Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 04:21 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Of the last 4 I would rank Obama as the worst because he expanded food stamps and other welfare dependency programs. I would rank him as the second worst President in U.S history behind LBJ. As for best, none of them excite me too much but when all is said and done Trump will probably end up being my favorite President of my lifetime.
Obama expanded food stamps because he took over the job when we were losing 745,000 jobs a month and the DOW was below 8,000. If Trump was to serve 8 years the DOW would need to be 61,000 when he leaves office to match Obama`s successful presidency. What turns you on about Trump? Mocking the handicapped, trashing our POWs, raiding the Treasury for tax cuts, bragging about grabbing women`s body parts or is it withdrawing from the Iran deal so Iran can go back to building a nuke?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2019, 04:23 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
So you'd say:

-The 1918 to 1929 was a great time economically?!?!

-So you'd say that there were no bubbles forming in the 1990s?

-Isn't the technology growth of the 1980s and 1990s, none of which had to do with Reagan or Clinton a big reason the economy was growing during those two decades?
I wish we had an economy like we did in the 1990s. We will have to disagree on this, since you think it was a bad time economically.

Old 02-25-2019, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Of the last 4 I would rank Obama as the worst because he expanded food stamps and other welfare dependency programs.
They are designed to kick in at times of economic disaster like 2008 aka "Bush meltdown".

Old 02-25-2019, 04:30 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,582,090 times
#1 Trump
#2 GWB
#3 Clinton

Obama doesn't make the top 4 in a 4 man race.....

Old 02-25-2019, 04:59 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,218 times
Quote:
Of the last 4 I would rank Obama as the worst because he expanded food stamps and other welfare dependency programs. I would rank him as the second worst President in U.S history behind LBJ. As for best, none of them excite me too much but when all is said and done Trump will probably end up being my favorite President of my lifetime.
Clinton by far was the best president. More jobs, got people off welfare and into employment. Our national debt was way down. If only he could have kept his pants on; maybe his wife would have been one of the greatest leaders. He tarnished his legacy and did not help Hillary.

Trump will be your all time favorite? After all is said and done? If we are not up the creek without a paddle. Be happy, don't worry.

Old 02-25-2019, 05:21 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Clinton by far was the best president. More jobs, got people off welfare and into employment. Our national debt was way down. If only he could have kept his pants on; maybe his wife would have been one of the greatest leaders. He tarnished his legacy and did not help Hillary.

Trump will be your all time favorite? After all is said and done? If we are not up the creek without a paddle. Be happy, don't worry.
Clinton tried to keep people on welfare, it was the Republicans who overrode his veto to limit welfare benefits... Our national debt never went down... He tried to reduce the deficit but what is on paper isn't exactly what happens...It is way overhyped.

Old 02-25-2019, 09:20 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I wish we had an economy like we did in the 1990s. We will have to disagree on this, since you think it was a bad time economically.
Of course we will have to disagree, because you refuse to address the facts that Clinton put in place and supported multiple policies that damaged the economy long-term.

Yes short-term, there was a bubble that masked the fault lines. Doesn't mean Clinton didn't harm the country economically.

It doesn't take a genius to see that policies put in place years before 1929 caused the Great Depression collapse.

You are just playing politics.

Old 02-25-2019, 09:30 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
1. Obama
2. GW
3. Clinton
4. Trump

Old 02-25-2019, 01:57 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Clinton -- and I would give him only a 'C'. (I would give the others an 'F', but for different reasons.)

Old 02-25-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Of course we will have to disagree, because you refuse to address the facts that Clinton put in place and supported multiple policies that damaged the economy long-term.

You are just playing politics.
No, you are playing politics. I simply said I disagree with your take on the 1990s economics. I loved it, as did pretty much everyone else. Did it overheat? Sure, and the Fed failed to prevent it, but even then the dot-com bubble bursting was a minor issue, especially when compared to the massive problem resulting from "W" economics. It is absurd you'd ignore the melt-down of 2008, and focus on something minor only because of partisan politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies