Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 12:19 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,423,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Enron is the perfect example of how good and compassionate corporations are, I am sure all those ex-Enron employees are as thankful as you are for all the jobs the company created and unions are BAAAAAAAAAD!. Keep believing the LIE.
And this is a perfect example of how the left will take ONE example and use it to represent the masses.

What about Sears, Target, Albertsons, Boeing, Bic, Pulte, AT&T, Aetna, Adobe, 3M, American Express, B&N, Bayer, ConAgra, DuPont, Kodak, Ford, Hearst, John Deere, Johnson & Johnson, MetLife, Texas Instruments, Fieldstone, Humana, SBC, Shell, Sprint, Tesoro, US Airways, 3Comm, Abbott, Ameritech, Bristol Meyers, Cabot, Cannon, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc....

You know, those that all have HUGE charitable foundations set up and give more to the community than you can fathom. Not including those owners and executives that anonymously give more than you make in a year.

But yeah, because of one corrupt corporation, "corporations bad!" Your reasoning is flawless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 12:23 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Even one such as you
Quote:
should be able to tell the difference between the terms "healthcare reform" and "health insurance reform". One is supposed to actually perform health care. The other, the method to pay for it. The lie is trying to combine the two into one entity. Of course, if the government plans succeeds, that is exactly what will happen.

I can see how you would get confused.
As you yourself said, they're the same thing. I think I explained fairly well why they're having to spell out exactly WHAT is intended to be reformed, since people have chosen to misunderstand so profoundly. Nothing sinister about it.

Quote:
You can tell what others think in your capacity as what, government spin doctor? You define what terms you want and then tell others that they are not thinking in your terms, so they must be wrong. Nice liberal trick, to bad it is "transparent".
Just guessing based on the assumptions you made and the conclusions you drew from them.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:28 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
You know, those that all have HUGE charitable foundations set up and give more to the community than you can fathom. Not including those owners and executives that anonymously give more than you make in a year.

But yeah, because of one corrupt corporation, "corporations bad!" Your reasoning is flawless.
Of course they do! What a great way to reduce their tax burden. I am sorry, I meant to say, corporations are such compassionate institutions, they actually "give back" to the community, almost as good as Mother Theresa. Unions on the other hand are BAD and Communist!

Old 08-17-2009, 12:32 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Quote:
Corporations are GOOD because they create jobs! LOL...One of my favorite Conservative LIES!
So you have provided your own elec, water, You built the computer you are using from scrap metal you found walking around town because you surely dont own a car. You got internet from where? The chair you are sitting on came from the tree in your backyard right?

Because you dont need a corporation for anything in your life right? You can live without them right

Old 08-17-2009, 12:35 PM

769 posts, read 887,287 times
Quote:
Of course they do! What a great way to reduce their tax burden. I am sorry, I meant to say, corporations are such compassionate institutions, they actually "give back" to the community, almost as good as Mother Theresa

So because they get tax breaks for their donations they are still evil? You you rather them not make the donations? You are trying to distract from the truth.

Truth: Government gives tax breaks for charitable donations......good thing

Another truth: Large corporations and wealth make donations, receive tax breaks......everyone wins, another good thing

Third truth: If I'm rich, it is of no benefit of my own to just give money to someone else, and no one should hold it against me if I don't. If I do, that's great and your a better person for it; keeping your own money shoudn't be considered wrong.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:37 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,423,879 times
Quote:
Of course they do! What a great way to reduce their tax burden. I am sorry, I meant to say, corporations are such compassionate institutions, they actually "give back" to the community, almost as good as Mother Theresa. Unions on the other hand are BAD and Communist!
The government rewards those that give.

Guess what, I get a tax break on things that I buy for my business too. I'll pay for $20,000 in advertisements a year for myself. And yep, I get to write that off. It means I'm taxed on $20,000 less than I brought in, but it doesn't mean I get that $20,000 back.

Do you really know what a write off is? They get a FRACTION of that back. Giving away money just for a deduction isn't exactly a sound business practice and very successful corporations aren't exactly where they're at because they're stupid.

I'm sure you'd just rather all the corporations of the world fold. That'd mean no evil charitable giving. No high paid executives, etc. Then everything would be perfect, right?

Old 08-17-2009, 12:40 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,472,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterK View Post
So because they get tax breaks for their donations they are still evil? You you rather them not make the donations? You are trying to distract from the truth.

Truth: Government gives tax breaks for charitable donations......good thing

Another truth: Large corporations and wealth make donations, receive tax breaks......everyone wins, another good thing

Third truth: If I'm rich, it is of no benefit of my own to just give money to someone else, and no one should hold it against me if I don't. If I do, that's great and your a better person for it; keeping your own money shoudn't be considered wrong.
Corporations shouldn't be seen as a benevolent force because that's not what they're designed to do. Anything that distracts from that (even giving donations or whatever) is a con game.

It's telling that you don't seem to want that money to go to the employee so that they have a choice as to whether they donate to a charitable organization or not. It's possible corporations are donating to charitable organizations I don't agree with (as a consumer or as an employee).

Old 08-17-2009, 12:42 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Corporations shouldn't be seen as a benevolent force because that's not what they're designed to do. Anything that distracts from that (even giving donations or whatever) is a con game.
Some suckers actually believe in this type of corporate BS. Wow, I work for such a benevolent company, look at them, they are helping those poor black people build a home! So compassionate!

Old 08-17-2009, 12:51 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,315,249 times
Quote:
Some suckers actually believe in this type of corporate BS. Wow, I work for such a benevolent company, look at them, they are helping those poor black people build a home! So compassionate!
So in your little world, only government can do good?

As Mr.T once said...
Quote:
I pity the fool

Old 08-17-2009, 01:03 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,200,125 times
We all need to start ignoring Repubocrat...more and more I think he is a 13 year old posting here to get a rise out of people. I think he is just doing it for the attention. If we ignore him he might just go away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies