Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 01:04 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
you actually think people are that stupid and gullible? Your actions and posts speak volumes. All you guys are doing is trying to ram home that it is the Onion doing this and it is satire. Surprise, surprise karfar, we all knew that from the beginning and that's why we think it is funny. There is no reason to try and defend it by re-stating over and over again that is is satire.
Oh- you didn't know- liberals are the all knowing. They know what is right and wrong for everyone. They are above us all. their way of life and politics is perfect for everyone! This is why they bow down to the President and could never have a laugh at his expense. Really a pathetic outlook.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 01:06 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,064,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Oh- you didn't know- liberals are the all knowing. They know what is right and wrong for everyone. They are above us all. their way of life and politics is perfect for everyone! This is why they bow down to the President and could never have a laugh at his expense. Really a pathetic outlook.
I concur cleanhouse. Also we need to do exactly what your name says in 2010 and 2012.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:09 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
I concur cleanhouse. Also we need to do exactly what your name says in 2010 and 2012.
New Yorkers have the right idea:

Poll: New York voters want to throw senators out

Old 08-18-2009, 01:12 PM

5,238 posts, read 8,792,481 times
Quote:
I'm about as liberal as they get, and I think the piece was funny.

You see, the way (good) satire works is by being based on something that is real. In case, the thing that is real is Obama's high level of energy and optimism. That's what makes the whole "depressed" part funny. See how that works? Yes, the bit had funny pictures. I liked those, too. But the whole premise is not at the President's expense, it's actually more of a compliment, as there is no humor in calling a depressed person depressed. That's more mean than funny. Showing a highly energetic, hopeful and inspirational leader as depressed? Now THAT's funny!

Old 08-18-2009, 01:13 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,064,161 times
Quote:
New Yorkers have the right idea:

Poll: New York voters want to throw senators out
Good idea, I hope it works. When I go to the polls I'm voting AGAINST ANY incumbent. I don't care what party their in, I'm going against them. Looks like it might be a good voting season for the little guys. Time for some REAL CHANGE!

Old 08-18-2009, 01:27 PM

87 posts, read 99,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
LOL, you seriously need to give it up already. It's quite obvious you have no idea what the word satire means, let alone understand that The Onion is EXACTLY that, satire. So no sanrene, sorry to burst your bubble, but this is by no means anything new or disrespectful or exciting. It's yet another day in the life of The Onion doing what they do best. LOL, dang you're hilarious, thinking you've found something, like gold.
Well, not to be, what did Barry call us, rabble rousers?

Sanrene said it was not a paper...not to speak for him/her, but I took it that she meant "news paper". Ya know, like the NYT's used to be 40 years ago?

The Onion is not a "news paper". It is satire. It's funny. Kind of like Ann Colter (sp?). She does satire, too. She's funny. Oh, you libs don't get Ann's satire? Now, that IS funny!

But, you libs DO get John Stewart's satire. Oh...some of you don't and think he is a NEWSMAN. Well, now that IS VERY, VERY FUNNY, INDEED!

Sanrene was right.

Now, go turn on NPR and listen to the news.

BTW...that was satire.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
she didnt know its a paper lol, kelly bundy anyone
Wow! Your social commentary is quite biting with those references!

Old 08-18-2009, 01:28 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Quote:
This is why they bow down to the President and could never have a laugh at his expense.
This is hilarious. You guys simply are w/out the ability to read.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:30 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabbey View Post
Well, not to be, what did Barry call us, rabble rousers?

Sanrene said it was not a paper...not to speak for him/her, but I took it that she meant "news paper". Ya know, like the NYT's used to be 40 years ago?

The Onion is not a "news paper". It is satire. It's funny. Kind of like Ann Colter (sp?). She does satire, too. She's funny. Oh, you libs don't get Ann's satire? Now, that IS funny!

But, you libs DO get John Stewart's satire. Oh...some of you don't and think he is a NEWSMAN. Well, now that IS VERY, VERY FUNNY, INDEED!

Sanrene was right.

Now, go turn on NPR and listen to the news.

BTW...that was satire.
That's amusing to say the least.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Who cares?

The point is the great piece mocking the one. I especially like the pic of obama all rumpled with a ciggie.

I'm sure they are getting hell for this disrespect.
I'm sure the Ministry of Fixing Images is on that one. They surely are scrubbing ALL pics of Barry smoking or Mechelle looking like Big Foot, as we speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies