Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2009, 08:26 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,523,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
He seems determined to put the democrats back inot the minority really by rewarding specail interest rather than listening to the country.
He is simply fulfilling a campaign promise......one of many that those who voted for him were aware of. He simply needs to get on with it and equal rights implementation is NOT rewarding a "special interest"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
you didn't read it for what is was saying either. Once we start letting all types of marriages happen such as 4 and 5 at a time, things will get really kooky.
I fail to follow the convoluted logic that equal marriage rights will lead to polygamy etc. ; I thought the Mormons had the lock on polygamy???

Old 08-17-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
gay marriage will change nothing except show that gays are just a vulnerable to divorce as we are.
of course if i am wrong, then we should probably take a good hard look at all marriage law no?
That remains to be seen but is an invalid question until the same societal support structure is in place for Gay people as for straight. With divorce at over 50%; I think the Gays will be no worse, all parameters considered.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
you people are blind. Do you see what I was responding to? Either you are refusing the facts or your are blind. Someone said they were even for multiple marriages, so I posted in response to that. Get the stick out of your butts and look at what is being addressed.
I fail to see where someone posted the statement you claimed....please explain and with a bit more class, if possible???

Old 08-17-2009, 08:46 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,590,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33458 View Post
Marriage is not natural. It is a legal agreement, condoned by a church or approved by the State. We can bicker as to who designed the contract.

As to the why or why not?
Because an animal or child can not give informed consent. Because an inanimate object can not give consent, period.

No problem with multiple partners...not my thing, but if they're all of sound mind and of age...

And as to why marriage was promoted as the one true way...well, let's go waaay back in history and reflect upon property rights, chattle...and just how marriage was REALLY preceived until recently.

And did you only get married - if you are married - for procreation? The sole reason? Or was there something more to it? Like, maybe love, commitment...devotion.

Heteros do not have exclusivity on these honorable desires.
You can pretty up your argument all you want with words, but in the end you are living in sin, and you trespass against God by continuing to live like this. I married for love, but I understood at an early age that I was suppose to marry a woman, and only a married couple should be having children.

No matter how you justify it, explain it, or defend it.... Same sex marriage is not natural, is not normal, and is a sin.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Well, then you shouldn't complain about others who can manage more.
When did I complain against others who can have more children than I was able? Oh, you mean those gay couples who want to adopt and help pervert the family unit further? Do you really think a baby who grows up with two mommies or two daddies is going to have a normal outlook on life?

I am totally against same sex partners adopting children, period. You should never raise a child in a house of sin.

Old 08-17-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
I guess that your God didn't want you to continue breeding then. What do you think God had against you that you weren't permitted to bring more children in to the world? Are you unfit parents?
God wanted me to have two children for a reason, why I do not know. Maybe he wanted to let me decide if my pride as a father was more important to me than my wife's life was. God has nothing against me personally, I play my role in my family's life and in life overall.

Trying to make something like this into an argument against me and my wife proves that you are not a Christian person and that you have hate in your heart. I am sorry that your life has reached this point, and I will say a prayer for you right now.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:29 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,352,828 times
I hope that one day obama passes a law that restricts anyone from trying to control others like some laws do. he needs to work on ending the drug wars next and he will have a solid campaign and win for the next elections.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:33 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post

You can pretty up your argument all you want with words, but in the end you are living in sin, and you trespass against God by continuing to live like this. I married for love, but I understood at an early age that I was suppose to marry a woman, and only a married couple should be having children.

No matter how you justify it, explain it, or defend it.... Same sex marriage is not natural, is not normal, and is a sin.
1 Do not judge so that you will not be judged. 2 For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. 3 Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. -- Matthew 7:1-5

Old 08-17-2009, 09:55 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
When did I complain against others who can have more children than I was able? Oh, you mean those gay couples who want to adopt and help pervert the family unit further? Do you really think a baby who grows up with two mommies or two daddies is going to have a normal outlook on life?

I am totally against same sex partners adopting children, period. You should never raise a child in a house of sin.
LOL....oh, it's ever so funny to see/and/or watch this kind of thing. Gives me goosebumps of a sort for all of the fuzzy & warm feeling I'm getting. PERVERSION!!!!!! Oh god, not that!!!! Good god man, calm yourself down, pick yourself up, wipe yourself off & start over. I'm sitting here w/my gay nephew who was completely & utterly indoctrinated by me...because I believe in the gay way. Man, he was all about the p*ssy before that, let me tell ya. Thank CHRIST I got to him before the lord took over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies