans running all day long

7. I gave each of my kids a car with a V8- they are more fun and waste more gas

8. My house is well insultated and the windows are good- this was done by the previous owner- I don't care

- I do, however, always recycle plastic and paper products and never littler. I know that these things make a difference. The above does not. I am just postponing the next ice age.

Your wallet, your choice, that's my motto. I try and conserve where I can, but don't feel guilty about by my truck, the RV, or burning in my fireplace.

Old 08-18-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
If you see a graph charting Co2 levels, would you automatically discount that graph as false because you've seen someone refute an unrelated temperature graph+projection?

That is what one poster keeps arguing - that all co2 measurements are false.
No, I keep telling you the graphs you have offered have been disproven as bad science.

You still have yet to substantiate your "evidence" as well, BTW.

Shall I bother waiting up?

Old 08-18-2009, 06:51 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,272,138 times
Come on guys...there has to be something better to argue about than CO2 graphs!

Old 08-18-2009, 07:35 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,902,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Come on guys...there has to be something better to argue about than CO2 graphs!
Yeah, I'm pretty tired of this fact-denial process.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:41 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,539,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
i love climate change !

no! Climate change is plan "b".

global warming was plan "a". :d

Old 08-19-2009, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I'm pretty tired of this fact-denial process.
You have yet to prove it's a fact.

So fart you haven't done any better than the YECers and Alien Conspiracy Mythers on this forum.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:15 AM

409 posts, read 1,459,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So which is it with you people, will there be fewer hurricanes with global warming, or more hurricanes?

I don't know why I bother, you people think everything is caused by global warming, too hot, too cold, too dry, too wet, too stormy, too benign.

You guys twist yourselves in knots trying to come up with more epicycles to the man-made global warming theory.
To oversimplify the prognoses greatly, wet areas will get wetter, dry areas will get dryer, hot areas will get slightly hotter and cold areas will get more noticeably hotter. That will not mean that we won't get the odd cold summer. Some areas will buck these general trends.

We are only talking about an average increase of 2-4 degrees Celsius and some of that increase will come from warmer winters. The IPCC isn't too keen on drastic sea level rises. Some people talk about feet while the IPCC talks about inches.

Long term, it would be better to live in Great Lakes basin or on either coasts than it would be to live in the mid-west or the south-west. Actually Georgia gets some pretty dry weather (they had major drought problems this spring) considering they are near the east coast but I've never lived there so I don't know how typical dry weather is there. SE Australia is being hammered by hard right now by a long running drought but it is important to remember that droughts did exist 100 years ago as well. Climate Change just predicts that droughts will be more common (and potentially longer lasting) in areas that have somewhat of a predisposition to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies